• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

I dropped the table `scart' and recreated it - and now the mod seems to be working fine.

>>>As for the primary and index, it should be only one of those so that warning is correct.

It still says in phpmyadmin under the scart table that `PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `scartid`'

However I checked the scart table for another database on another website where I installed this mod and it gives the same warning message about primary and index keys.

Anyway like I said it seems to be working fine, thanks.

(Maybe you want to include a warning in your install file about not importing the sql commands twice - as this causes errors in running RCS.)

Hi.

We have no problems sending out mail with our osc store, however when we run rcs to mail customers about thier carts it adds <> to the customers email address which our mailserver includes in the email, the error we get returned from recipient mail server is a 501 which leads me to think we need the <> removed, this had to be done in our standard config in admin for the store mail address as well. Can anyone tell me where to change this and to what, in rcs files.

here is what is returned from our mailserver.

"customer"<[email protected]

Error Type: SMTP

Remote server (65.xx.245.x) issued an error.

hMailServer sent: RCPT TO:<"customer"<[email protected]>

Remote server replied: 501 Invalid Address

A great contribution overal

Thanks

Edited by Brian-Bear

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone made a hack so far that would send an email whenever a cart is abandoned (right when it is)?

No, because there is no way to determine when a cart is abandoned...at least as far as I know. Besides, it's probably not a good idea anyway customer-relations wise.

I usually do not send out notices to anyone who's cart is not at least 2 days old; I don't want to be pushy, but ask for help making the cart better. I get a useful information back (I couldn't tell your site was secure, the bank didn't accept my card, etc.) and occasionally I get sales I would have otherwise lost.

I'd rather have a few less happier customers than a few more cranky customers.

My rule of thumb; if I wouldn't appreciate an action then I don't perform it.

Well, the contrib is very helpful so far... there's only a few things on my site that do not work the way that they should:

- I have configured email copy, but I don't get any copy. It's only the copy - because customers do get their mail.

- I used the send e-mail function and - unbelievable - got some recovered orders finished ;o) ... but the report doesn't display them at all.

of course they're no longer in the cart, but I thought the main reason for the report was to show, whether the function has effects to customers.

Am I right ?

Next I've got a question for a hack: It happens that items run out of stock and customers still have them in their cart. I'd like to have these carts in an extra function and write a different email to these customers.

Anyone got something like that fixed ?

Well, the contrib is very helpful so far... there's only a few things on my site that do not work the way that they should:

- I have configured email copy, but I don't get any copy. It's only the copy - because customers do get their mail.

Not sure, It's been ages since I sent myself copies. How did you define your email address?

- I used the send e-mail function and - unbelievable - got some recovered orders finished ;o) ... but the report doesn't display them at all.

of course they're no longer in the cart, but I thought the main reason for the report was to show, whether the function has effects to customers.

Am I right ?

The report should show orders that got "recovered" by having a purchase after an email is sent. It can be tricky to match orders to carts since orders don't exist at cart time and carts don't exist at order time. If you have specific examples of ones that did and didn't get matched maybe we could figure out why.

Next I've got a question for a hack: It happens that items run out of stock and customers still have them in their cart. I'd like to have these carts in an extra function and write a different email to these customers.

Anyone got something like that fixed ?

I don't, but that's a good idea. I don't have any free bandwidth to look into this however, at least not any time soon.

Welcome :)

Anyone recommend a good way to have a "wish list" of items for a contribution? I could put one in the archive, but that's rather hard to read for most people (ie, while browsing this forum). Is there a bug tracker for osC contributions?

Not sure, It's been ages since I sent myself copies. How did you define your email address?

I defined the email address in the Contrib's config where it says "E-Mail Copies to"

The report should show orders that got "recovered" by having a purchase after an email is sent. It can be tricky to match orders to carts since orders don't exist at cart time and carts don't exist at order time. If you have specific examples of ones that did and didn't get matched maybe we could figure out why.

I can try it out by myself if you can tell me where the match is defined and on which field it is made.

I don't, but that's a good idea. I don't have any free bandwidth to look into this however, at least not any time soon.

... maybe someone else ?

Welcome :)

Thanks for your reply ;o)

Anyone recommend a good way to have a "wish list" of items for a contribution? I could put one in the archive, but that's rather hard to read for most people (ie, while browsing this forum). Is there a bug tracker for osC contributions?

... great idea

No, because there is no way to determine when a cart is abandoned...at least as far as I know. Besides, it's probably not a good idea anyway customer-relations wise.

I usually do not send out notices to anyone who's cart is not at least 2 days old; I don't want to be pushy, but ask for help making the cart better. I get a useful information back (I couldn't tell your site was secure, the bank didn't accept my card, etc.) and occasionally I get sales I would have otherwise lost.

I'd rather have a few less happier customers than a few more cranky customers.

My rule of thumb; if I wouldn't appreciate an action then I don't perform it.

I didn't mean to the customer, I meant an alert to me so I was aware that a cart was abandoned.

I didn't mean to the customer, I meant an alert to me so I was aware that a cart was abandoned.

Aha ... well, you are still left with trying to figure out when a cart is abandoned. You might be able to have a script that ran the the report and saved it to a file (maybe via lynx?). This could then be emailed to you on an hourly or daily basis.

But doing so in real time, I have no idea how you could determine that. Inactivity could be abandonment or it could be I went to get my wallet, then had to go unload the car and then eat lunch before I could come back and finish the purchase (ie, not abandoned but simply delayed).

Aha ... well, you are still left with trying to figure out when a cart is abandoned. You might be able to have a script that ran the the report and saved it to a file (maybe via lynx?). This could then be emailed to you on an hourly or daily basis.

But doing so in real time, I have no idea how you could determine that. Inactivity could be abandonment or it could be I went to get my wallet, then had to go unload the car and then eat lunch before I could come back and finish the purchase (ie, not abandoned but simply delayed).

A dump at a couple of times per day via email would work just as well for our application. I'm not familiar with Lynx? I'm also not too familiar with the code in oscommerce, if you could point me in the right direction to get this done I would greatly appreciate it.

A dump at a couple of times per day via email would work just as well for our application. I'm not familiar with Lynx? I'm also not too familiar with the code in oscommerce, if you could point me in the right direction to get this done I would greatly appreciate it.

Your best bet would be to find an osCommerce developer to contract. I'm much too busy myself, and I'd read the osC forum rules before posting such a question.

• 3 months later...

Hi I love this contribution but I'm having a small issue with it at the moment sorry

I'm desperately trying to get the attributes working on the recover cart sales but I can't seem to get it to show up. I've enabled it, and then got 2 missing columns in the table, products_options_name and language_id, both of which I put on and sorted, but now I can't seem to get the attributes to load up still.

I'd really appreciate any help with this, and thanks again for the excellent contribution

This is a great contrib but I'm having a small language issue that I can't find answer to.

When I send a mail to customers, they only get it in french, which is my admin language, although I have the english file set up also.

It does not recongnise customer cart language.

This problem seems to have been fixed in version 1.3 but I'm using 2.2!!!!!

Anybody know how to fix this??

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I just installed the contribution and when trying to run RCS from the tools menu I get the following error:

The requested URL /shop/admin/FILENAME_RECOVER_CART_SALES was not found on this server.

I figured out the problem. For whatever reason the file transfers failed in my FTP client, just had to reset the queue and upload them.

I found the solution! I added the code to define the function in admin/includes/functions/general.php - I took it from the Register Globals Patch contrib :

// >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS

// Work-around functions to allow disabling of register_globals in php.ini

// These functions perform a similar operation as the 'link_session_variable'

// function added to .../functions/sessions.php but for the GET, POST, etc

// variables

//

// Parameters:

// var_name - Name of session variable

//

// Returns:

// None

function link_get_variable($var_name)

{

// Map global to GET variable

if (isset($_GET[$var_name]))

{

$GLOBALS[$var_name] =& $_GET[$var_name];

}

}

function link_post_variable($var_name)

{

// Map global to POST variable

if (isset($_POST[$var_name]))

{

$GLOBALS[$var_name] =& $_POST[$var_name];

}

}

// <<< END REGISTER_GLOBALS

I just hope I don't run into other problems...

I must have passed right by this while reading previous posts. I did exactly what roxanacaz posted above on osCommerce 2.2RC2 and e-mails are now working fine. Thanks roxanacaz!!!!

Hi there, thanks for this useful contribution.

I have a quick question -

It doesn't seem to save attributes, only base amounts.

Example, if someone entered in their unsaved cart a weight of 100grams, but the base weight is 30grams, in the unsaved cart report it only shows this base weight of 30grams, and not the true weight of 100grams.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions to save the actual attribute the prospect entered?

Thanks!

I must have passed right by this while reading previous posts. I did exactly what roxanacaz posted above on osCommerce 2.2RC2 and e-mails are now working fine. Thanks roxanacaz!!!!

What did you do, exactly?

I inserted the REGISTER_GLOBALS passage, like the quote in you latest post.

It still doesn't send any emails, or mark 'customers with carts' as contacted.

I followed the install punctually, and ran over it one more time, just to be sure.

Im using the latest version of osC.

Any suggestions to what may be wrong?

[sOLVED] - I should have used just 10 seconds more, searching this thread!

See the fix here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...t&p=1147175

Edited by daller

As I think others may have wondered - and maybe posted here? - Where do we stand legally, regarding this contrib?

Is it legal to email pre-stage-customers? - They haven't even accepted the terms and conditions, at this state...

Anyway, I'll use it anyway I guess... :)

One thing about the contrib, though.

The delete-button should be removed, IMO! - I thought it deleted the cart from the list - but it seems that it deletes the cart completely! - I didn't like that, so i removed the button, myself.

Hello,

I have just added a contribution to the Recover Cart Sales. This version saves the customers choosen language to the Table customers, when the customer creates a new account or puts some article in the basket. If you use the recover cart tool in the admin, the email to the customer is sent in the customers choosen language (not in the admin tool language).

Please note: the contribution only works with new data, because i have not migrated the old data. If you have added the contrib and a new basket shows up in the RCS, you can see in the shown table under "Sprache" the language of the customer.

Good luck

This is a great contrib but I'm having a small language issue that I can't find answer to.

When I send a mail to customers, they only get it in french, which is my admin language, although I have the english file set up also.

It does not recongnise customer cart language.

This problem seems to have been fixed in version 1.3 but I'm using 2.2!!!!!

Anybody know how to fix this??

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Recover Cart Sales 1.4f in 2005. Great contribution I would say. I just found a strange thing. When I select uncontacted customers from the Recover Cart Sales on Admin Panel, and click the "Send Email" button, the color for the customers I have contacted will change from pink to green. This is good. But in some cases the customers received the email but the color remains pink and the status remains "uncontacted". This happens only to those returned customers. In another word, it happens to the customer that has an account with my store and comes again and have something left in the shopping cart.

Could someone help me to fix this bug?

Thanks.

I use creloaded and dont really want to upgrade to their latest and greatest and trying to get your contrib to work with almost perfect succcess. Is there somewhere I can ask a question to finish getting this to work. The only problem I am having is with the database install code affecting my admin category links. Please let me know where I can go to best ask this question.

I use creloaded and dont really want to upgrade to their latest and greatest and trying to get your contrib to work with almost perfect succcess. Is there somewhere I can ask a question to finish getting this to work. The only problem I am having is with the database install code affecting my admin category links. Please let me know where I can go to best ask this question.

I reread a posting of someone who has a similar question. Any you werent aware of creloaded. Crelaoded is a oscommerce based software that incorporated a bunch of contributions and changes. I really liked it up until recently when they made it a subscription based software. I assume other people who are faithful to the older version like me could really use the help. It cant be too difficult to figure out. I am just not sure.