• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

The "Unable to determine the page link" error is almost always due to having the Search Engine Friendly option set in admin. That option should never be used.

Partially installing contributions, especially when they are mixed with others that perform the same fuction is not recommended - for any contribution. Figuring that out is something you will need to work out since there are too many variables to consider and is not something covered in a support thread like this, especially since it doesn't have to do with either of the contributions involved.

Ok thanks again,

You are right, i did turned that option sometime today, i will try to reset cache so it can comeback ok. I turned it off and it still is showing, it should be because of caching.

Thanks

Hi Jack

I'm sure you're getting sick of hearing from me, but I really appreciate your help here :thumbsup:

I've installed article manager 1.57.4 and have found the following two errors. I hope theyre easy fixes!

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/MYUSER/public_html/ablacey/includes/functions/articles.php  on line 51

and

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_has_topic_subtopics() in /home/MYUSER/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php  on line 69

Thanks heaps mate,

Adam :thumbsup:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_has_topic_subtopics() in /home/MYUSER/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 69

The second error is due to part of the contribution not being found so it appears it was not installed correctly. The first error can be caused by a number of things but since the contribution is not installed correctly, there's no need to consider it at this point. Search the contribution for "tep_has_topic_subtopics" and then compare what you find with what's on the server.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack.

I've gone through and retraced my steps, I'm still getting the "Allowed memory" error. I'm not seeing an error message one the page for the other error, however the site stops loading where that error was. Any other ideas, or is a complete reinstall my best bet?

Is it possible that Ultimate URLs 5 is causing another issue?

Cheers

Adam

The second error is due to part of the contribution not being found so it appears it was not installed correctly. The first error can be caused by a number of things but since the contribution is not installed correctly, there's no need to consider it at this point. Search the contribution for "tep_has_topic_subtopics" and then compare what you find with what's on the server.

Thanks Jack.

I've gone through and retraced my steps, I'm still getting the "Allowed memory" error. I'm not seeing an error message one the page for the other error, however the site stops loading where that error was. Any other ideas, or is a complete reinstall my best bet?

Is it possible that Ultimate URLs 5 is causing another issue?

Why not try turning it off to see?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the speedy reply...much appreciated...and for your work on this contrib'..the install instructions alone must have taken a lifetime.

I just removed the script you mentioned however after testing, this has not resolved the issue. When I switch the ckeditor back off, the Article Content text is restored assuming I didn't save the article while ckeditor was active. Any testing you can do would be great and suggestions greatly appreciated.

On a seperate issue, while attempting to test the cross-sell function, I attempted to remove a product I had added to an article and received the following error;

"

Cross-Sell Articles to Products

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

DELETE FROM articles_xsell WHERE articles_id = '8' and )

[TEP STOP]

"

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Duncan.

G'day again Jack,

I don't suppose you had any luck with finding some time to look at the x-sell product removal did you? I am still getting the error above and am unable to resolve it. I go live with some new products shortly and would like to be able to add and remove as needed.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Dunk.

I don't suppose you had any luck with finding some time to look at the x-sell product removal did you? I am still getting the error above and am unable to resolve it. I go live with some new products shortly and would like to be able to add and remove as needed.

Thanks in advance.

No, I haven't looked at it. I'll post when I do.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

G'day again Jack,

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Dunk.

Duncan, look at my post above as I had the same problem and found a way of working around it for now.

Cheers

Jack,

I've done some digging and found out exactly what is causing this (from an admin user's perspective rather than a programmer's).

The thing that causes this error is if you remove the tick then press save. If you leave the tick in place then press save, the link between the product and the article is removed from the database.

Looks like it must be a little bug in the code that is triggered when the tick is unchecked.

Cheers

G'day Jack,

Understand time is an issue, sorry I have kept bothering you on this one, your efforts are much appreciated.

It does appear Nubbin has the solution (from an admin point of view :-). Simply leaving the product ticked and then selecting "Save" removes the Cross-Sell from the Article without error.

It is not a fix but this work around is just as good to me.

Thanks to both you guys, very much appreciated, keep up the awesome work.

Cheers,

Duncan.

Why not try turning it off to see?

Hi Jack

Whatever the problem is I'm having, it has be totally stumped!

SEO URLs is not causing the problem, and I'm sure I have Article Manager installed correctly.

Are you able to tell me the possible causes for this error, and I'll look into fixing it, and see if it has any impact on the other issue I'm having?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/fullscal/public_html/**********/includes/functions/articles.php  on line 51

Thanks

Adam

SEO URLs is not causing the problem, and I'm sure I have Article Manager installed correctly.

Are you able to tell me the possible causes for this error, and I'll look into fixing it, and see if it has any impact on the other issue I'm having?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/fullscal/public_html/**********/includes/functions/articles.php  on line 51

All that can be said is that something is using up the memory. It is probably some loop in the code or some corruppted database entry. There's no way to know other than to try to isolate it. If it only fails when you click articles, then it is almost certainly related to Article Manager. But if it also fails when you click cusomters, for example, then it is something common to them. You just have to go through everything and try to narrow it down.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

All that can be said is that something is using up the memory. It is probably some loop in the code or some corruppted database entry. There's no way to know other than to try to isolate it. If it only fails when you click articles, then it is almost certainly related to Article Manager. But if it also fails when you click cusomters, for example, then it is something common to them. You just have to go through everything and try to narrow it down.

Thanks.

I tried dropping all the tables related to Article Manager in phpmyadmin and rerunning the SQL file (to check if there was an error in the database), and I am getting this error:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )
VALUES (
'456', 'Article Manager', 'Article Manager site wide options', '20', '1'
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '456' for key 1 

Hate to be a pain, but any suggestions on getting around this one?

Hi Jack,

Using Add On KISS Error Handling and DEbugging I can see quite a lot of errors in my home being triggered in articles.php. These are normally suppressed so I wasn't aware of them

Article Manager seems to be working on my site. (I also have Header Tags SEO v3.2.2 and Ultimate SEOs 2.29d installed)

Do you know what may be triggering these errors? I'm worried I might have made a mistake installing Article Manager.

Cheers

Error: Undefined variable: tPath_array
File: includes/boxes/articles.php
Line: 123
Error: Undefined index: start
Line: 173
Error: Undefined index: stop
Error: Undefined index: string
Error: Undefined variable: articles_all_count
Line: 174
Line: 182
Line: 182
Line: 198
Error: Undefined index: string
Line: 207
Line: 207
Line: 218
Line: 218
Line: 237

I`m geting the same errors and they started after i instaled the latest article manager contribution.

I`m using olso the kisser error handling debugging contribution and i think it has something to do with double defining, but i can`t find them.

This didn`t happened before. The older version of article manager got me different errors wich i ignored them because i didn`t need that options.

Now i get ...

Error: Constant SHOW_ARTICLE_COUNTS already defined
File: includes/application_top.php
Line: 107
Error: Constant ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION already defined
Error: Constant ENABLE_TELL_A_FRIEND_ARTICLE already defined
Error: Constant NEWS_RSS_CHARACTERS already defined
Error: Constant ENABLE_ARTICLE_REVIEWS already defined
Error: Constant NEWS_RSS_ARTICLE already defined
Error: Constant ARTICLE_BOX_DISPLAY already defined
Error: Constant AUTHOR_BOX_DISPLAY already defined
Error: Constant ARTICLE_LIST_FILTER already defined
Error: Constant DISPLAY_DATE_ADDED_ARTICLE_LISTING already defined
Error: Constant DISPLAY_TOPIC_ARTICLE_LISTING already defined
Error: Constant DISPLAY_ABSTRACT_ARTICLE_LISTING already defined
Error: Constant DISPLAY_AUTHOR_ARTICLE_LISTING already defined
Error: Constant NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY already defined
Error: Constant MAX_DISPLAY_AUTHOR_NAME_LEN already defined
Error: Constant MIN_DISPLAY_ARTICLES_XSELL already defined
Error: Constant MAX_DISPLAY_ARTICLES_XSELL already defined
Error: Constant MAX_ARTICLES_PER_PAGE already defined
Error: Constant MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_ARTICLES already defined
Error: Constant MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH already defined
Error: Constant MAX_NEW_ARTICLES_PER_PAGE already defined
Error: Constant MAX_AUTHORS_LIST already defined
Error: Constant MAX_DISPLAY_AUTHORS_IN_A_LIST already defined

If anyone has any ideea pls help. The sore is up and running.

Do you know what may be triggering these errors? I'm worried I might have made a mistake installing Article Manager.

Cheers

Those are due to minor coding mistakes that will be fixed in later versions. Nothing you did wrong or to worry about.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that you should now this ... when i try to ad or modify an article i get this error message

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 935
ERROR_CANT_CHMOD
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php:935) in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 26

I thought that you should now this ... when i try to ad or modify an article i get this error message

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 935
ERROR_CANT_CHMOD
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php:935) in /home/xxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 26

That's an error related to Header Tags, not article manager, and is coverred in the install instructions. Please do read the instructions before posting.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

I installed HeaderTags SEO and Article Manager all are great add-ons. Thanks.

I assume Article Manage support multi-language, but when I am in articles.php only by English(default) can display all articles list and other languages(Spanish and German) can display nothing. Even Spanish displays the wrong character string

"HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_CURRENT_ARTICLES "

and I checked the "/includes/languages/espanol.php", the file including "define('BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES')" and etc...

Could you please advise what problems probably are?

Many thanks.

Even Spanish displays the wrong character string

"HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_CURRENT_ARTICLES "

When capital letters show up, it usually means the installation was not done correctly. Contributions usually only come setup to work with English. If you want them to work with other languages, you have to make changes to the other languages directory. This may, or may not, be included in the instructions. But if you read the instructions and make whatever changes for "english" files to the other language files, it will work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's an error related to Header Tags, not article manager, and is coverred in the install instructions. Please do read the instructions before posting.

This error comes from the fact that i`ve made an upgrade to the latest Header Tags contribution and the admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php file is different. Sorry :D

Hello again.

This contribution is really great so i thought that o could give a hand.

This is the error that i get testing the site with Header Tags lastest contribution

Missing Pseudo Code Error:
 The file article-topics.php should have pseudo code entries but does not.
 The file article_info.php should have pseudo code entries but does not.

Hello again.

This contribution is really great so i thought that o could give a hand.

This is the error that i get testing the site with Header Tags lastest contribution

Missing Pseudo Code Error:
 The file article-topics.php should have pseudo code entries but does not.
 The file article_info.php should have pseudo code entries but does not.

The reason I released the version of Article Manager requiring Header Tags SEO is because of Header Tags SEO's ability to dynamically handle pseudo pages. Those errors from the test function are saying you have not setup any pseudo pages for your articles or topics, thus not using the contributions to their fullest extent.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

If you are using a version of this contributionthat starts with 1_57, you'll notice in the docs it says that Header Tags SEO is required. If you don't want to use Header Tags SEO, you will need to install one of the versions that doesn't start with 1_57. However, unless someone has recently made the changes to the other versions, they won't have the features that 1_57 does.

I'm getting that same error using Articles Manager V 1.57_4 and HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2 . Been racking my brain for hours. Let me know if I'm missing something or if these two vwersion are incompatible. From what I read, they're supposed to be.

I'm getting that same error using Articles Manager V 1.57_4 and HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2 . Been racking my brain for hours. Let me know if I'm missing something or if these two vwersion are incompatible. From what I read, they're supposed to be.

There have been 20 updates of Header Tags SEO since your version and I know that your version isn't compatible with Article Manager V 1.57_4 so you will need to upgrade it. I can't say that that will fix whatever problem you are having but it has to be done either way.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There have been 20 updates of Header Tags SEO since your version and I know that your version isn't compatible with Article Manager V 1.57_4 so you will need to upgrade it. I can't say that that will fix whatever problem you are having but it has to be done either way.

Thanks for the response. I just upgraded to Header Tags 3.2.2 and still have the same problem after previewing an article and hitting insert:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getbasefiles() in .../admin/includes/modules/articles_pseudo.php on line 25

The article actually posts in spite of the error, but no meta-tags appear.