• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

One more request:

Is it possible to have on the "all topics" page, a sampling of articles?

Ex

Topic Name One

Article Name A

Article Nane B

see more articles.....

Yes, it is possible. I ran out of time before I could get to that part of the code. I'll add it to the list for the next version though.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
I apologize for the delay in responding. I wanted to do a new installation to be sure I hadn't caused the problem. I did that and it worked fine so I don't see where that error would be coming from. If you did an update from a previous version, there may have been code left over from that. You should have to add those items to the database. If you do, then something is probably not working correctly.

Jack

The problem seems to occur if you use the TinyMCE files in the Extras folder. I merged the sql_data_array line from admin/articles.php into the same file in the TinyMCE folder and I think it fixed the problem.

The problem seems to occur if you use the TinyMCE files in the Extras folder. I merged the sql_data_array line from admin/articles.php into the same file in the TinyMCE folder and I think it fixed the problem.

Thanks for posting that. You're fix is probably the correct one. I've never even looked at the extra directory so I'm sure the files in it are out of date. I'll put that on the list for the next update.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

No, I hadn't thought of that. I'll put it on the list to do but that will probably be a ways off.

Jack

Hi Jack

back to my 2c

Could you please check how clean is my code for articles_new infobox. Thanks!

<?php
/*
 $Id: articles_new.php,v 1.0 2009/07/04 22:07:52 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
 $listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_ARTICLES_PER_PAGE);
?>
<!-- articles_new //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_NEW_ARTICLES);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$rows = 0;
if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
$articles_listing_query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);

$articles_listing = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">';
while ($articles_list = tep_db_fetch_array($articles_listing_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $articles_listing .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents" valign="top">' . tep_row_number_format($rows) . '.</td><td class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $articles_list['articles_id']) . '"><b>' . $articles_list['articles_name'] . '</a></td></tr>';
}
$articles_listing .= '</table>';

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $articles_listing);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- articles_new_eof //-->
<?php
 }
?>

Edited by leveera

After looking thru many boards, including here. I am still stuck. I have header tags seo installed, ultimate seo installed, and article manager 1.0 installed. Unfortunately. I am getting a weird error When I installed, added a user, then tried to create either a topic or a post, it sends me to mywebsite.comdir_ws_http_catalogmiscellaneous-articles-t-.html/?action=new_topic

I searched around in application_top.php and came to the conclusion that it is creating the problem(or so I assume)

// Article Manager

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['tPath'])) {

$tPath = $HTTP_GET_VARS['tPath'];

} else {

$tPath = '';

}

I added to .htaccess

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

still. I get that error. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

You need to install Articles Manager 1_5.7 if you want it to be compatible with Header Tags SEO, which you should. As for the rewrite, download the version of Ultimate SEO I just uploaded and use the rewrites from there. Also upload the included seo_class.php file. It should work after that, assuming there are not any installation mistakes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

why the code don't split page in all articles?

This is a page:

http://www.eraskor.com/articles_new.php

and this my code:

<?php

$articles_new_array = array();

$articles_new_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au using(authors_id), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

$articles_new_split = new splitPageResults($articles_new_query_raw, MAX_NEW_ARTICLES_PER_PAGE);

if (($articles_new_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == 'top') || (ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == 'both'))) {

?>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="smallText"><?php echo $articles_new_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES_NEW); ?></td>

<td align="right" class="smallText"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $articles_new_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<?php

if ($articles_new_split->number_of_rows > 0) {

$articles_new_query = tep_db_query($articles_new_split->sql_query);

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_NEW_ARTICLES, NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

while ($articles_new = tep_db_fetch_array($articles_new_query)) {

?>

<tr>

<td valign="top" class="main" width="75%">

<?php

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $articles_new['articles_id']) . '"><b>' . $articles_new['articles_name'] . '</b></a> ';

if (DISPLAY_AUTHOR_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true' && tep_not_null($articles_new['authors_name'])) {

echo TEXT_BY . ' ' . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'authors_id=' . $articles_new['authors_id']) . '"> ' . $articles_new['authors_name'] . '</a>';

}

?>

</td>

<?php

if (DISPLAY_TOPIC_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true' && tep_not_null($articles_new['topics_name'])) {

?>

<td valign="top" class="main" width="25%" nowrap><?php echo TEXT_TOPIC . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'tPath=' . $articles_new['topics_id']) . '">' . $articles_new['topics_name'] . '</a>'; ?></td>

<?php

}

?>

</tr>

The maximum number of New Articles to display in admin panel is on 2.

Thanks a lot.

Bye ;)

T-shirt metal, sweatshirts metal, articles, interviews on band metal and more ...

Hey everyone,

I have the very latest Article Manager downloaded and installed. I also have the latest STS, and a very recent header tags controller. However if i try and call articles.php on my website i get the Current Articles text, minus any of my website styling, and then the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /htdocs/includes/modules/article_listing.php on line 66

I've seen this has been an issue historically, but I cant find anything specific to search for to fix it? Is it a version issue or could it be mysql 4 related? I'm only speculating.

Thanks!!

David

If by the latest version, you mean one of the 1_57... versions, then that won't work with the Header Tags Controller contribution. It requires Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've got header tags SEO V.3.1.5 - the most recently available one you uploaded.

Not sure if there's some residual code left over perhaps? Any particular pages where there strictly shouldnt be any header tag coding which i can now strip out?

Then if you are using one of the 1_57... versions of Articles Manager, the clean_html_comments function is included in the Header Tags code. if you aren't, then you have to add it to the application_top.php file. Although in that case, Header Tags SEo won't work properly with Articles Manager.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

...a bit out of the topic question ...

How does Article Manager compare with extra-pages (which I don't really favor much)? Can it be used to create additional information and "form" pages and ... how does if go along with a site that has already FCK-Editor installed?

Thanks a lot

Then if you are using one of the 1_57... versions of Articles Manager, the clean_html_comments function is included in the Header Tags code. if you aren't, then you have to add it to the application_top.php file. Although in that case, Header Tags SEo won't work properly with Articles Manager.

Jack

They both do about the same thing. Articles Manager provides more grouping options. Either will work with the FCKEditor as long as the changes to the text area code is changed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack

Just give me please a bit of a kick - am a bit slow with ... "as long as the changes to the text area code is changed." <_<

Cheers

Norbert

They both do about the same thing. Articles Manager provides more grouping options. Either will work with the FCKEditor as long as the changes to the text area code is changed.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I would like to ask you for help with error message I get in articles manager's administration, item Topics/articles .

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/www/drinker.cz/subdomeny/eshop/admin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 51

I suppose there is something wrong with the database request, but I don't know how to repair it :( All other items in administration menu work correctly at this moment.

Thank you. Martin

Edited by svobodicz

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this addon, articles show but mess my left colunn, I use dropDown Menu on the categories box.

Any idea

site www.flooringsupplystore.com

sample with trouble:

http://www.flooringsupplystore.com/articles.php?authors_id=1

Any help is apprecieted.

I tried this addon, articles show but mess my left colunn, I use dropDown Menu on the categories box.

Any idea

site www.flooringsupplystore.com

sample with trouble:

http://www.flooringsupplystore.com/articles.php?authors_id=1

Any help is apprecieted.

It doesn't change any code to do with the categories box but it does call the standard left column. Maybe yours has been changed? Try comparing one of working files, like privacy.php, to see if there is a difference.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It doesn't change any code to do with the categories box but it does call the standard left column. Maybe yours has been changed? Try comparing one of working files, like privacy.php, to see if there is a difference.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I compared it like you suggested but nothing has changed. This is a mystery ...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks all for this great contribution.

Since I had installed that my website had improved not just on my customers needs but as well on the Google ranking too.

I want to improve the reader’s knowledge adding the Author picture and description B on the

www.yoursite.com/article_info.php

after the article info and before the article date.

This way the reader sees the picture off the Author and start to be familiar with it.

I tried to get the peace code from /articles.php (what is perfect) and put on articles_info.php

I am not been successful with this task.

I have a sample of one site where you can see what I mean.

http://www.wordtracker.com/academy/lisa-ditlefsen-seo-chick

Any help is appreciating.

:rolleyes:

Just a quick Question.

I have AM v1.57 installed. Works great.

I also have headertags SEO (V 3.1.0 I think? is there anyway to tell?)

Is there a way to make the tags display as the article name or even the article topic? All I can get it to display is the static root tag.

Just a quick Question.

I have AM v1.57 installed. Works great.

I also have headertags SEO (V 3.1.0 I think? is there anyway to tell?)

Is there a way to make the tags display as the article name or even the article topic? All I can get it to display is the static root tag.

There isn't an easy way to tell the version of Header Tags until version 3.1.4. To add titles and tags for the article pages, use the pseudo option in Header Tags (Page Control, right column). I don't recall when that option was added to Header Tags but I think 3.1.0 had it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons