• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

The array that is sent to the infobox code can contain any data and/or formatting, as long as it is valid. The infobox code then takes that and inserts it into a table and displays it. Thee's nothiing special about the infobox call. It is just a way to draw a table over and over without having to write the code each time. But the tables are fixed. If you want to change those, you either need to add a new class to the includes/classes/boxes.php file, insert code into the array, as explained previosuly, or just remove the infobox call and build your own table using the data in the content array.

Hi Jack,

Wow, that infobox code (includes/classes/boxes.php) is not for the fainthearted-

I should know, I just came to!

Anyway, it took awhile but by combining the various classes into one mega 'hybrid' class,

it now works - thanks very much for the direction.

jk

Edited by jfkafka

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I posted my admin/articles.php with the modifications to make the multiple languages update in the admin area.

See it at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1709 .

Jack, excuse me for posting it in your add-on as I know you do not appreciate playing around with your contributions (that we all love!) but as so many have this problem I hope this fix is OK for you.

thanks again for this awesome contribution.

Barbara

Thank you Barbara for your up-date but it does not work here. I have added an article for test but only the first language version is filled in the table articles_description.

By the way I have found 2 other issues :

1 - when I want to edit in the admin an existing article only the Author, Article Name and Meta Description can be seen, nothing regarding the article content. (I am using CK Editor)

2- When one of my customer send an article I can have all information in the MySQL tables except the articles_image name. And cannot find either the file into article_manager_uploads directory.

Edited by kakays

I am still have trouble with this install. Does anyone have this up and running, if so may I see it and could i please get some help. I have had no problems with most of the installs of additional modifications but this one has given me lots of trouble.

Thank you for your help in the future.

P.S. Too many problems to list so if someone responds then i will submit my error messages.

Tony.

It depends on what version you are using. Try posting one problem, along with the version you are using, and see what happens.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack<

A few question on this, Im using sts 4.6 with it turned off. Once installed the script stops at the article box in the right column, not continuing to the footer.

Second, in the admin I get this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17515 bytes) in /home/public_html/includes/functions/articles.php on line 53

Side note I am also use FWR header tags and urls, php 5.2 patches

Thanks for your help

Hi Jack<

A few question on this, Im using sts 4.6 with it turned off. Once installed the script stops at the article box in the right column, not continuing to the footer.

Second, in the admin I get this error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17515 bytes) in /home/public_html/includes/functions/articles.php on line 53

Side note I am also use FWR header tags and urls, php 5.2 patches

Thanks for your help

I only support versions 1_57 of this contribution and it requires Header Tags SEO. If you are using one of the 1_57 versions, then I doubt it will work with those contributions. So you're on your own I'm afraid.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I only support versions 1_57 of this contribution and it requires Header Tags SEO. If you are using one of the 1_57 versions, then I doubt it will work with those contributions. So you're on your own I'm afraid.

Yes it is the newest version. For general purposes on this addon would it work better with STS or BTS or neither?

Thanks

Yes it is the newest version. For general purposes on this addon would it work better with STS or BTS or neither?

Once installed, it wouldn't make a differnece. But the installation would be different, at least for BTS. I don't recall ever trying it in an STS shop, though I'm sure someone must have at this point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hy All!

I installed the latest article manager on my store but I don't saw it works only with Header Tags Contrib...

I did some modification and I don't want to reinstal or downgrade my store and I use another Headar tags controller...

Which function must I disable to use the contrib without Header Tags Contrib???

Please Help!

Hy All!

I installed the latest article manager on my store but I don't saw it works only with Header Tags Contrib...

I did some modification and I don't want to reinstal or downgrade my store and I use another Headar tags controller...

Which function must I disable to use the contrib without Header Tags Contrib???

Please Help!

You'll need to install one of the non 1_57 versions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you but I did so many modification with my store, I can't uninstall this version...

Any idea?

If you don't want to install Header Tags SEO, which I can't imagine why not since Header Tags Controller is not helping you much at this point, and you can't uninstall the version you installed, then you're out of luck. You'll need to either pay someone to fix the code for you or start over. Next time, be sure to remember the first rule of any change - do a backup.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you don't want to install Header Tags SEO, which I can't imagine why not since Header Tags Controller is not helping you much at this point, and you can't uninstall the version you installed, then you're out of luck. You'll need to either pay someone to fix the code for you or start over. Next time, be sure to remember the first rule of any change - do a backup.

It's a fantastic suggestion. Thx.

I thought this contrib have some function what cooperate with the Header Tag SEO and an advanced user can tell me were are this codes exactly, and I put an symple if statement (If HEADER_TAGS_INSTALLED==True Then...) before this functions...

I touhgt is easier than I downgrade or uninstall or anything else...

I don't understand why develop this contrib on two lines (with or without Headar Tags)...

Sorry for the question...

Edited by oscReg

It's a fantastic suggestion. Thx.

I thought this contrib have some function what cooperate with the Header Tag SEO and an advanced user can tell me were are this codes exactly, and I put an symple if statement (If HEADER_TAGS_INSTALLED==True Then...) before this functions...

I touhgt is easier than I downgrade or uninstall or anything else...

I don't understand why develop this contrib on two lines (with or without Headar Tags)...

Sorry for the question...

No, puting code in like that won't work since parts of the original contribution were removed or changed in the 1_57 version. Doing what you suggest might work for the most part but will probably fail on you at some point.

As for the reason, Article Manager has always used the Header Tags Controller code. But that contribution is no longer supported and it is not a good idea to use it since it is missing some important options needed for modern SEO. Article Manager isn't my contribution and no one was supporting it. So I decided to change it so it is compatible with Header Tags SEO. The other version is there for people like you that don't want to upgrade for some reason. But my time is limited and I don't want to support a dead version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, puting code in like that won't work since parts of the original contribution were removed or changed in the 1_57 version. Doing what you suggest might work for the most part but will probably fail on you at some point.

As for the reason, Article Manager has always used the Header Tags Controller code. But that contribution is no longer supported and it is not a good idea to use it since it is missing some important options needed for modern SEO. Article Manager isn't my contribution and no one was supporting it. So I decided to change it so it is compatible with Header Tags SEO. The other version is there for people like you that don't want to upgrade for some reason. But my time is limited and I don't want to support a dead version.

It's a correct answer! Thank you for your help. If I will have time I install your contrib too and after it maybe works. Can I install the Header Tags after I installed the arcticle manager?

It's a correct answer! Thank you for your help. If I will have time I install your contrib too and after it maybe works. Can I install the Header Tags after I installed the arcticle manager?

No, as stated, it is required.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So...Jack_mcs has said several times that he does not know the cause of this error, which is fair enough. Has anyone else figured it out? I'm experiencing it also, of course. FWIW, I'm using Header Tags SEO v.3.2.3, and Article Manager 1.57 (5_1a) on top of STS 4.6, in OSC v2.2 RC2a, with PHP 5.2.13.

If I find a solution, I will post it here. Thanks, all.

Better late than never. :)

I finally ran into a site that had this problem after a new installation. The cause is that the mysql file sets the topic id of the first topic to 0, which causes the code to endlessly loop for some versions of mysql. The fix is to change the id from 0 to 1 in the topics and topics description tables, or just delete them. If you have other entries, then change the 0 to some number not yet used but then add a new topic to be sure the auto increment field is set correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello i have this problem in the article manager

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in E:\_Webzone\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\comalors\admin\article_reviews.php on line 149

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in E:\_Webzone\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\comalors\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in E:\_Webzone\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\comalors\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

somebody can help me i think is a probleme with mysql5 and array_merge in article_reviews.php or the function object_info.php in the admin edit comments

article_reviews.php

$rInfo_array = array_merge($reviews, $articles, $articles_name);

$rInfo = new objectInfo($rInfo_array);

object_info.php

<?php

class objectInfo {

// class constructor

function objectInfo($object_array) {

reset($object_array);

while (list($key, $value) = each($object_array)) {

$this->$key = tep_db_prepare_input($value);

}

}

}

?>

please some help thanks

Hi there i just fixed this issue..

open up catalog/admin/article_reviews.php

find this line (around 150)

change to this

$rInfo_array = array_merge((array)$reviews, (array)$articles, (array)$articles_name);

!important! there are other instances of this line at about 150 so be careful make sure you get the right one.

it should match the same line as the error code you are receiving.

no need to edit the object_info.php

hope this helps - dave

line 103 of the first error reads: $rInfo_array = array_merge($reviews, $articles, $articles_name);

Hi there i just fixed this issue..

open up catalog/admin/article_reviews.php

find this line (around 150)

change to this

$rInfo_array = array_merge((array)$reviews, (array)$articles, (array)$articles_name);

!important! there are other instances of this line at about 150 so be careful make sure you get the right one.

it should match the same line as the error code you are receiving.

no need to edit the object_info.php

hope this helps - dave

I love article manager but there is one thing that would be nice. In the module (i have mine on the left) the article names are all just bunched up, is there anyway to divide them with a line or something? you can see the module here http://www.impulsecreations.net/catalog/index.php.

If you are using the 1_57 version, then find this line in includes/boxes/articles.php

$articlesArray['all_articles']['string'] .= ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id='.$all['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $boldTags['start'] . $all['text'] . $boldTags['stop'] . '</a><br>';

and change it to

$articlesArray['all_articles']['string'] .= ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id='.$all['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $boldTags['start'] . $all['text'] . $boldTags['stop'] . '</a><hr>';

You canuse css to style the line to make it appear as you like.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are using the 1_57 version, then find this line in includes/boxes/articles.php

$articlesArray['all_articles']['string'] .= ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id='.$all['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $boldTags['start'] . $all['text'] . $boldTags['stop'] . '</a><br>';

and change it to

$articlesArray['all_articles']['string'] .= ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id='.$all['id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $boldTags['start'] . $all['text'] . $boldTags['stop'] . '</a><hr>';

You canuse css to style the line to make it appear as you like.

I tried what you suggested but everything still looks the same, no lines or anything. I am using the latest version

Edited by Impulse Creations

Hi there, I just finished installing this great contribution (V 1.57_5). It all seems to work well, but for some reason i can't get TinyMCE to work properly with this Contribution. The TinyMCE installation works OK, because if i use it to send an email it works fine. The problem is the TinyMCE enabled text fields, for some reason the entered text isn't saved to the DB. If i switch of the the (HTML) TinyMCE editor, the text is saved. When i enable the debug flag for TinyMCE, it will show me the following errors when i go to the article manager (Topics the same problem), which is obviously causing my problem;

• Error: Could not find element by id or name: topics_description[1]

• Error: Could not find element by id or name: articles_description[1]

These are the the text areas defined in the admin/articles.php, and not recognized (found ?) by TinyMCE, has anybody a idea what can cause this ?

I haven't touched the admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php which is using the below initialization parameters;

mode : "exact",
 elements: "<?php echo $mce_str ?>", 

Hi there, I just finished installing this great contribution (V 1.57_5). It all seems to work well, but for some reason i can't get TinyMCE to work properly with this Contribution. The TinyMCE installation works OK, because if i use it to send an email it works fine. The problem is the TinyMCE enabled text fields, for some reason the entered text isn't saved to the DB. If i switch of the the (HTML) TinyMCE editor, the text is saved. When i enable the debug flag for TinyMCE, it will show me the following errors when i go to the article manager (Topics the same problem), which is obviously causing my problem;

• Error: Could not find element by id or name: topics_description[1]

• Error: Could not find element by id or name: articles_description[1]

These are the the text areas defined in the admin/articles.php, and not recognized (found ?) by TinyMCE, has anybody a idea what can cause this ?

I haven't touched the admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce/general.php which is using the below initialization parameters;

You need to use the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution, assuming you are not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons