• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Thanks for the response. I just upgraded to Header Tags 3.2.2 and still have the same problem after previewing an article and hitting insert:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getbasefiles() in .../admin/includes/modules/articles_pseudo.php on line 25

The article actually posts in spite of the error, but no meta-tags appear.

That error is saying it can't find the Header Tags function named getbasefiles. So either you didn't replace your Header Tags files with the ones from the latest version, which is 3.2.3, by the way, or you made a mistake in the installation of this contribution. The function is located in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php so I suggest you start looking there.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That error is saying it can't find the Header Tags function named getbasefiles. So either you didn't replace your Header Tags files with the ones from the latest version, which is 3.2.3, by the way, or you made a mistake in the installation of this contribution. The function is located in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php so I suggest you start looking there.

Since I only had Header Tags SEO and STS installed so far, I went ahead an started over on everything. The erros is gone, but now when I run a Header Tags test, I get:

STS is running and the head code in the article_reviews_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the article_reviews_write.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the articles.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the articles_new.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the article-submit.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the article-topics.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the article_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the article_reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

I tried removing this from one of those pages:

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

That removed it from the test results, but no tags show up on the user end for the article. Thanks again for all your help...I think I getting very close!

Since I only had Header Tags SEO and STS installed so far, I went ahead an started over on everything. The erros is gone, but now when I run a Header Tags test, I get:

I tried removing this from one of those pages:

} else {

?>

<?php

}

You need to try it again but follow the install instructions correctly. Since you had that code in the files and you are using STS, it indicates you didn't do that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to try it again but follow the install instructions correctly. Since you had that code in the files and you are using STS, it indicates you didn't do that.

I've started from scratch three times now -- even installing HT SEO, STS, and Article Manager in different orders. When I run the HT SEO test, it still comes up with "STS is running and the head code in the article_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake" for all eight Article Manager files.

Given that, can't I assume that it's because of this code in the Article Manager files?

} else {

?>

<?php

}

The test is basically saying that header tag code should not be in those files -- is that correct or am I making a wrong assumption?

It also says this in the HT SEO test:

Q: Does the Header Tags code that goes in the head section have to be added to every page?

A: It should be in every page that you want to show up well in the search engine listings. However, if you are using BTS or STS, it should not be in any of them, as explained in the installation instructions.

It also says this in the HT SEO test:

Q: Does the Header Tags code that goes in the head section have to be added to every page?

A: It should be in every page that you want to show up well in the search engine listings. However, if you are using BTS or STS, it should not be in any of them, as explained in the installation instructions.

I got it working. The problem was that Header Tags SEO says to set the permission of includes/header_tags.php to 755. When I changed it to 777, everything started working. This is weird because it worked on all the other pages except the one's from the Article contribution. I REALLY appreciate all the help you've given me on this though! It's great contribution.

Hello,

Hope someone can assist me on this, I tried to installed the latest version 1.57.4 from contribution list, however, I have this message when viewing in Admin:

Authors

Authors Action

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select authors_id, authors_name, date_added, last_modified from authors order by authors_name limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Article Reviews

Articles Rating Date Added Approved Action

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select reviews_id, articles_id, date_added, last_modified, reviews_rating, approved from article_reviews order by date_added DESC limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

My hosting server us PHP 5.2.12, Apache/2.2.14, MySQL 5.0.91, Linux 2.6.18-128.4.1.el5

Appreciate if you can assist.

Thank you

Regards,

Peter

Authors Action

This isn't due to this contribution. To fix it, download a copy of the oscommerce package and look at the update-20060817.txt in the extras directory for this problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This isn't due to this contribution. To fix it, download a copy of the oscommerce package and look at the update-20060817.txt in the extras directory for this problem.

Thank you Jack, got it fixed.

Really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Peter

hi jack,

i migrated to V 1.57_4 and now in cloumn_left if i call to articles.php the site stop working

if (ARTICLE_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articles.php');

}

and the second problem: admin/articles.php are stoping after search section

Thanks

Edited by danut82

i migrated to V 1.57_4 and now in cloumn_left if i call to articles.php the site stop working

if (ARTICLE_BOX_DISPLAY == 'true'){

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articles.php');

}

and the second problem: admin/articles.php are stoping after search section

Seeing capital letters in an error means there is something missing. In this case, it is one of the database settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Seeing capital letters in an error means there is something missing. In this case, it is one of the database settings.

which databese, main or articles manager

on xampp of my computer the site are working well

Thanks

which databese, main or articles manager

on xampp of my computer the site are working well

Thanks

I assumed you were showing an error so I responded to that. Looking at it now, it seems you weren't but, in that case, that is the same as saying "it doesn't work" so I can't help with that. You will need to provide detail as to what the problem is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

if on xampp the site are working and on server not, may be different settings?

version of php is 5.2.9 on both places.

kiss error don't work because the site are blocking, when try to show articles box.

example here site1 site2

admin section here\

i can't find the error

Thanks

if on xampp the site are working and on server not, may be different settings?

version of php is 5.2.9 on both places.

kiss error don't work because the site are blocking, when try to show articles box.

example here site1 site2

admin section here\

i can't find the error

If it works in one place and not another and both setups are the same, it seems to me it would have to be an installation error.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If it works in one place and not another and both setups are the same, it seems to me it would have to be an installation error.

in admin section just admin/articles.php don't working

the site that are working is installed version from 29 Jan 2009 - and i don't uninstalled it first to install V 1.57_4

once again where may be the diference that are working on xampp (windows server)

i have reinstalled 1.57_4 here and nothing (i have commented the articles box)

the problems are on boxes/articles.php and admin/articles.php or when i try to call this files

Thanks

Edited by danut82

Hi Jack,

I have Header Tags 3.2.3 installed along with FWR's Ultimate URLs 5 and I'm have some trouble with this install.

After the first installation I couldn't even see my site anymore. It was just a blank white page. Turning off USU5 and then finally resetting the cache and then turning it back on made my site work again. But I'm having the same problem as the previous poster where admin/articles.php does not work for me at all. Again, all I get there is a blank white page. I checked the install 5 times now, and am pretty sure that even product_info.php and redirect.php were edited correctly, even though there aren't explicit directions for those files. In the admin, the article cross sell, reviews, authors, and config settings all show up. It's just articles.php that doesn't work. As another person posted, here's part of my .htaccess:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 # Articles contribution
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 # Information pages
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 # Links contribution
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 # Newsdesk contribution
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks

I have Header Tags 3.2.3 installed along with FWR's Ultimate URLs 5 and I'm have some trouble with this install.

After the first installation I couldn't even see my site anymore. It was just a blank white page. Turning off USU5 and then finally resetting the cache and then turning it back on made my site work again. But I'm having the same problem as the previous poster where admin/articles.php does not work for me at all. Again, all I get there is a blank white page. I checked the install 5 times now, and am pretty sure that even product_info.php and redirect.php were edited correctly, even though there aren't explicit directions for those files. In the admin, the article cross sell, reviews, authors, and config settings all show up. It's just articles.php that doesn't work. As another person posted, here's part of my .htaccess:

Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks

I'm not sure I understand the problem. You say the admin/articles.php page doesn't work but then you mention USU5 and show the .htaccess for the shop side, neither of which effect the admin side. If you have the admin access levels contribution installed, be sure you have granted access to the articles.php file. You can also try renaming admin/articles.php to something else and then renaming authors, or any of the others, to articles.php and see if that page loads. If it does, then there is something in the articles.php file or the database causing it not to load. If it doesn't, then your installation is at fault.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not sure I understand the problem. You say the admin/articles.php page doesn't work but then you mention USU5 and show the .htaccess for the shop side, neither of which effect the admin side. If you have the admin access levels contribution installed, be sure you have granted access to the articles.php file. You can also try renaming admin/articles.php to something else and then renaming authors, or any of the others, to articles.php and see if that page loads. If it does, then there is something in the articles.php file or the database causing it not to load. If it doesn't, then your installation is at fault.

Hey Jack,

I'd mentioned USU5 since I was seeing the same problem on the client side as with admin/articles.php, but I see your point. I renamed admin/authors.php to admin/articles.php as you suggested and that file did load up. I had altered the database using phpmyadmin and everything looked ok as far as I can tell. All the tables and entries are there according to what's in the sql file.

But still in a fresh install of Article Manager, in the admin I'm prompted to add at least 1 author. So I create one author, and then when I click on admin/articles.php, the screen goes blank again. If I run just the sql for 'authors' and 'author info' to drop those tables and create new ones, when I click on admin/articles.php it loads up as admin/authors.php?no_authors=true. And so I enter another author name once again and the whole thing repeats. Is my database messed up or is there some bug in admin/articles.php?

Hey Jack,

I'd mentioned USU5 since I was seeing the same problem on the client side as with admin/articles.php, but I see your point. I renamed admin/authors.php to admin/articles.php as you suggested and that file did load up. I had altered the database using phpmyadmin and everything looked ok as far as I can tell. All the tables and entries are there according to what's in the sql file.

But still in a fresh install of Article Manager, in the admin I'm prompted to add at least 1 author. So I create one author, and then when I click on admin/articles.php, the screen goes blank again. If I run just the sql for 'authors' and 'author info' to drop those tables and create new ones, when I click on admin/articles.php it loads up as admin/authors.php?no_authors=true. And so I enter another author name once again and the whole thing repeats. Is my database messed up or is there some bug in admin/articles.php?

USU5 is known not to work well with a number of contributions out of the box so you may want to check with its author if you have problems with the shop side since he has created fixes for several contributions. That isn't a dig against that contribution - just a statement of fact from experience with it.

For the admin size of this contribution, articles can't work properly without an author so the code will force you to the authors page so that at least one is created. I don't think you can get around that in the articles page but if you are somehow creating an article without an author, it will probably fail. I suppose there could be something wrong in the code in admin/articles.php but I've installed this contribution into quite a few shops and never had this problem so I doubt it. But if you are using a mysql version that I haven't ran across, that is always a possibility. But troubleshooting the problem any further at this point would involve code changes and that is not something I offer in a thread like this.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

USU5 is known not to work well with a number of contributions out of the box so you may want to check with its author if you have problems with the shop side since he has created fixes for several contributions. That isn't a dig against that contribution - just a statement of fact from experience with it.

For the admin size of this contribution, articles can't work properly without an author so the code will force you to the authors page so that at least one is created. I don't think you can get around that in the articles page but if you are somehow creating an article without an author, it will probably fail. I suppose there could be something wrong in the code in admin/articles.php but I've installed this contribution into quite a few shops and never had this problem so I doubt it. But if you are using a mysql version that I haven't ran across, that is always a possibility. But troubleshooting the problem any further at this point would involve code changes and that is not something I offer in a thread like this.

I have MySQL 5.1.47. Yeah, I was afraid it might be some conflict between the Article Manager and USU5. Oddly I can't even create an article or add a topic, since as soon as I click on that page I have to add an author, and then things start to mess up. Your Links Manager II (which I just upgraded) works great so I was hoping I could get this one going as well. Maybe the USU5 conflict is something you can get a workaround for in the next version. Thanks for your time though.

I have MySQL 5.1.47. Yeah, I was afraid it might be some conflict between the Article Manager and USU5. Oddly I can't even create an article or add a topic, since as soon as I click on that page I have to add an author, and then things start to mess up. Your Links Manager II (which I just upgraded) works great so I was hoping I could get this one going as well. Maybe the USU5 conflict is something you can get a workaround for in the next version. Thanks for your time though.

That mysql version is fine and not the cause. And, as mentioned, USU5 won't, at least shouldn't, cause any problem in the admin section so that problem is somewhere else. As for a workaround, no, that won't be added, at least not by me. This contributions code works fine with Ultimate SEO v 2.2d and that is the only url rewriter I support.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That mysql version is fine and not the cause. And, as mentioned, USU5 won't, at least shouldn't, cause any problem in the admin section so that problem is somewhere else. As for a workaround, no, that won't be added, at least not by me. This contributions code works fine with Ultimate SEO v 2.2d and that is the only url rewriter I support.

Could it be a problem with my redirect.php?

I'd added

// Links Manager II v1.26 begin
   case 'links':
     require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'links.php');

$links_query = tep_db_query("select links_url from " . TABLE_LINKS . " where links_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'] . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($links_query)) {
       $link = tep_db_fetch_array($links_query);
       tep_update_links_click_count($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

tep_redirect($link['links_url']);
     }
     break;
// Links Manager II v1.26 end

just before case manufacturer and then for article manager I added

case 'arturl':
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'])) {
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select articles_url from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " where articles_url = '" . tep_db_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']) . "' limit 1");
       if (tep_db_num_rows($check_query)) {
         tep_redirect('http://' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);
       }
     }
     break;

just before the links manager code. Though it was redirecting to admin/authors.php when there were no authors entered as line 20 of admin/articles.php instructs so maybe that part is fine. No worries though...I'll just be managing articles the old-fashioned way (html/php). Thanks again.

Could it be a problem with my redirect.php?

just before the links manager code. Though it was redirecting to admin/authors.php when there were no authors entered as line 20 of admin/articles.php instructs so maybe that part is fine. No worries though...I'll just be managing articles the old-fashioned way (html/php). Thanks again.

That code is fine but you seem to be confused about how the shop and admin work. They are completely different sections and can be thought of as two separate sites. There is some code in common, like the modules, and the database is shared, of course. But other than that, they are separate. So you could erase all of the code on the shop side and it wouldn't change anything to do with the code for article manager in admin. So if you are looking for a fix to the problem in admin, you need to only look in admin. That will cut the possibilities in half. And once in admin, it is either the code in the articles file or in the database, assuming the contribution is installed correctly. Also keep in mind that this version requires Header Tags SEO so that has to be installed correctly and working. It could be that your host has the error code checking turned down, or off, so a problem that should show up, isn't. If that is the case, you could be getting some common problem but never see it. You can verify if that is the case by making an obvious mistake in a file like removing the <?php from the first line of the customers.php file and then trying to look at your customers. If errors are not displayed, then that is the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That code is fine but you seem to be confused about how the shop and admin work. They are completely different sections and can be thought of as two separate sites. There is some code in common, like the modules, and the database is shared, of course. But other than that, they are separate. So you could erase all of the code on the shop side and it wouldn't change anything to do with the code for article manager in admin. So if you are looking for a fix to the problem in admin, you need to only look in admin. That will cut the possibilities in half. And once in admin, it is either the code in the articles file or in the database, assuming the contribution is installed correctly. Also keep in mind that this version requires Header Tags SEO so that has to be installed correctly and working. It could be that your host has the error code checking turned down, or off, so a problem that should show up, isn't. If that is the case, you could be getting some common problem but never see it. You can verify if that is the case by making an obvious mistake in a file like removing the <?php from the first line of the customers.php file and then trying to look at your customers. If errors are not displayed, then that is the problem.

I tried the customer.php test you just suggested and it does cause errors, and as far as I know Header Tags has been working fine. I only mentioned redirect.php because of this early line in admin/articles.php:

if ($authors['total'] < 1)
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_AUTHORS, 'no_authors=true'));  

I thought that maybe I'd messed up redirect.php and that was causing some random redirect error with that admin file, leading to a blank screen after I enter an author. But obviously my coding knowledge here is limited and I can only deduce that admin/articles.php is not agreeing with my setup for whatever reason. No problem though. All of your other contributions have worked well for me, so I'll try this one again with the next version.