• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi Jack,

Darn, and I'm assuming it's a pretty big change in the code, not just a few minutes worth right? I'd definitely spend the time on it, if I knew what I was doing.

Really appreciate all the code support you have helped me out with over the past few weeks, I've got my new site almost back up and running again.

Jason

Hey all,

I just install Articles Manager V 1.57_3... However, when i go to the admin side and click on Articles Manager on the left hand side i get this error

1146 - Table 'secureseat.authors' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from authors

[TEP STOP]

As my site is getting on now, i know i need to update the the newset version of Header Tags SEO but i just want to get these errors sorted first. (if i can)...

I am using MySQL 5.0.45 & PHP Version 5.1.6

Please help me out on this as i am lost...

Thanks all

1146 - Table 'secureseat.authors' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from authors

[TEP STOP]

The error is saying it can't find the authors table added by this contribution. You need to run the sql file in the package.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have also now noticed this problem on the http://www.mysite.com/articles.php

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_ARTICLES' at line 1

select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available as date_expected, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t, topics_description td, authors au, articles_description ad where to_days(a.articles_date_available) > to_days(now()) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id and a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' order by date_expected limit MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_ARTICLES

[TEP STOP]

Seems like i may have messed up somewhere but i did everything it told me to do...

MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_ARTICLES is also a database entry added by this contribution. If you are sure the database entries are correct, then all I can think of is that you must have made the changes to the wrong database.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_ARTICLES is also a database entry added by this contribution. If you are sure the database entries are correct, then all I can think of is that you must have made the changes to the wrong database.

Can't be that, i only have one database...

Would it be because i do not have Header Tags Controller installed and need to figure out how to upgrade to Header Tags SEO (I hope that is an easy task, and not lose my ranking positions)

Thanks for your help... Much appreciated

I'm receiving a very weird problem while using header tags seo 3.0 and Article Manager 1.5.7.3

My whole site, index, product_info etc all pick up the title/meta descriptions/keywords

But when I goto any article it's all missing, I've checked in my /admin/ and the topics/articles are putting the info into the sql database... but I just cant get the pages to come up with it

So I get the standard browser titles, "articles" "articles info" and my page source looks like the following :

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>Articles </title>

<meta name="Description" content="" >

<meta name="Keywords" content="Articles " >

<meta name="googlebot" content="all" >

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" >

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" >

<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" >

<link rel="canonical" href="http://mysite.com/articles.php" >

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" >

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

Any help would be extremely helpful

Thanks!!!

I'm receiving a very weird problem while using header tags seo 3.0 and Article Manager 1.5.7.3

Version 3.0 didn't have the code to handle article manager pages so you will need to update your version of Header Tags. Once you do, be sure to enter the aricle manager pages in as pseudo pages and to edit them in page control.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello ,jack help me pls..

I installl article manager into OSC,but awawys it doesn't work!

I test Article Manager from V1.0 to V1.57_3 on OSC 2.2RC2 and 2.2RC2a

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in E:\web\oscommerce-2.2rc2a\includes\application_top.php on line 312

The SEO Tages have installed before installing Article manager.

That error doesn't have anything to do with either contribution. If you search google (always a good idea before posting), you will find many posts with the answer.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Difficult to advice somthing because it says that you SQL server cant understand sintax of uploading sql file. It may be prompted by some uniq settings of your SQL server. Try to contact your host about the issue!

I have also now noticed this problem on the http://www.mysite.com/articles.php

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_ARTICLES' at line 1

select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available as date_expected, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t, topics_description td, authors au, articles_description ad where to_days(a.articles_date_available) > to_days(now()) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id and a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' order by date_expected limit MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_ARTICLES

[TEP STOP]

Seems like i may have messed up somewhere but i did everything it told me to do...

OMG.. Failed many times..

Here is my Parameters, who can give me a big help to install Article Manager,Thanks very much.

Server OS: Windows 2003

Database: MySQL 5.0.51b-community-nt

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.2.6

PHP Version: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Oscommerce Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a Released (latest)

Article Manager version: Article Manager v1.57_3

Header Tags SEO version: v3.1.8

1 steps, I install the latest v2.2 RC2a OSCommerce ----successful

2 Bucause it's clean store,so install Header tags SEO is very easy,upload the headertags_seo.sql via PHPADMIN, then copy all files to catalog --------successful,Admin cpanel no error.

3 No matter how install Article Manager v1.1 ,v1.56,v1.56v1,1.57,1.57_2,1.57_3...all of them were Failed.---------upload the article_manager_V_1.57.sql,copy all of the files under NEWFILE folder to catalog,

then

I copy all the files under ArticlesManager_1.57_3---catalog to website catalog

or fix it Shining on the readme.txt to do all give me many error..

PS: I can skillfully use Dreamweaver/Editplus/Emeditor, who use v2.2 rc2a version and successful installed article manager?

anyone can give a complete description?

Edited by jujumao

And the failure is?

catalog\includes\application_top.php add

// include the articles functions

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'articles.php');

// calculate topic path

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['tPath'])) {

$tPath = $HTTP_GET_VARS['tPath'];

} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id']) && !isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'])) {

$tPath = tep_get_article_path($HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id']);

} else {

$tPath = '';

}

if (tep_not_null($tPath)) {

$tPath_array = tep_parse_topic_path($tPath);

$tPath = implode('_', $tPath_array);

$current_topic_id = $tPath_array[(sizeof($tPath_array)-1)];

} else {

$current_topic_id = 0;

}

if (isset($_GET['articles_id'])) {

$articlesPage = FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO . "?articles_id=" . $_GET['articles_id'];

$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select page_name, page_title from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $articlesPage . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1");

if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) == 1) {

$pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query);

$breadcrumb->add('Articles', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES));

$breadcrumb->add($pageTags['page_title'], tep_href_link($articlesPage));

}

}

before the last ?>

then I view my website,it's display follow

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

then I delete " require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'articles.php'); " this line .it's can display the page with the error

Articles

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_has_topic_subtopics() in E:\web\oscommerce-2.2rc2a\catalog\includes\boxes\articles.php on line 41

Edited by jujumao

http://116.25.25.203:90/oscommerce-2.2rc2a/catalog/

user: admin password: admin

this was installed HEADER SEO and article manager

I delete one line

catalog\includes\application_top.php

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

// include the articles functions

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'articles.php'); ----delete the line about 503

if not you can't see nothing.

Edited by jujumao

Articles

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_has_topic_subtopics() in E:\web\oscommerce-2.2rc2a\catalog\includes\boxes\articles.php on line 41

The error is saying it can't find one of the functions provided by articles manager. Be sure you have uploaded all of the files in the New Files directory and that you made all of the changes in the install file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

does anybody installed article manage v1.57_3 over Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a Released (latest)

and Header Tags SEO version: v3.1.8 ??

Yes, I do and they work fine together in RC2.

Bumping is against forum rules.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons