• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Did you make the changes to includes/application_top.php to have Header Tags handle the breadcrumbs? Did you fill in the page info for the article in Page Control? I just tried looking at it here and the breadcrumb works as expected with the articles.

Jack

Yes, I did make the changes to application top from both the articles readme and the headertags catalog install. It's really no big deal, I'd just rather the article title show in the breadcrumb. Is this not expected? I had to add the following code: "$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_DEFAULT, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES));" to the article_info file to get the article.php to show up in the breadcrumb while viewing an article. This works for now. At least if you view an article you can get back to the article base page without going to the browser and hitting back. Thanks.

Hi,

I write here because i cant figure it out :/ I installed AM Version 1.5.6 and admin section works fine, but on users side when I want to read the article it display me blank page :/

I don`t have installed HTS and html wysiwyg

I Need Money

Hello Jack,

Thank you for supporting this contribution.

I am having an issue with add pseudo pages.

When I enter:

http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai...p?articles_id=1

It says:

File http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai/article_info.php is not using Header Tags.

But article_info.php does show in the "select an option" list, which as far as I understand means that it is using Header Tags

My only guess is that I also have the Ultimate SEO URL & Independent Seo Url Validation installed and they are not compatible with this contribution.

Any thoughts?

Hello Jack,

Thank you for supporting this contribution.

I am having an issue with add pseudo pages.

When I enter:

http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai...p?articles_id=1

It says:

File http://www.yogicchai.com/catalog/yogicchai/article_info.php is not using Header Tags.

But article_info.php does show in the "select an option" list, which as far as I understand means that it is using Header Tags

My only guess is that I also have the Ultimate SEO URL & Independent Seo Url Validation installed and they are not compatible with this contribution.

Any thoughts?

Please read the instructions on the page where it says to add it as article_info.php?articles_id=1.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Please read the instructions on the page where it says to add it as article_info.php?articles_id=1.

Jack

Sorry Jack, I thought I needed to add the full URL

All working now!

Thanks!

Sorry Jack, I thought I needed to add the full URL

All working now!

Thanks!

No need to apologize. I've made worse mistakes. :) I'm glad it is working.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Can someone point out a good way to exclude one particular topic from showing up in the list in the Articles box? I want to use the Article Manager contrib to ... well... to manage articles in the "Information" section of my site, but I'd also like to use it as an easy way to post a message to a separate "Events" section. I don't want the "Events" topic to show up in the articles box because it's completely unrelated to any of the other articles. (I'm planning to hard-code a link to the events category elsewhere on the site so that it's accessible to readers.)

I'm sure there's a way to do it, somewhere in includes\boxes\articles.php , but how?

Hi,

I've installed Article Manager v1.5.6v1 manually, as we are using a modified template for display. All seems to work fine for the English version of the site, but the Dutch and French versions only show a blank paga (apart from an English title).

I've looked over the code and the required (language) files over and over, but I can't find what is wrong. Messages were entered in all 3 languages and appear fine in the SQL database.

Any ideas what causes this problem?

And here's the solution, I found it by myself!!!

The problem is, that the encoding of the feed has to be correct!

In article_rss.php on line 29 change the code to fit xour encodung of the store.

For example (for german stores):

echo "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='iso-8859-1'?><rss version='2.0' xml:lang='de-DE.iso-8859-1'><channel>\n

I allready added this for my cuntrys special charecters....

echo "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='windows-1250'?><rss version='2.0'><channel>\n

But I get errors like this:

Whitespace is not allowed at this location.

Line: 326 Character: 57

and:

Reference to undefined entity 'nbsp'.

Line: 21 Character: 2

FCK editor uses this to go to another line... How do I make this work? Any idea?

Hi

Im working on a new shop running MS2.2 rc1

Installed succefully Header Tag SEO V3.0.9

Installing Article Manager v1.57

I did not yet add any HTML Wysiwyg editor but i must do it too.

Now the question : witch wysiwyg contrib number should i install ? what about the tinymce folder in the extra part of the Am package?

thanks a lot for your help...

Hi

Im working on a new shop running MS2.2 rc1

Installed succefully Header Tag SEO V3.0.9

Installing Article Manager v1.57

I did not yet add any HTML Wysiwyg editor but i must do it too.

Now the question : witch wysiwyg contrib number should i install ? what about the tinymce folder in the extra part of the Am package?

thanks a lot for your help...

In my option, the TinyMCE Anywhere is the best choice just because, once installed, there is no other editing required to use it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I would like to change the article xsell box in the productinfo page. Instead of having the different articles side by side and centered I would like to have each article per row and alilgned to the left. I think this could be done in the articles_pxsell.php file. This is how the file looks like:

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => TEXT_PXSELL_ARTICLES);

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

$row = 0;

$col = 0;

$info_box_contents = array();

while ($xsell = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_query)) {

$xsell['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($xsell['products_id']);

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'left',

'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',

'text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'icons/article.gif', $xsell['articles_name']).' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $xsell['articles_id']) . '">' . $xsell['articles_name'] . '</a><br>');

$col ++;

if ($col > 1) {

$col = 0;

$row ++;

}

}

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

?>

Note that in the while statement I have changed to align right. How can I change it further so the articles are not listed on the same row, ut instead a new row for every article? Please, if someone could help me.

I mean that I have aligned it left, sorry for that.

Maybe I should try with a better explanation. This is how it looks like know on the product info page:

article 1 article 2 article 3

I want it to look like this:

article 1

article 2

article 3

Somewhere in the code there should be a <br> but where.

Hello Rob,

I just installed version 1.5.6 and everythimg looks fine except for when I click on the Article link in articles.php the screen goes white.

I have tried reinstalling everything and I still get this error as seen below if you click one of the two test articles.

http://electrofunk.com/main/catalog/articles.php?tPath=5

Thank you, Ade'

Please post any bugs and suggestions about Article Manager v1.0 in this topic. I will do my best to provide support.

Thanks ;-)

Rob Anderson

This is amazing, installed on the first try. Great contribution. Can you explain, how I put the link to articles or where I put the link to article.php? In other words, all looks like it installed, article manager shows up in admin, but I dont know how to have them show up on my site, or where do they show up? I get this error message if I just try and view article.php

Warning: require(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_ARTICLES) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/i/z/i/izitgraphic/html/rightspices/articles.php on line 34

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_ARTICLES' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/i/z/i/izitgraphic/html/rightspices/articles.php on line 34

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is a great contribution. It installed flawlessly. I can see it in the admin but I'd like to know how I can make it visible on my site? Basically, I would like to know how to link to the articles or make them show on my site.

Sorry, I'm a newbie and you've probably answered this a million times but I can't find the answer in the forum.

thanks,

This is a great contribution. It installed flawlessly. I can see it in the admin but I'd like to know how I can make it visible on my site? Basically, I would like to know how to link to the articles or make them show on my site.

Sorry, I'm a newbie and you've probably answered this a million times but I can't find the answer in the forum.

thanks,

I think I've got that problem solved - but now this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments().............................

Any ideas?

Hi Jack,

I have just added Article manager 1.57 and I get this error in the admin when I try to add a new article:

1054 - Unknown column 'articles_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

select articles_head_title_tag from articles_description where articles_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

and sure enough that field doesn't exist in the "articles_description" table. There are also references in the code to "article_head_desc_tag" and "articles_head_keyword_tag", but none of these appear in the SQL file supplied in the v1.57 package.

Please let me know the sql for these fields so that I can manually update.

Thanks!

Chaman

I have found my breadcrumbs work in articles.php, but not the actual articles themselves. The crumbs go back to Top. The articles work, everything works, just no breadcrumb. I reinstalled both Header Tags 3.0.8 and Articles Manager v1.57.

Did you make the changes to includes/application_top.php to have Header Tags handle the breadcrumbs? Did you fill in the page info for the article in Page Control?

I too have missing bread crumbs for the articles themselves... I have added the article in the page control and the meta data works ok.

The additional code added to the application_top doesn't say where it should sit (if that matters) relative to the HT_SEO code. The supplied file and manual instructions both show position for file without HT_SEO...

My HT_SEO code for application_top now looks like this:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/  
// add category names or the manufacturer name to the breadcrumb trail
 if (isset($cPath_array)) {
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($cPath_array); $i<$n; $i++) {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name,categories_htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$cPath_array[$i] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($categories_query) > 0) {
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
	if ($categories['categories_htc_title_tag'] == '') { // cdk if no htc title use cat name
	  $breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . implode('_', array_slice($cPath_array, 0, ($i+1)))));
	} else {
	  $breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_htc_title_tag'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . implode('_', array_slice($cPath_array, 0, ($i+1)))));
	}
     } else {
       break;
     }
   }
 } elseif (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) {
   $manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$_GET['manufacturers_id'] . "' LIMIT 1");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers_query)) {
     $manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query);
     $breadcrumb->add($manufacturers['manufacturers_htc_title_tag'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $_GET['manufacturers_id']));
   }
 }

// add the products name to the breadcrumb trail
if (isset($_GET['products_id'])) {
 $products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_head_title_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and pd.language_id ='" .  (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1");
 if (tep_db_num_rows($products_query)) {
   $products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
   $breadcrumb->add($products['products_head_title_tag'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $_GET['products_id']));
 }
} 
// articles manager v1.57
 // include the articles functions
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'articles.php');
 // calculate topic path
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['tPath'])) {
   $tPath = $HTTP_GET_VARS['tPath'];
 } elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id']) && !isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'])) {
   $tPath = tep_get_article_path($HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id']);
 } else {
   $tPath = '';
 }

if (tep_not_null($tPath)) {
   $tPath_array = tep_parse_topic_path($tPath);
   $tPath = implode('_', $tPath_array);
   $current_topic_id = $tPath_array[(sizeof($tPath_array)-1)];
 } else {
   $current_topic_id = 0;
 }
// end articles manager v1.57
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Is there some extra code changes needed here to make articles appear in the breadcrumb?

Does there need to be some extra code on the article_info.php page like on the article.php page?

Thanks,

Chaman

Edited by mingomango

Hi Jack,

I have just added Article manager 1.57 and I get this error in the admin when I try to add a new article:

1054 - Unknown column 'articles_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

select articles_head_title_tag from articles_description where articles_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

and sure enough that field doesn't exist in the "articles_description" table. There are also references in the code to "article_head_desc_tag" and "articles_head_keyword_tag", but none of these appear in the SQL file supplied in the v1.57 package.

Please let me know the sql for these fields so that I can manually update.

Thanks!

Chaman

I apologize for the delay in responding. I wanted to do a new installation to be sure I hadn't caused the problem. I did that and it worked fine so I don't see where that error would be coming from. If you did an update from a previous version, there may have been code left over from that. You should have to add those items to the database. If you do, then something is probably not working correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons