• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

I have successfully installed Articles Manager V 1.57_3. When I initially got this fatal error, I asked my hosting service for assistance. They were kind enough to increase the memory_limit on the server from 80M to 400M. I am still getting this error and would very much like to use this excellent contribution.

I noticed the articles.php file referenced in the error message below has a v1.0 2003/12/04 date. Seems like this is the original version of this file. :(

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 190054400) (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /admin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 51

Does anyone know the fix for this issue?

Thanks.

Edited by Dimeskin

Hi,

is not working paging, as i put the paging file

includes/modules/articles_upcoming.php

When you select other pages of results does not change the articles

<?php
/*
 $Id: articles_upcoming.php, v1.0 2003/12/04 12:00:00 ra Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

?>
<?php
 $expected_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available as date_expected, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td, " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where to_days(a.articles_date_available) > to_days(now()) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id and a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by date_expected limit " . MAX_ARTICLES_PER_PAGE);
 $listing_sql = ("select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available as date_expected, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td, " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where to_days(a.articles_date_available) > to_days(now()) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id and a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by date_expected limit " . MAX_ARTICLES_PER_PAGE);
 $listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_ARTICLES_PER_PAGE);
?>
<!-- upcoming_articles //-->
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr> 
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <?php
   while ($articles_expected = tep_db_fetch_array($expected_query)) {
?>
     <tr> 
       <td valign="top" class="main" width="98%"> 
         <?php
 echo '<b><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $articles_expected['articles_id']) . '">' . $articles_expected['articles_name'] . '</a></b>';
 if (DISPLAY_AUTHOR_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true') {
  echo  ' <font color="#CCCCCC">' . TEXT_BY . $articles_expected['authors_name'] . '</font>';
 }
?>
       </td>
       <?php
     if (DISPLAY_TOPIC_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true') {
?>
       <td valign="top" class="main" width="2%" nowrap> </td>
       <?php
     }
?>
     </tr>
     <?php
     if (DISPLAY_ABSTRACT_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true') {
?>
     <tr> 
       <td class="main" style="padding-left:15px"><?php echo clean_html_comments(substr($articles_expected['articles_head_desc_tag'],0, MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH)) . ((strlen($articles_expected['articles_head_desc_tag']) >= MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH) ? '...' : ''); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <?php
     }
?>
     <tr> 
       <td class="smalltext" style="padding-left:15px"><?php echo TEXT_DATE_EXPECTED . ' ' . tep_date_long($articles_expected['date_expected']); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <?php
     if (DISPLAY_ABSTRACT_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true' || DISPLAY_DATE_ADDED_ARTICLE_LISTING) {
?>
     <tr> 
     </tr>
     <?php
    }
 } // End of listing loop
?>
   </table></td>
     </tr>
  <?php
      if (($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == 'top') || (ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == 'both'))) {
?>
       <tr> 
       </tr>
       <tr> 
         <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
             <tr class="infoBoxContents"> 
               <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                   <tr> 
                   <td class="smallText"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES); ?></td>
                   <td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
                   </tr>
                 </table></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
       </tr>
<?php
 }
?>

I've installed ArticlesManager 1.57 and most everything appears to be working except for the Cross-Sell Articles to Products.

In the admin section under cross-sell articles a table is listed showing id, article name, associated products, and cross-sell actions. When I click on add/remove under cross-sell actions, nothing happens.

How can I fix this or how can I associate articles and products.

I've installed ArticlesManager 1.57 and most everything appears to be working except for the Cross-Sell Articles to Products.

In the admin section under cross-sell articles a table is listed showing id, article name, associated products, and cross-sell actions. When I click on add/remove under cross-sell actions, nothing happens.

How can I fix this or how can I associate articles and products.

When you scroll over Add/Remove, is there a url displayed at the bottom of the browser? Also, when you are on that page, click on the url, erase everything after articles_xsell.php and add

?add_related_article_ID=1

where the 1 is the ID. Press enter. Does a different page display?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When you scroll over Add/Remove, is there a url displayed at the bottom of the browser? Also, when you are on that page, click on the url, erase everything after articles_xsell.php and add
?add_related_article_ID=1

where the 1 is the ID. Press enter. Does a different page display?

Jack

The URL displayed when I roll over add/remove has ?add_related_article_ID=1 listed. I typed it in anyhow after the articles_xsell.php and basically the same page comes back listing the articles with the add/remove option, but no list to select a product.

The URL displayed when I roll over add/remove has ?add_related_article_ID=1 listed. I typed it in anyhow after the articles_xsell.php and basically the same page comes back listing the articles with the add/remove option, but no list to select a product.

Hmm, I don't have an answer for you. You can try downloading version 1.57_2 and uploading the admin/articles_xsell.php file from it. A change was made after that regarding this problem. Maybe the change broke it in your case?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hmm, I don't have an answer for you. You can try downloading version 1.57_2 and uploading the admin/articles_xsell.php file from it. A change was made after that regarding this problem. Maybe the change broke it in your case?

Jack

Just tried version 1.57_2, but no luck. Any other suggestions? I've tried double checking all my installation steps to make sure I did not miss anything but have not found an error yet. Any areas you suggest I check? I really like the concept of this addon and would like to get it working.

Thanks

fist of all, thank you for greate contribution

I expierience a problem with Cross Sell (xsell.php). I found some posts with same issue, but not solution.

1/ Iam unable to remove associated products

2/ Associated products duplicates when, I'm trying to associate new products.

I installed last version 1.57_3

Apache PHP/5.2.8 MySQL 5.0.81

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

I dont have SEO headers tags installed, however I included call to clean_html_comments.php file, I believe this is the only function needed by Article Manager, but I might be wrong.

Everything else is working for me greatly.

can anybody give me a hint on this

thanks

Just tried version 1.57_2, but no luck. Any other suggestions? I've tried double checking all my installation steps to make sure I did not miss anything but have not found an error yet. Any areas you suggest I check? I really like the concept of this addon and would like to get it working.

Thanks

Sorry, but I can't think of any reason why it would not work. I suppose it could be server related (php or mysql version) though I've tested it on different versions and it works fine.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed last version 1.57_3

I dont have SEO headers tags installed, however I included call to clean_html_comments.php file, I believe this is the only function needed by Article Manager, but I might be wrong.

Everything else is working for me greatly.

can anybody give me a hint on this

That version requires Header Tags SEO to function properly although it is probably only the title and tags of the pages that will suffer but I haven't verified that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry, but I can't think of any reason why it would not work. I suppose it could be server related (php or mysql version) though I've tested it on different versions and it works fine.

Jack

I have the same issue after moving servers with my host. If I set register_globals to on, the cross-sell function works, if set to off it fails as descibed above.

I have the same issue after moving servers with my host. If I set register_globals to on, the cross-sell function works, if set to off it fails as descibed above.

i had the same problem with Cross Sell Topics To Products not showing the page after clicking the ADD/REMOVE link when i moved the site to a new server and i looked at both servers registered globals and sure enough the old server had them on and the new doesn't so i hoping this is it

BUT i am concerned with using registered globals because i heard bad things about them

SO i was wondering if it is possible to write new code so we don't have to have the registered globals on

thanks for the great contrib

i had the same problem with Cross Sell Topics To Products not showing the page after clicking the ADD/REMOVE link when i moved the site to a new server and i looked at both servers registered globals and sure enough the old server had them on and the new doesn't so i hoping this is it

BUT i am concerned with using registered globals because i heard bad things about them

SO i was wondering if it is possible to write new code so we don't have to have the registered globals on

thanks for the great contrib

I only use this contribution occasionally, so I made the changes I needed with the setting turned on, and when I was done, just turned register globals off again (as I think that is the preferred setting). In the contribution section there is a register_globals patch, which you could try to apply to this file, perhaps allowing you to permanently leave RG off...but I haven't had time to look into that.

Hi!

I have just installed Article Manager version 1.57_3 on a fresh copy of osCommerce v2.2 RC2. Followed the setup steps carefully and haven't done any modifications by myself yet.

When opening the store from Catalog, Articles box shows Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_has_topic_subtopics() in .../includes/boxes/articles.php on line 41

When opening the store from the Admin side, choosing Article Manager > Topics/Articles, the following occurs: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 21911 bytes) in .../admin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 51

I'm a beginner. I've searched the forums, found similar issues, but no solutions that could help me. Any ideas, how to continue?

Thanks!

Rnj

When opening the store from Catalog, Articles box shows Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_has_topic_subtopics() in .../includes/boxes/articles.php on line 41

It means you made a mistake in the installation. That function is part of the contribution and it can't be found in your code. It should have been added during the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi, i have just installed 1.57_3 and have added the required code to place the articles 'menu' inside an STS TAG.

I have switched off new articles, all articles, so i am only left with a menu that shows

HEADER

Topic1

Topic2

Topic3, etc, etc, etc

RSS LINK

I have created a topic, and have also created articles inside this topic the topic shows in the articles menu on my homepage, i have also created an article which i have placed outside any topics, this article is shown in admin in the top tier but this article does not show in the top level menu on my homepage., Here is my question.

Rather than create topics, i would like to create artices that show their titles in the articles menu on my home page, i dont want to place the articles inside topics, just list them as i create them

is this possible? and if so how can i achieve this.

hi, i have just installed 1.57_3 and have added the required code to place the articles 'menu' inside an STS TAG.

I have switched off new articles, all articles, so i am only left with a menu that shows

HEADER

Topic1

Topic2

Topic3, etc, etc, etc

RSS LINK

I have created a topic, and have also created articles inside this topic the topic shows in the articles menu on my homepage, i have also created an article which i have placed outside any topics, this article is shown in admin in the top tier but this article does not show in the top level menu on my homepage., Here is my question.

Rather than create topics, i would like to create artices that show their titles in the articles menu on my home page, i dont want to place the articles inside topics, just list them as i create them

is this possible? and if so how can i achieve this.

To answer my own question (and create a solution) - I have created a new allarticles.php file which is a significantly modified and merged copy of the Articles.php / article_listing_box.php files , the code below should be saved as atriclesall.php and saved to catalog\includes\boxes - then add standard STS require tags in sts_column_left.php i.e.

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articlesall.php');

$sts->restart_capture ('allarticlesbox', 'box');

place the sts tag $allatriclesbox wherever you would like to show a complete list of the headers for all your articles.

Could the experts take a look at this to ensure it is correct - and is this worthy of an addition to this contribution ?

articlesall.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: articlesall.php, v1.0.0 2009/09/27 12:00:00 ra Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

//require('includes/application_top.php'); ?>
<td><table wisth="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <?php
 $articles_all_array = array();
 $articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t on a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on a.articles_id = ad.articles_id  where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now()))  and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

$listing_sql = $articles_all_query_raw;

?>
	<?php 
$articles_listing_query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);
while ($articles_listing = tep_db_fetch_array($articles_listing_query)) {
?>
	  <tr>
		<td valign="top" class="main" width="100%">
<?php  // osc-help.net: added class=main to the link.
 echo '<h2><a class="main3" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $articles_listing['articles_id']) . '">' . $articles_listing['articles_name'] . '</a></h2> ';

?>
		</td></tr>

<?php

} // End of listing loop
 ?>
	</table></td>

i have installed this Articles Manager and all works perfect but 1 thing!

when i hit the add/remove link in admin it does nothing!!!!

any ideas?

i do not have header SEO installed!

is this a coding error in articles_xsell.php or installation error?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

is this a coding error in articles_xsell.php or installation error?

This is an issue with someone coding with REGISTER_GLOBALS on. All programmers need to get away from this. I just went through the file and with limited testing have it working on my site now with REGISTER_GLOBALS off. You can download the fix at the contribution site: /admin/articles_xsell.php register_globals off fix

Edited by zelf

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions regarding this contrib. Installed and no errors showing in either catalog side or admin side.

I created a Topic called Website and a Topic Heading called New Website, with the Topic Description: Anything related to the www.recreationalmobility.com website. I then created a new article called: 'New Website Up & Running' and published the article. So far so good.

In the Articles info box, I see:

New Articles

All Articles

All Topics

Website

Articles RSS Feed

1) Selecting New Articles, the result is:

New Articles

Displaying 1 to 1 (of 1 articles) Result Pages: 1

Below is a list of articles with the most recent ones listed first.

New Website Up & Running... by Jim Ratte Topic: Miscellaneous Articles

Published: Tuesday 13 October, 2009

Where is the Topic: Misc Articles coming from? When creating a Topic, the label 'Misc Articles' default loads, however after updating / saving I would think this would change.

2) When selecting All Articles, the result is:

All Articles

Current Articles

3) When selecting All Topics, the result is:

All Article Topics

Website ( 0 )

Anything related to the www.recreationalmobility.com website.

Shouldn't the (0) above actually be a 1?

4) If I select Website (listed under All Topics), the result is:

New Website

There are currently no articles in this topic.

Shouldn't the article 'New Website Up & Running' be listed here?

Have I missed something in the installation I am not aware of? Or is this proper behavior and I'm just not understanding it :) Site is live if you wish to see the above behavior (www.recreationalmobility.com)

Please disregard post - operator error! Contrib works beautifully and is a worthy option to add to any site.

I have a few questions regarding this contrib. Installed and no errors showing in either catalog side or admin side.

I created a Topic called Website and a Topic Heading called New Website, with the Topic Description: Anything related to the www.recreationalmobility.com website. I then created a new article called: 'New Website Up & Running' and published the article. So far so good.

In the Articles info box, I see:

New Articles

All Articles

All Topics

Website

Articles RSS Feed

1) Selecting New Articles, the result is:

New Articles

Where is the Topic: Misc Articles coming from? When creating a Topic, the label 'Misc Articles' default loads, however after updating / saving I would think this would change.

2) When selecting All Articles, the result is:

All Articles

Current Articles

3) When selecting All Topics, the result is:

All Article Topics

Website ( 0 )

Shouldn't the (0) above actually be a 1?

4) If I select Website (listed under All Topics), the result is:

New Website

There are currently no articles in this topic.

Shouldn't the article 'New Website Up & Running' be listed here?

Have I missed something in the installation I am not aware of? Or is this proper behavior and I'm just not understanding it :) Site is live if you wish to see the above behavior (www.recreationalmobility.com)

Hello,

I plan to install this contribution. I believe it would help me apply useful information for my visitors. I have a couple of questions about the features

1. Will I have the ability to place an excerpt on the Index page?

2. Are there any tagging features included?

Thanks.

Hello,

I plan to install this contribution. I believe it would help me apply useful information for my visitors. I have a couple of questions about the features

1. Will I have the ability to place an excerpt on the Index page?

2. Are there any tagging features included?

Thanks.

1 - No, not unless you code it.

2 - No idea what that is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons