• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi Jack,

I confused by a bug.

While clicking url .....articles.php?authors_id=1

I'm having Articles by ... page but some language definitions there are broken.

They are

TEXT_SHOW

TEXT_ALL_TOPICS

TEXT_ARTICLES_BY

TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION

That I can't understand because my language articles.php file have them!

Please advice either the issue is resolved or how to!

Many Thanks

Sergei

I confused by a bug.

While clicking url .....articles.php?authors_id=1

I'm having Articles by ... page but some language definitions there are broken.

They are

TEXT_SHOW

TEXT_ALL_TOPICS

TEXT_ARTICLES_BY

TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION

That I can't understand because my language articles.php file have them!

Whenever there are capital letters like that it means the definition for them can't be found. If you are sure they exist in the files on the server, then there is some path problem to them. It is most likely an installation problem but could be a configure file problem, I suppose. I don't have any way for you to determine that though. I suggest you upload all of the contents of the NewFiles directory just to be sure one wasn't lost.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have another problem. My RSS feed is empty! Help!

That file is pretty simple. It reads in the articles from the database and displays them. For it to work, the articles have to exist and their dates have to be current.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Solved, just replaced my language file - articles.php on the same file from v.1.57_3

Probably the old one was bugged

Meanwhile cant find where to edit breadcrumb "Articles by"

Would be greateful for advice, thanks!

Whenever there are capital letters like that it means the definition for them can't be found. If you are sure they exist in the files on the server, then there is some path problem to them. It is most likely an installation problem but could be a configure file problem, I suppose. I don't have any way for you to determine that though. I suggest you upload all of the contents of the NewFiles directory just to be sure one wasn't lost.

This is bug for sure.

If I submit rss to google i can see articles in google.

But if i open http://www.kucnatehnika.com/article_rss.php with firefox its empty!

And iternet explorer say:Internet Explorer cannot display this feed

Any help?!

The rss code works fine for me and others use it without any problem. I suppose it could be somehow related to your server setup but it's most likely an installation issue.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Solved, just replaced my language file - articles.php on the same file from v.1.57_3

Probably the old one was bugged

Meanwhile cant find where to edit breadcrumb "Articles by"

Would be greateful for advice, thanks!

The breadcrumbs are handled by the Header Tags code. Be sure you've made the change to application_top for Header Tags.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand what you are saying.

I did not install Header Tags SEO.

I just add some sql data from it to make Article Manager work on my site.

I do it because i already have dynamic meta tags so i cant install Header Tags SEO in same time.

Do i have something to change to make RSS work without installing compete Header Tags SEO.

So i cant add code below

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

because i dont have it. I add code on the end of my application_top.php

Best Regards.

Oh, I see. I only support my version of Articles Manager, which requires Header Tags to be installed. I will try to answer questions on the non-Header Tags version but it uses different code and fixes I've made to articles manager code are probably not in the non-Header Tags versions so I can't offer much help. You can try downloading my version and using the rss file from it. I think it is compatible with the other versions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Oh, I see. I only support my version of Articles Manager, which requires Header Tags to be installed. I will try to answer questions on the non-Header Tags version but it uses different code and fixes I've made to articles manager code are probably not in the non-Header Tags versions so I can't offer much help. You can try downloading my version and using the rss file from it. I think it is compatible with the other versions.

Please where i can download non Header Tags version?

I use your product without problems and withot Header Tags only rss are not good displayed. Regards.

Please where i can download non Header Tags version?

I use your product without problems and withot Header Tags only rss are not good displayed. Regards.

All versions are in the same place. My versions start with 1.57.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I didn't change that code in my version but I just checked it and it works for me. Do you have any approved reviews in admin->Article Manager->Reviews?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there a way to list all topics and subtopics in the articles infobox by default, without having to click on a topic name to reveal the subtopics there? I'm looking at the code in includes\boxes\articles.php and am having a hard time wrapping my complete-amateur-programmer brain around the finer points.

I plan on having only 3 main topics, with maybe 3 or 4 subtopics each, and I would like to have every one of them displayed in the infobox at once. The infobox would become essentially a static table of contents (or tree, or whatever you'd like to call it).

Can it be done?

Sub-topics are handled the same way sub-categories are - they aren't shown until the parent topic is clicked. The code could be changed to display them all but there's nothing in there now to do that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed the contribution, which will become a great feature of the site once it has been implemented and merged properly.

My website can be found at www.aircrewstore.co.uk

and the problem can be visibly seen at www.aircrewstore.co.uk/articles.php

The header and the left side have been distorted, but only the new pages provided through this installation. I am not really great at coding but I have an idea and have been learning 'along the way'. But I have searched through the files and cannot find the answer - please can anyone help??

On top of that; on some of the included files the footer is missing - even though the code is their to call it!

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to re-word that.

I'm wanting to have "ABCDEFG..." links at the bottom of the page, as I'm using articles manager to organize a database of companies (each company entered in as an article).

If that isn't too do-able, is there a search box which would only search the articles available? having that search box located at the top of the articles page, and not incorporated into the regular infobox search.

Thank you,

Jason