• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

missing uploaded article image or authors image

When i edit artice in admin side , then press save . The image is missing.

It's also happen in authors.php

oscommerce 2.3.1

article manager 1.5.7_7

You should check the images directory for this contribution to see if the image is actually there. Your server may not be allowing the upload.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You should check the images directory for this contribution to see if the image is actually there. Your server may not be allowing the upload.

Yes, everything is good, And the image is actually there .

whan i post new article to topicle.

but 2nd edit the article, then press preview adn then save , the image link will missing . maybe you can try , Just do nothing and then save the article . your image link will missing. But image is still in /iamges/article_manager_uploads .

help, please , and i need to solution this bug. thank you

Yes, everything is good, And the image is actually there .

whan i post new article to topicle.

but 2nd edit the article, then press preview adn then save , the image link will missing . maybe you can try , Just do nothing and then save the article . your image link will missing. But image is still in /iamges/article_manager_uploads .

help, please , and i need to solution this bug. thank you

If the image is present in the images directory on the shop side, then the problem is probably in the files on the admin side. You can use the included files to test with to see if the problem goes away.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If the image is present in the images directory on the shop side, then the problem is probably in the files on the admin side. You can use the included files to test with to see if the problem goes away.

Hi , jack

thank yo reply,

front side is disapear too, because in admin , when i edit the article , and then save . the image path will missing , so in front side , the image is disapear.But image is still in /image/article_manager_uploads.

maybe in admin/article.php line 200~ , get something wrong, i think .

case 'insert_article':

case 'update_article':

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

That error can be caused by many things. The reason for it will sometimes show in the error log. Otherwise, you will need to ask your host.

Error log says:

Premature end of script headers: index.php

it happens only when article box is switched on in admin panel, when it's off all runs good

and it is ok with hoster we had a long conversation

Edited by Андрей Соснин

it happens only when article box is switched on in admin panel, when it's off all runs good

and it is ok with hoster we had a long conversation

Sounds like there is some conflict with the code in the contribution and some other code in the shop. There's no way to troubleshoot that from here though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

Getting this error on my sitemap.php page

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getboldtags() (previously declared in /home/lyons/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php:40) in /home/lyons/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 57

Getting this error on my sitemap.php page

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getboldtags() (previously declared in /home/lyons/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php:40) in /home/lyons/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 57

You can try changing this code
function GetBoldTags($page, $id = 0)

to

if (! function_exists("GetBoldTags"))
function GetBoldTags($page, $id = 0)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Nope, that caused a T_FUNCTION error.

You my have to enclose the function wih {}. I've never ran across another contribution that uses a function by that name but if this change doesn't work and there is one in your shop, you will have to rename one, and change the code that calls it. Other than that, it would have to be a mistake in your code that is causing the file to be loaded twice.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I am a webmaster for a new osC v2.3 site currently in development:

http://mantra.pc-handyman.net

Our programmer has installed Aricle Manager 1.57_7. We will be using this to generate additional non-product-related content pages for the site, such as our "About ..." page, FAQ page, etc. — we will not be using it to post blog articles, so commenting and "reviews" will be disabled.

I am having a problem: I created my first Topic "About Pages" and my first article "About Namadeva" within that topic. I assigned it the URL http;//mantra.pc-handyman.net/about_namadeva.html. The article shows up in the Article Managers admin interface, but the page seems not to have been created, and it doesn't appear in the "Articles" list on the left sidebar of the Home page.

How do I go about troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks!

Our programmer has installed Aricle Manager 1.57_7. We will be using this to generate additional non-product-related content pages for the site, such as our "About ..." page, FAQ page, etc. — we will not be using it to post blog articles, so commenting and "reviews" will be disabled.

I am having a problem: I created my first Topic "About Pages" and my first article "About Namadeva" within that topic. I assigned it the URL http;//mantra.pc-handyman.net/about_namadeva.html. The article shows up in the Article Managers admin interface, but the page seems not to have been created, and it doesn't appear in the "Articles" list on the left sidebar of the Home page.

If you can view the page in admin, then it was created. You may have not filled in all of the details or marked it as not available or with a postponed date. Or maybe one of the settings has been changed to not show. The contribution works fine in 2.3 so it is almost ceertain that the problem is something you did, or didn't do, but there's no way for me to know without looking at the code.

By the way, if all you want to do is add pages, like about us, then you may want to look at the Information Pages contribution instead. Article Manager will do what you want but it has a lot of code that sounds like it will be un-used. Just a thought.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem with the Information Pages add-on is that it allows you to manage additional pages through the Admin interface, but it doesn't actually generate the pages—you have to create the pages manually. And, as far as I know, you can't use a WYSIWYG editor with it, either.

As to the page I created with the Articles Manager: it is set to published, status active, blog status inactive (it isn't a blog article—commenting and reviews aren't enabled), the date expected field was left blank, sort order is set to 1. I tried uploading an image to accompany the article—it didn't upload. I put a four-word description in the Meta Description field and the text for the article in the article content field. I then typed the SEO friendly URL I wanted into the Article URL field—mantra.pc-handyman.net/about_namadeva.html.

My programmer discovered the page was created and has this URL:

http://mantra.pc-handyman.net/article_info.php/about-namadeva-a-2

It also appears on the articles.php page, but not in the "Articles" sidebar on the left of the Home page. (We have removed the sidebar, as we don;t want to use it.)

My questions are: why wasn't the article assigned the SEO friendly URL? And why wasn't the photo uploaded?

I need to be able to add links to the pages I create with the Articles Manager to my nav menu, so I need to be able to identify the correct URLs for the links.

Thanks.

The problem with the Information Pages add-on is that it allows you to manage additional pages through the Admin interface, but it doesn't actually generate the pages—you have to create the pages manually. And, as far as I know, you can't use a WYSIWYG editor with it, either.

As to the page I created with the Articles Manager: it is set to published, status active, blog status inactive (it isn't a blog article—commenting and reviews aren't enabled), the date expected field was left blank, sort order is set to 1. I tried uploading an image to accompany the article—it didn't upload. I put a four-word description in the Meta Description field and the text for the article in the article content field. I then typed the SEO friendly URL I wanted into the Article URL field—mantra.pc-handyman.net/about_namadeva.html.

My programmer discovered the page was created and has this URL:

http://mantra.pc-handyman.net/article_info.php/about-namadeva-a-2

It also appears on the articles.php page, but not in the "Articles" sidebar on the left of the Home page. (We have removed the sidebar, as we don;t want to use it.)

My questions are: why wasn't the article assigned the SEO friendly URL? And why wasn't the photo uploaded?

I need to be able to add links to the pages I create with the Articles Manager to my nav menu, so I need to be able to identify the correct URLs for the links.

Thanks.

You're mistaken about InformationPages. It creates the pages. They are placed in the Information infobox but that can be altered. And aneditor will work with it. The code needs to be changed since it is not setup automatically but it is a minor change.

I don't know why you are having the problems you are having but I suspect it has to do with your url rewrtier. You should turn off your rewriter to see if the problems go away. Also, be sure you do not have the SEO Friendly option set in the shops settings. As for the images, be sure you created the required image directory (see the instructions for its name).

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is my first time visiting this forum. Can you please tell me where to find the "instructions" you mentioned, where I can find the name of the images folder that should have been created.

Thanks.

The SEO Friendly option is turned off in the store settings. And I disabled Seo Urls 5 -- and created a new article. Articles Manager still didn't create the SEO friendly URL I assigned the new article../about_satyabhama.html.

The /httpdocs/images/article_manager_uploads/ folder was created at the time Article Manager was installed. It has 755 permissions. For some reason, the images aren't being uploaded into the folder.

The SEO Friendly option is turned off in the store settings. And I disabled Seo Urls 5 -- and created a new article. Articles Manager still didn't create the SEO friendly URL I assigned the new article../about_satyabhama.html.

I'm not clear by what you mean when you say "SEO friendly URL." This contribution doesn't create any url's. That is up to whatever rewriter you are using - SEO 5 in your case. As I recall, additions were made to that contributions .htaccess file to make the urls work, though it had to be in rewrite mode. I could be wrong about that though so you should ask in its support thread. But before you do that, I suggest getting this contrbution to work with SEO 5 turned off. Otherwise you can't be for sure where the problem lies.

Also, and I should have asked this first, what version of Article Manager do you have installed? If it is version 1_57..., then Header Tags SEO is required for it to work properly. If it not that version, then I can't help you since the other versions have a lot of coding problems.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm happy to report that, with the help of my host admin, we got the photo upload feature working. The problem was that PHP was running as an Apache module on the host, so it wouldn't allow writing to 755 files and folders. Once we switched it to run PHP as a FastCGI module, the uploads worked.

The article URL creation still isn't working. Now, you say Article Manager doesn't create any URLs ... Well, I'm pretty confused, then ... at the bottom of the create new article page, below the box in which you put the content of the article, is a field labeled "Article URL". What is the point of having that field if it isn't to create an SEO friendly (and user-friendly) URL for the article? And what's that link at the bottom of every article that invites the reader to click the article's address for more information. (And, by the way, how do I get rid of that line ... I'd prefer not to have it.)

The version of Article Manager we have is 1.57_7.

Thanks!

The article URL creation still isn't working. Now, you say Article Manager doesn't create any URLs ... Well, I'm pretty confused, then ... at the bottom of the create new article page, below the box in which you put the content of the article, is a field labeled "Article URL". What is the point of having that field if it isn't to create an SEO friendly (and user-friendly) URL for the article? And what's that link at the bottom of every article that invites the reader to click the article's address for more information. (And, by the way, how do I get rid of that line ... I'd prefer not to have it.)

The url is for a link to an extrernal site just like in the products edit page. So if you wrote an article all about "John's Produce," you might want to include a link to johnsproduce.com. If you don't enter anything for the url, it won't show on the shop side.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons