• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Thank you Barbara for your up-date but it does not work here. I have added an article for test but only the first language version is filled in the table articles_description.

By the way I have found 2 other issues :

1 - when I want to edit in the admin an existing article only the Author, Article Name and Meta Description can be seen, nothing regarding the article content. (I am using CK Editor)

2- When one of my customer send an article I can have all information in the MySQL tables except the articles_image name. And cannot find either the file into article_manager_uploads directory.

You are right. It works only for the first 5 or so and then no longer updates the database. So the problem still exists for multilanguage support! Why it works for a few is a real mystery to me. I will keep looking for a solution as for the moment it is useless for multilanguage shops.

Barbara

You are right. It works only for the first 5 or so and then no longer updates the database. So the problem still exists for multilanguage support! Why it works for a few is a real mystery to me. I will keep looking for a solution as for the moment it is useless for multilanguage shops.

Barbara

OK the solution : Start over. (1) In mysql delete your Article manager configuration then configuration group entries (2)Be sure that you have Header Tags SEO 3.2.4 (the latest) installed - if not install it ,(3)Then install the latest Article Manager by Jack (1.57.5a) using the full sql file, (4) Before touching your new Article manager go to Header Tags and as Jack said fill in the articles.php and authors.php pages -essential!, (5) Then go to Articles Manager and fill in at least one author, (6)Now go to create a Topic, (7) Once the topic created create your articles for that topic... it works in both languages! In my opinion there was a problem with a corrupt installation, at least in mine so give it a try.

Barbara

Hello,

i installed on the site www.deviantsilver.com (left column below) the article manager version 1.0 and let me know where i can set the number of articles to display in the left column. I would see only 5 new items in the left column. The articles are sorted by date, but now you see all... i would like to display only 5 articles!

Is not admin configuration "Maximum Display Box Articles". What should I change to display only 5 articles in the left column?

Thanks for the info and sorry for my bad english! :)

You need to use the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution, assuming you are not.

Hi jack, thanks for your response, however i do use the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution.

I am sure i am overlooking something very simple, since the main TinyMCE functionality seems to work, where would i need to start looking ?

Hello,

i installed on the site www.deviantsilver.com (left column below) the article manager version 1.0 and let me know where i can set the number of articles to display in the left column. I would see only 5 new items in the left column. The articles are sorted by date, but now you see all... i would like to display only 5 articles!

Is not admin configuration "Maximum Display Box Articles". What should I change to display only 5 articles in the left column?

Thanks for the info and sorry for my bad english! :)

In includes/functions/articles.php, find this line

$articles_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from   " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t on a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on a.articles_id = ad.articles_id  where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now()))  and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by ad.articles_name, a.articles_date_added desc");

and change it to

$articles_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from   " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t on a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on a.articles_id = ad.articles_id  where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now()))  and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by ad.articles_name, a.articles_date_added desc limit XX");

Change the XX to whatever number of articles you want to display.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi jack, thanks for your response, however i do use the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution.

I am sure i am overlooking something very simple, since the main TinyMCE functionality seems to work, where would i need to start looking ?

Assuming you have the setting in admin to use the TinyMCE editor, if it still doesn't work it would have to be something with the editor. I'm using TinyMCE 3_3_2 here so if you are not using that version, or later, you may want to try upgrading to it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In includes/functions/articles.php, find this line

$articles_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from   " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t on a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on a.articles_id = ad.articles_id  where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now()))  and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by ad.articles_name, a.articles_date_added desc");

and change it to

$articles_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from   " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t on a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on a.articles_id = ad.articles_id  where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now()))  and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by ad.articles_name, a.articles_date_added desc limit XX");

Change the XX to whatever number of articles you want to display.

Hi Jack_mcs,

many thanks!! it's perfect!! I made the change and it works perfectly! :)

greetings

Nadia

Hi

I installed article manager latest version by jack. I have got 3 problems. Please go to my site to check it out

http://www.shootingduck.com/catalog/mundo-unico-design-theory-a-1.html

Problems:

1. At shop front, I cannt find anywhere (or button to click) that to input reviews to an article. I do have a Search button below the line saying Current Reviews: 0

2. I have tried to include an image in the article at ADMIN side. I tried 'full path' for the image or '/images/xxxx.jpg', none of them works. It makes me to think is there a button missing called UPLOAD? is that inputting field supposed to be openning up a file browser to navigate through to locating image file on Local Machine?

3. Since the Article Manager installed, it breaks my SSL on admin side on certain tabs. As for shop front, I been having broken SSL problem but everytime refreshes my browser, it solves problem. The same technic doesn't work on Admin side tho.

Am i missing something during installation?

Thanks

Edited by dontlike2pay

1. At shop front, I cannt find anywhere (or button to click) that to input reviews to an article. I do have a Search button below the line saying Current Reviews: 0

2. I have tried to include an image in the article at ADMIN side. I tried 'full path' for the image or '/images/xxxx.jpg', none of them works. It makes me to think is there a button missing called UPLOAD? is that inputting field supposed to be openning up a file browser to navigate through to locating image file on Local Machine?

3. Since the Article Manager installed, it breaks my SSL on admin side on certain tabs. As for shop front, I been having broken SSL problem but everytime refreshes my browser, it solves problem. The same technic doesn't work on Admin side tho.

1 - In the articles box - submit an article.

2 - That is an unfinished option (ran out of time) so you have to input the full path. You can also post the article and submit an image from the shop side, which has the browse button.

3 - There's nothing unique about the code regarding ssl so the problem has to be in the shop, it seems to me.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1 - In the articles box - submit an article.

I have just tried to click on the SEARCH button below the line saying Current Reviews: 0

article1.jpg

The next page suprised me !!! Writting Review Page.

article2.jpg

Has that button linked wrong button_image? where can i locate the file to make the correction?

Thanks

Edited by dontlike2pay

2 - That is an unfinished option (ran out of time) so you have to input the full path. You can also post the article and submit an image from the shop side, which has the browse button.

If i use shop side to submit an article and image, can i use the image already on the server and I know the correct location? If I can use the image on the server, is the full path i inputting including the server full path + file location in the shop?

Thanks

If i use shop side to submit an article and image, can i use the image already on the server and I know the correct location? If I can use the image on the server, is the full path i inputting including the server full path + file location in the shop?

No, the browse button loads from your computer.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just tried to click on the SEARCH button below the line saying Current Reviews: 0

article1.jpg

article2.jpg

Has that button linked wrong button_image? where can i locate the file to make the correction?

Thanks

article1.jpg

I don't know what pageyou are referring to but if you look in the url, you will see the file name.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed Header Tag SEO v3.2.4 and Article Manager v 1.57_5a in osCommerce 2rc2a/

When I go to the home page, Internal Server Error 500 is displayed. After going through the forum, I test the page with Header Tags SEO and it give the following report along with some other things..

Missing Pseudo Code Error: explain

The file article-topics.php should have pseudo code entries but does not.

The file article_info.php should have pseudo code entries but does not

Then I disable the Article Box in Article Manager Configuration...Then the home page is displayed correctly.

Can u please point out what can I do to make things work correctly?

Secondly, when I go to admin section and click on Article Manager, nothing is displayed (See the pic below). I could not find where to add new topic/articles etc.

no-display.jpg

Please help me with the above problems. I am intermediate in PHP programming.

May be somewhere in the forum, the solution to these problem may be present, please direct me to those pages if possible.

Thanks in advance...

I have installed Header Tag SEO v3.2.4 and Article Manager v 1.57_5a in osCommerce 2rc2a/

When I go to the home page, Internal Server Error 500 is displayed. After going through the forum, I test the page with Header Tags SEO and it give the following report along with some other things..

Missing Pseudo Code Error: explain

The file article-topics.php should have pseudo code entries but does not.

The file article_info.php should have pseudo code entries but does not

Then I disable the Article Box in Article Manager Configuration...Then the home page is displayed correctly.

Can u please point out what can I do to make things work correctly?

Secondly, when I go to admin section and click on Article Manager, nothing is displayed (See the pic below). I could not find where to add new topic/articles etc.

The Header Tags errors are just letting you know the articles won't have their own title and tags. That should be changed at some point but won't cause any type of failure. So it looks like your problems are all related to Article Manager. Before displaying anything on the shop side, you have to get it setup in admin. First, be sure to apply the recent fix I posted here. If it still fails, go back over the installation instructions for the admin partof Article Manager. Also, take a look at the error_log file in your admin directory, if there is one, to see if you are getting an error related to it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack,

According to your instructions, I followed the Admin part installation again (although this is the 3rd time doing that) according to readme.txt file contained in the package. I also downloaded the updated articles.php file from the contribution and paste it in the root directory, but still NO LUCK!!!

Can you please send me the exact link to your fix.

One thing more, when I click on Cross-Sell Articles, an error or message appears something like in the picture below.

cs-error.png

May be this is the cause of all my problem.

Default Language for my cart is English.

According to your instructions, I followed the Admin part installation again (although this is the 3rd time doing that) according to readme.txt file contained in the package. I also downloaded the updated articles.php file from the contribution and paste it in the root directory, but still NO LUCK!!!

Can you please send me the exact link to your fix.

One thing more, when I click on Cross-Sell Articles, an error or message appears something like in the picture below.

cs-error.png

If you used the included files and still get such an error, then you've made some mistake somewhere. I suggest creating a blank shop and installing the contributions into it. That should work since you can just copy files to do the installation. And once you have a working shop, you can compare to yours to see what is wrong.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok, the problem in admin/articles_xsell.php is solved by changing <? to <?php at about line 141.

But still nothing is displayed when I click on Article Manager in the Admin Section. I tried to insert an article in the database(by changing the querystring in URL) against an author, but that is also not displayed in the front end when I click on author's name.

One thing more,when I include articles box in either left or right column, Internal Server error 500.0 appears. When I do not include articles box, the index page works fine. What may be the cause of this problem?

Anyone having these kind of issue and get solved, please do help me...I love to see this module working in my cart. :blush:

Ok, the problem in admin/articles_xsell.php is solved by changing <? to <?php at about line 141.

One thing more,when I include articles box in either left or right column, Internal Server error 500.0 appears. When I do not include articles box, the index page works fine. What may be the cause of this problem?

Thanks for posting the fix. The original author coded in a very sloppy way. I thought I had found and replaced all of those shortcuts but obviously not.

For the errors, read back through the last four pages or so. Many fixes are listed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Atlast got the answer to my problem in the last page post #1742.

The topics_id = 0 is the cause of this kind of blank screen in my case. Now everything is working fine in my cart.

Thank you Jack for your help and this great contribution.

Hi,

I have problem with remove products from cross-sell,

I get error message:

Cross-Sell Articles to Products

1064 - Something is wrong in your syntax near ')' in line 1

DELETE FROM articles_xsell WHERE articles_id = '1' and )

Any suggestion?

thanks

I have problem with remove products from cross-sell,

I get error message:

Cross-Sell Articles to Products

1064 - Something is wrong in your syntax near ')' in line 1

DELETE FROM articles_xsell WHERE articles_id = '1' and )

What version are you using? When does the error occur?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

What version are you using? When does the error occur?

Article Manager v1.57_5

In Admin I added product to article, now i'd like to remove this,

also I klick add/remove (in Cross-Sell Articles to Products), then Select a Category, I unmark Product > OK and I get error above.

I hope You understand despite my english.

Article Manager v1.57_5

In Admin I added product to article, now i'd like to remove this,

also I klick add/remove (in Cross-Sell Articles to Products), then Select a Category, I unmark Product > OK and I get error above.

I hope You understand despite my english.

Try using google to search the forums for that failure (recommended before any post). You should find the fix for it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons