• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Yes, as long as it is the V 1_57 version.

But V2.3.1 code entirely changed right? we have to add the code manually?

Add the following before the last ?> in includes/column_left.php or

column_right.php (depending on what side you want the boxes):

// Article Manager

if (AUTHOR_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'authors.php');

}

if (ARTICLE_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articles.php');

}

where i have to provide this code? becuase v2.3.1 dont have a column_left.php or

column_right.php files

But V2.3.1 code entirely changed right? we have to add the code manually?

Add the following before the last ?> in includes/column_left.php or

column_right.php (depending on what side you want the boxes):

where i have to provide this code? becuase v2.3.1 dont have a column_left.php or

column_right.php files

This has been covered in this thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So as it stands now, NO this does not work with 2.3 as it is currently packaged and will require searching this forum to find a fix...

The fix?

Ignore the instruction to add it to column left or right and just turn the module on from within Modules - Boxes. Then it will add it to left or right dependent on your instruction and sorting of the box.

But...

If you have down for maintenance mod installed, the notice The site is down for maintenance will wrap and cause a distorted view of the webpage, still trying to fix that. It only happens when Articles is enabled, admin ip inputted into down for mtce and admin viewing screen.

Edited by carryG

we are getting following error the problem is in our function folder dont have clean html comments function.

where can i get this function?. This not inclued in article v1 manager addons

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\article_listing.php on line 66

we are getting following error the problem is in our function folder dont have clean html comments function.

where can i get this function?. This not inclued in article v1 manager addons

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\article_listing.php on line 66

If you installed a version other than 1_57, it is included in the contribuiton. If you are have 1_57, you have to install Header Tags SEO, which contains it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Some of the articles or the new articles i add on my site are getting out of the center box. Can anyone help.

Below is the link of one of the articles having problem.

You are using a template so you have to nodify the code to work with it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

How can i do that? Can you please guide me?

No, it is not something that can generaly be handled in these forums since the code varies with the template. You can try posting in the general forum and may find someone willing to talk you through it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

This has been covered in this thread.

Have article manager updated to 1.57.6 (2.2) installed but right column keeps ending under left column on article_info.php

Does anybody have solution?

thanks in advance

Geert

• 2 weeks later...

I have problem after editing article:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/_FFAdm/includes/classes/upload.php on line 179

Page: http://xxxxx.xxx/_FFAdm/articles.php?tPath=11&aID=48&action=article_preview

Installed contribution - article manager 1.57.6 (2.2) and Header Tags SEO

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

I have problem after editing article:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/_FFAdm/includes/classes/upload.php on line 179

Page: http://xxxxx.xxx/_FFAdm/articles.php?tPath=11&aID=48&action=article_preview

Installed contribution - article manager 1.57.6 (2.2) and Header Tags SEO

Since you mention editing, does that mean you can add an article with an image without any problems? Can you upload an image for a product when editing? For an author when editing?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Other error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function set_extensions() in /home/farmgdru/public_html/_FFAdm/articles.php on line 882

LINE 882: if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['read']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['read'] == 'only')) {

$languages = tep_get_languages();
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
[b]LINE 882:[/b]      if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['read']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['read'] == 'only')) {
       $aInfo->articles_name = tep_get_articles_name($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
       $aInfo->articles_description = tep_get_articles_description($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
       $aInfo->articles_image = tep_get_articles_image($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
       $aInfo->articles_url = tep_get_articles_url($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
       $aInfo->articles_head_desc_tag = tep_get_articles_head_desc_tag($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
     } else {
       $aInfo->articles_name = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_name[$languages[$i]['id']]);
       $aInfo->articles_description = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_description[$languages[$i]['id']]);
       $aInfo->articles_image = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_image[$languages[$i]['id']]);
       $aInfo->articles_url = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);
       $aInfo->articles_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);
     }
?>

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Sorry Jack...

All that has written in previous message - wrong.

Full history:

I use Your contribution many Years. Thise very good contribution. Thank You, Jack!

On last time, I update oscommerce to last 2.2 version and last Your contribution + small updates and important message for faaliyet

My Articles and images uploaded much time earlier.

I can not add the new Articles.

After update I have this error:

Error #1 - Fatal error: Call to undefined function set_extensions() in /home/farmgdru/public_html/_FFAdm/articles.php on line 882

My File admin/articles.php here: File

What error can be in this file?

Best regards,

Fredi

Other error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function set_extensions() in /home/farmgdru/public_html/_FFAdm/articles.php on line 882

LINE 882: if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['read']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['read'] == 'only')) {

$languages = tep_get_languages();
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
[b]LINE 882:[/b]      if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['read']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['read'] == 'only')) {
       $aInfo->articles_name = tep_get_articles_name($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
       $aInfo->articles_description = tep_get_articles_description($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
       $aInfo->articles_image = tep_get_articles_image($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
       $aInfo->articles_url = tep_get_articles_url($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
       $aInfo->articles_head_desc_tag = tep_get_articles_head_desc_tag($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
     } else {
       $aInfo->articles_name = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_name[$languages[$i]['id']]);
       $aInfo->articles_description = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_description[$languages[$i]['id']]);
       $aInfo->articles_image = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_image[$languages[$i]['id']]);
       $aInfo->articles_url = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);
       $aInfo->articles_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($articles_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);
     }
?>

The set_extensions isn't part of Article Manager so that is a different problem. But the code you display is also not part of the last version of Article Manager so it seems you've made a mistake in the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

just installed this addon, to take a look, but i am having a problem with it.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in modules\article_listing.php on line 66

using Articles Manager V 1.57_6

Header Tags SEO V 3.2.5

osc 2.3.1

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem that Geert described above in his post of 28 April.

"Have article manager updated to 1.57.6 (2.2) installed but right column keeps ending under left column on article_info.php

Does anybody have solution?"

Once you activate the articles module and leave the default sort order at 0, the articles box appears right at the top of the left hand column and the right hand column is still fine. The moment you change the sort order of the article box, the right hand column ends beneath the left hand column. This happens in IE, but works fine in Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Hi Jack_mcs,

I installed this contrib Articles Manager V 1.57_6 under oscommerce V 2.3.1

I got this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/marsys01/public_html/mywebpage/myadmin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 52

Server info

Can you help me? What could be the problem?

Edited by Marsy

Hi Jack_mcs,

The previous contributions to these omitted. Sorry. :(

Header Tags SEO V 3.2.5 is installed

Php 5.2.16 (zend 2.2.1)

MySQL 5.0.92-community

Linux: Apache/2.2.17 Unix (mod_ssl/2.2.17

just installed this addon, to take a look, but i am having a problem with it.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in modules\article_listing.php on line 66

using Articles Manager V 1.57_6

Header Tags SEO V 3.2.5

osc 2.3.1

The clean_html_comments function is part of Header Tags SEO. If you upgraded either Article Manager or Header Tags SEO from older versions, it might be that that part of code wasn't changed since it is handled differently than in older versions. But if these are new installations, then it appears you've made a mistake in the Header Tags installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack_mcs,

I installed this contrib Articles Manager V 1.57_6 under oscommerce V 2.3.1

I got this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/marsys01/public_html/mywebpage/myadmin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 52

Server info

There was a problem in earlier versions that caused this but, as far as I know, it has been fixed. As I recall, it had to do with the topics. You may want to read back through the thread to see what others posted about it. Maybe there is a fix there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There was a problem in earlier versions that caused this but, as far as I know, it has been fixed. As I recall, it had to do with the topics. You may want to read back through the thread to see what others posted about it. Maybe there is a fix there.

Hi Everybody!

eXcaliburN was right for the #1844's contribution. :)

"Looking at the whole function, the error looks like it might be because it doesnt have any topics to read from the database?"

The solution:

Table_topics and table_topics_description in the database create a new topic and then it will work.

I work this way. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I have installed osc v2.3.1 and Articles Manager V 1.57_6 with HeaderTags SEO V3.2.5. How can i put new aticles with pictures and with summary to the index.php

thanks for your help.

Displaying them on the index page isn't an option currently. It will be in later releases though since others have asked for it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons