• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Right click on that and view the source. Most likely an error in SQL or missing include. Had a similar issue when tried to port rss feature to the older version of Article manager while I was testing the full release in my staging area. IM me if still having an issue

G

Hello,

I have installed Article Manager 1.5.5, it's great contribute.

There's a problem in RSS.

Files article.php, articles_new.php, ... are perfect but article_rss.php is not working (I added 2 articles in database)

I see title and subtitle but not articles (Firefox).

Seems it's unable to connect to database.

rss.jpg

What can I do?

Hi,

Nice contribution, I was looking for something like this for a client of mine since his site is full of articles as well as a online shopping section, but I would like to ask one thing before I start using it...

does this contribution support EOT fonts, as my clients articles are in local language and use a custom developed font. Normally in static version I was using a pfr file, font file and javascript to execute the font and display of text. How can it be made possible with this contribution. Can anyone help out here....because I have lot many clients who have similar kind of websites.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo everybody,

I have installed this contribution now three times. First on a copy of my shop with a lot of modifications. Second on an older version not as heavily modified. Thirt on a clean install of osCommerce.

I really want this to work. BUT that is what I get

Frontend:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Backend:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_parse_topic_path() (previously declared in /xxxx/xxx/xxxxxxx/htdocs/xxxxxtrading.biz/oscommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/articles.php:14) in /xxx/xxxxxx/xxxx/htdocs/xxxxtrading.biz/oscommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 14

I am not the most advanced in tis field but I have got quite a view contributions working by now.

Here I have no idea what else to do.

There might is a good soul out there that can give me some advice what is necessary to get this finally working.

Thank you very much in advance.

BeJo

Hi Rob,

I just installed "Article Manager v1.5 with Spanish and french support (6 december 06)" and I have to say it is great. It was also very easy to install. It only took a few minutes.

The only problem that I'm having is when you click in some of the section of the box. That's better you to see it in direct, to know what I'm speaking about:

http://www.latiendadeltenis.com/articles.php

And me not knowing much about PhP, I wouldn't know where to go to fix it.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my English, so I'm spanish.

Hi Rob,

I just installed "Article Manager v1.5 with Spanish and french support (6 december 06)" and I have to say it is great. It was also very easy to install. It only took a few minutes.

The only problem that I'm having is when you click in some of the section of the box. That's better you to see it in direct, to know what I'm speaking about:

You will have to weed through the HTML. Somewhere along the way of blending it to your template something got left out.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Yes, I think so, but I don´t know where to start. Please Help me Rob!!

I dont think its anything anyone can fix for you as it has to do with blending into your template. You should start by opening your index.php and articles.php. These two files are very simular. Then look for blocks of HTML code and change them in articles.php to match index.php line by line. Ignore all php as thats not the problem. Ive seen the exact thing before and thats how I did it.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I think it is something about de column_right.php, have a look to the next:

http://www.latiendadeltenis.com/soy-el-mejor-a-1.html

I think its exactly what I told you. If you do what I recommended you will more than likely be taking column right out along the way.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hi Rob,

I used a template also, and had to do this, on each related articles page in catalog root:

The trick is, to copy the code from index.php or any other similar page and overwrite from the </head> tags to just past the <!--body_text //-->

</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<body >
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
  <td class="col_left">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
 </td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" class="col_center">
	<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr><td>

and that should do it, just save and refresh the page after

use an editor like pspad which is free, and this will make things easier too.

can you also have articles with pictures ?

You cant upload pics like you do the products without a lot of coding, but you can install something like the FCKEDITOR and easily place pictures into your articles.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Thanks, I've done it, and it works wonderful, you can see it in La Tienda del Tenis http://www.latiendadeltenis.com

What I have done is to change in all the documents "article", I had the following:

<table/></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

And I've changed it for:

</td>

<!-- body_text //-->

Many Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sergiooigres

I now have one final problem to fix, I hope someone can help me.

If you have a look at the following http://www.latiendadeltenis.com/equipamiento-t-3.html

I need to change the title format, where says "Raquetas de Tenis", I need it bigger.

I know, I have to make the changes in the articles.php file, but I don't know how to do it.

Many Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

I now have one final problem to fix, I hope someone can help me.

If you have a look at the following http://www.latiendadeltenis.com/equipamiento-t-3.html

I need to change the title format, where says "Raquetas de Tenis", I need it bigger.

I know, I have to make the changes in the articles.php file, but I don't know how to do it.

Many Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Look in your stylesheet.css find pageHeading and thats where you change the size.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Go over your install again, you`ve obviously missed something.

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I have installed Article Manager 1.5.5 on osCommerce v2.2 RC2 and STS v4.5.8

Does anyone has experience with this setup? I have managed to create a link on the left column to articles.php, by altering the file sts_user_code.php

I am not sure whether this does complete the article manager installation.

How many components like infoboxes and content area, this contribution needs in order to become usable? What are they? :rolleyes:

Hello all. I hope this is a easy fix and someone can help me. I recently installed Article Manager. I am using Easy Meta Tags and STS4. Everything seems to be working fine until i go to an actual article, it displays "HEADER_TITLE" at the top insted of the article name. If I go to the article topic it displays correctly. If any one could help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

hi there. I am having a little issue understanding the first step. I have done some work with contributions, but this is my first attempt at anything in the mysql database. Anyways, the first step tells me to make the changes in mysql that are listed on the mysql readme file.

So, i printed all the readme's so i can follow along, but i am confused.. I went to phpmyadmin and found the configuration file, but i have NO IDEA how to INSERT INTO

and what do you mean by DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = '456'

because i can not find configuration_group_id = '456'

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

i know how to create a new table, but when i open CREATE NEW TABLE in phpmyadmin, it gives me a lot of options which are not explained in the instructions. How many fields should each table have? One each?? also what TYPE? Do i have to name the fields?

i really hope someone can give me a hand> I am doing all the researching i can on different websites (including this one) and i am just STUCK.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!