• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

i have installed xampp with php 5.3.1 and i have this errors

in admin/articles.php :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\osc\catalog1\admin\includes\functions\articles.php on line 52

if ($exclude != $topics['topics_id']) $topic_tree_array[] = array('id' => $topics['topics_id'], 'text' => $spacing . $topics['topics_name']);

in catalog\index.php on articles box:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\osc\catalog1\includes\functions\articles.php on line 80

$articles = tep_db_fetch_array($articles_query);

I don't have any suggestions other than the ones that have been mentioned here several times for this problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, I just want to know if Article Manager support danamic page title(like other products pages).

I have installed STS, Header Targes SEO(latest version), Ultimate_SEO_URLS and Article Manager(latest version).

Also I enabled the pseduo page in page control(for example, I added article_info.php?articles_id=2.) But I can't get the correct page title, the page title is still the default: "Article Info - Default Title"

The only difference between enabled pseduo page and before is that if I don't enable pseduo page, the breadcrumb not shows the article title.

Since this is very import because all articles now the same page title. I wondered what the problems probably be?

Thanks very much.

Hello, I just want to know if Article Manager support danamic page title(like other products pages).

I have installed STS, Header Targes SEO(latest version), Ultimate_SEO_URLS and Article Manager(latest version).

Yes, you can have dynamic titles with my version of Article Manager and Header Tags SEO installed. Although, I don't recall every testing them with STS. But, I think, as long as STS is installed correctly, in regards to Header Tags SEO, they should work. You can try turning STS off to see if the basic code works. If the titles switch, then it is a STS related problem (how Header Tags SEO is setup for it, not STS itself) and you should verify you made all of the necessary changes for STS with regards to Header Tags SEO.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

This is a great contrib.

Would like use the TinyMCE HTML editor. Could use some help as to which admin ???.php file needs the script added and where within the page it should be added. Have downloaded TinyMCE and loaded jscript onto site folder.

This is a great contrib.

Would like use the TinyMCE HTML editor. Could use some help as to which admin ???.php file needs the script added and where within the page it should be added. Have downloaded TinyMCE and loaded jscript onto site folder.

It is already set up to use TinyMCE. You just have to enable it in the settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have enabled TinyMCE, but still have the generic box that appears when a html editor is not selected.

Are there any other steps that I need to take in order correct the problem. I noted that only 2 html editors are listed for the "Article enable......" code in articles.php and wonder if not having TinyMCE listed may have something to do with it.

<?php if (ARTICLE_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'FCKEditor') { ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('articles_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','700','300',(isset($articles_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $articles_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_articles_description($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

<?php } else if (ARTICLE_ENABLE_HTML_EDITOR == 'CKEditor') { ?>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('articles_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '10', (isset($articles_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $articles_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_articles_description($tInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id'])),'id = articles_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '] class="ckeditor"'); ?>

If you have a solution would appreciate. Having something similiar to this reply module setup would definitely make writing a lot easier and more interesting.

Thanks

Hi, I have installed Articles Manager_1.57_5_1 and Header Tags_SEO_V_3.2.3 and my site uses the STS Template system. The install appears to work fine up until the point where I insert the code:

/**** BEGIN ARTICLE MANAGER ****/
 if (AUTHOR_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'authors.php');
 }
 if (ARTICLE_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articles.php');
 }
 /**** END ARTICLE MANAGER ****/

When I insert this before the final ?> in the column_left.php file it renders the article and authors info in the central content section and throws the content of the left and right columns all over the shop. If I insert the same code in the column_right.php file it doesn't appear at all, and whilst it doesn't disrupt the position of other items on the page it messes up the Spanish language version of the site.

If anybody has any suggestions as to where the problem might lie so as to narrow down my search, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Have enabled TinyMCE, but still have the generic box that appears when a html editor is not selected.

