• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hello,

This contributions looks like exactly what I was needing for my site. My question before I install it, as I see it currently, the articles are listed in a box for choice, but was wondering if it is possible to have the articles automatically list in the index.php when the site is first accessed. I would like my customers to see any new items and news updates when they first access the site. Is this possible?

Thanks JR

Hello,

In catalog/index.php I put the following below line so when someone enters the site, it will list current articles on the front page,

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ARTICLE_LISTING); ?></td>

But I get the following error. I am sure the current modules/article_listing.php is not compatible with PHP5.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 10' at line 1 limit 0, 10

Anyone have the fix to the article_listing.php file.

Thanks JR

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo all,

I have installed article manager vs 1.5. But at the shopsite I get the error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_topic() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/opelkim/garnshoppen.eu/milo4/catalog/includes/boxes/articles.php:13) in /hsphere/local/home/opelkim/garnshoppen.eu/milo4/catalog/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 13

How can i fix this. I am using osc 2.2rc2, php 4 and mysql 4

in adminsite I also get this

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_parse_topic_path() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/opelkim/garnshoppen.eu/milo4/catalog/admin/includes/functions/articles.php:14) in /hsphere/local/home/opelkim/garnshoppen.eu/milo4/catalog/admin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 14

Is their any chance of this being made into a BTS system, unfortunately I have a site I am looking after for a friend that has the BTS system installed, and it makes modification a real pain.

Born - Scotland

Location - Kent, England

Job - hunting for one

Hello,

I just installed v1.5 and this is what I get when click the first link in the article box.

1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

[TEP STOP]

Also in the admin side for configuration I get a spanish page??? I uploaded it from the file 3 times and its still spanish.

Thanks for the help.

Total Newbee

Hello,

I just installed v1.5 and this is what I get when click the first link in the article box.

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

[TEP STOP]

Also in the admin side for configuration I get a spanish page??? I uploaded it from the file 3 times and its still spanish.

Thanks for the help.

Total Newbee

First link being New Articles and also All Articles, when I click the article I added it shows up fine. It is just the 2 original links.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a similar problem to the previous poster, except that everything was working fine for me until I switched to a new server.

The article box shows on my store and I can see the articles in the database too, but when I click on an article´s category I see that category description (no articles listed) followed by the following error message:

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_description ad left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a2t.topics_id = '1'

What did I miss here during the move?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Yol

Edited by jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Thanks, I got it to work- I installed the 2 new files articles.php and the other one and forgot I disabled the string in the english.php page. :'(

This looks great.

I still have a spanish page in the admin section for configuration.php - Did I miss a step somewhere? I've downloaded a couple other versions of v.1 and it's still in spanish.

the contribution works fine in firefox. but i recently tested it out in internet explorer 7 and 8 beta1, and all my text is centered. even the info boxes are centered. any fix for this?

Edited by NimaP

Hi there,

I have succesfully installed on my shop, only 1 thing I can't break through. Articles xcell is doing nothing.

When I click in the admin, then a list of articles shows up, when I try to click to add a product. the page is loading again en nothing is hapening...

Can somebody help me ?

sorry for my bad english...

Hi there,

I have succesfully installed on my shop, only 1 thing I can't break through. Articles xcell is doing nothing.

When I click in the admin, then a list of articles shows up, when I try to click to add a product. the page is loading again en nothing is hapening...

Can somebody help me ?

sorry for my bad english...

i also have this problem... Hope someone can help in this.. I have done all the mysql5 updates and am running the latest OSCommerce store ... RC 2.2

Brilliant contribution though...

i also have this problem... Hope someone can help in this.. I have done all the mysql5 updates and am running the latest OSCommerce store ... RC 2.2

Brilliant contribution though...

Is there nobody who can help us with this problem ?!?! What I'm doing wrong ? All updates are being installed.

xcell.jpg

full package has been posted. please note that some items that have been posted are optional and i considered them extra. they do not need to be done to install this contribution.

I hope this helps as I was only able to test the installation step by step on one site.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the latest contribution from April 3 and still get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'birds_osc1.au.articles_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from ((articles a) left join authors au using(authors_id)) left join articles_description ad using(articles_id), articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td using(topics_id) where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

I don't see articles.php or articles_new.php in the extras folder to follow the instructions that NimaP left for fixing this error.

Also, I'm trying to get this to fit properly on my page... it's messing with my header and I can't figure out what to modify.

At first it showed up completely outside of the page... but I fixed that by removing a table tag... but I am still trying to figure out what

to change here.

I can post code from an addon page that looks fine and this code, if anyone would want to look and offer suggestions. Thanks for the contribution, I can't wait to use it.

http://birdsinmyyard.com

Hello,

I have installed Article Manager 1.5.5, it's great contribute.

There's a problem in RSS.

Files article.php, articles_new.php, ... are perfect but article_rss.php is not working (I added 2 articles in database)

I see title and subtitle but not articles (Firefox).

Seems it's unable to connect to database.

rss.jpg

What can I do?

After installing the latest version of this module I have the below error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/latori/public_html/shop/includes/header.php:163) in /home/latori/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

The admin side of things works perfectly.

I get the above error by clicking on a link in the articles box to read an article.

Does anyone know what could be wrong here?

Thank you

After installing the latest version of this module I have the below error

The admin side of things works perfectly.

I get the above error by clicking on a link in the articles box to read an article.

Does anyone know what could be wrong here?

Thank you

open the includes/header.php file and find the tep_show_category function. delete that section of the code and see if it works.