You have to enable TinyMCE in the article manager settings. The editor has to be installed in admin/includes/Javascript and you need to use the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution to have the correct code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When I insert this before the final ?> in the column_left.php file it renders the article and authors info in the central content section and throws the content of the left and right columns all over the shop. If I insert the same code in the column_right.php file it doesn't appear at all, and whilst it doesn't disrupt the position of other items on the page it messes up the Spanish language version of the site.

You have to install it within the STS block of code in the column file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to install it within the STS block of code in the column file.

I've tried it in just about every position. If I insert it before the closing } nothing appears if I insert it after the closing } it bends the site. I've tested the installation and it works fine with the standard oscommerce template so the issue must be with the STS installation.

Here is my column_left file:

<?php
/*
 $Id: column_left.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
 if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SILO_BOX == 'true')
   if (isset($category_depth) && $category_depth !== 'top')
     include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'headertags_seo_silo.php');
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

// START STS 4.1
if ($sts->display_template_output) {
 include DIR_WS_MODULES.'sts_inc/sts_column_left.php';
} else {

//END STS 4.1
 if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
   echo tep_cache_categories_box();
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');
 }

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
   echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();
 } else {
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');
 }

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'whats_new.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

// BOF: Featured Products
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'featured.php');
// EOF: Featured Products

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ 
 if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_COLUMN_BOX == 'true' && basename($PHP_SELF) == 

FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)
   include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php');
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ 

// Article Manager
 if (AUTHOR_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'authors.php');
 }
 if (ARTICLE_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articles.php');
 }

// START STS 4.1
}
// END STS 4.1

?>

and a link to my site HERE

I've tried it in just about every position. If I insert it before the closing } nothing appears if I insert it after the closing } it bends the site. I've tested the installation and it works fine with the standard oscommerce template so the issue must be with the STS installation.

You'll need to ask for support in the STS thread then.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Got Articles Manager loaded with TinyMCE Editor. Created a number of topics and was trying to start a new article. All the images I am using for articles, are loaded in images/articles/****. I have attempted to load an image into the main section of the articles, after author.., as well as in the article. Have used every format from the entire site address to just entering the image name, and am having no luck getting it loaded.

I'm a novice to oscommerce, so need a little help in how to enter information in the various modules. Is there a link or any place where I can get this information for "Articles Manager" or possibly just a sample as to what I need enter in the images box. I have looked through a lot of forum pages and found tons of information about installing, but very little about how to use the module.

Help!!!!

Got Articles Manager loaded with TinyMCE Editor. Created a number of topics and was trying to start a new article. All the images I am using for articles, are loaded in images/articles/****. I have attempted to load an image into the main section of the articles, after author.., as well as in the article. Have used every format from the entire site address to just entering the image name, and am having no luck getting it loaded.

I'm a novice to oscommerce, so need a little help in how to enter information in the various modules. Is there a link or any place where I can get this information for "Articles Manager" or possibly just a sample as to what I need enter in the images box. I have looked through a lot of forum pages and found tons of information about installing, but very little about how to use the module.

Help!!!!

You don't state what the problem is. But you should turn off TinyMCE and see if it works that way to determine where the problem is at.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I was planning on having a blog associated with my store, to write articles on products and related topics. I was thinking of using either Wordpress or Blogger but then came across this add on. I don't know much about session ID's but would Articles Manager be better from that point of view than an external blog? And would it use much up in the way of database space (I'm thinking long term - if the amount of articles increases would it be better to have an external blog?). Trying to way up the pro's and con's to make the right decision. Any guidance or feedback would be great :)

Hi, I was planning on having a blog associated with my store, to write articles on products and related topics. I was thinking of using either Wordpress or Blogger but then came across this add on. I don't know much about session ID's but would Articles Manager be better from that point of view than an external blog? And would it use much up in the way of database space (I'm thinking long term - if the amount of articles increases would it be better to have an external blog?). Trying to way up the pro's and con's to make the right decision. Any guidance or feedback would be great :)

Someone else mentioned using it as a blog and I think I saw somewhere in these forums where the code was shown on how to do that. Use google to search the forums for "aticle manager blog" and you should be able to find it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem that I am having, is that no image is linked to the articles page. The box after "Article Name" is "Image". I presume that the link to the image is entered in here and the image will be displayed on the page. I have entered everything from: http://sitename.com/catalog/images/articles/image.jpg - to just - image.jpg. None of these addresses add an image.

Have taken your advise and turned off TinyMCE, tried various changes, but the end result is still no image.

Doing something wrong, but don't know what.

The problem that I am having, is that no image is linked to the articles page. The box after "Article Name" is "Image". I presume that the link to the image is entered in here and the image will be displayed on the page. I have entered everything from: http://sitename.com/catalog/images/articles/image.jpg - to just - image.jpg. None of these addresses add an image.

Have taken your advise and turned off TinyMCE, tried various changes, but the end result is still no image.

Doing something wrong, but don't know what.

See my note about images in the last update message in this forum. That feature was just added and the admin section is not complete so you have to handle the image yourself or use the shop side to upload it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Someone else mentioned using it as a blog and I think I saw somewhere in these forums where the code was shown on how to do that. Use google to search the forums for "aticle manager blog" and you should be able to find it.

Thanks Jack. I did see that post but am not confident about making the changes, as it wasn't that specific about how it was done.

Is there a test page/site anywhere for the Articles Manager add on? I'd like to see how it looks.

Thanks Jack. I did see that post but am not confident about making the changes, as it wasn't that specific about how it was done.

Is there a test page/site anywhere for the Articles Manager add on? I'd like to see how it looks.

The post I was referring had a link to that persons site so you could see it in use there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The post I was referring had a link to that persons site so you could see it in use there.

Thanks Jack, I think I found the one you were referring to, I was looking at a different posting.

Hello, I tried searching through the forum and didn't find anything.

I'm having a problem with image positioning. when I go to an article page any image on the page that is positioned using absolute positioning is being skewed. I'm not using STS or anything. everything else appears to be fine. Here is the website.

Thanks

I'm having a problem with image positioning. when I go to an article page any image on the page that is positioned using absolute positioning is being skewed. I'm not using STS or anything. everything else appears to be fine.

I don't see any images in your articles but they are added with tables so the placement is fixed. If you are changing that with css, then you'll need to fix your code. Changes like that isn't something that can be supported in a thread like this.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't see any images in your articles but they are added with tables so the placement is fixed. If you are changing that with css, then you'll need to fix your code. Changes like that isn't something that can be supported in a thread like this.

Sorry. I wasn't very clear. I was referring to three images on the page. the credit cards logo and SSL Seal in the header and the "new" image in the what's new box. It seems like there is something about the article pages that is effecting the css for images that are positioned using :absolute; . It only happens when viewing articles. Those images go out of position and mess up the page width. I don't know what would do that. I'm fairly sure it isn't a problem with my CSS. If you could take another look I would appreciate it greatly. site. thanks

Matt

Sorry. I wasn't very clear. I was referring to three images on the page. the credit cards logo and SSL Seal in the header and the "new" image in the what's new box. It seems like there is something about the article pages that is effecting the css for images that are positioned using :absolute; . It only happens when viewing articles. Those images go out of position and mess up the page width. I don't know what would do that. I'm fairly sure it isn't a problem with my CSS. If you could take another look I would appreciate it greatly. site. thanks

Any contribution that has pages for the shop is setup to work with a stock shop. If a shop has been altered, one usually needs to edit those files so they match the others. So you should download a compare program, like WinMerge, and compare the files to see what is different in the layout to fix the problems.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have an problem with creating new topics/articles, when i enter the data for the topic/article it does not save this, i have looked into the db and see that it creates a new row but does not fill the fields(except primary key)

Where must i look ?

edit: well i found that i wont save the data in my languages, if i save the stuff in englisch it will be stored in the db.............so whats wrong?

Edited by MarkDijkstra