• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Would this contribution work for me?

I am having a problem with paypal orders not being completed if the person doesn't click the return to merchant button. Most people are sending me to the paypal IPN module but since I use the module Imprint text options, which doesn't work with paypal IPN, I can't use it! I need to be able to see peoples shopping carts so after I get a paypal payment (but no order shows up because it wasn't officially completed) I can see what the order was and not have to email the person to ask them what they ordered!! I saw that this said it wouldn't work untill after the person had been emailed... which I think is not what I am looking for. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Karen

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_special_price() in /home/royal/public_html/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 498

I get the following error when i try and open the recover cart sales in admin. Anyone know why?? PLEASE HELP ME

You don't have the function tep_get_products_special_price ... which means you didn't follow the install instructions completely.

Great contrib, and it worked fine for me for awhile. Something has gone wrong somewhere as many abandoned carts show up with no description or price. The quantity is there though.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.2 to see if it would help, but no joy.

Any suggestions?

The only thing that comes to mind is that there was a change to the osC install (ie, adding a contribution) that effected how product and/or cart information is stored. I can think of no reason why this information would otherwise stop appearing.

Would this contribution work for me?

I am having a problem with paypal orders not being completed if the person doesn't click the return to merchant button. Most people are sending me to the paypal IPN module but since I use the module Imprint text options, which doesn't work with paypal IPN, I can't use it! I need to be able to see peoples shopping carts so after I get a paypal payment (but no order shows up because it wasn't officially completed) I can see what the order was and not have to email the person to ask them what they ordered!! I saw that this said it wouldn't work untill after the person had been emailed... which I think is not what I am looking for. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Karen

This module will work for you in that it will let people know that they did not complete complete their paypal payment. It will not help with Paypal IPN, but I think you knew that. :)

I found getting the payal IPN working was a great benefit to my store.

Just want to say HI and thanks for great contribution, it is really working and bringing some sale back so far I got 6% back :). For me everything goes smooth, I’m running also on CRE loaded and it is not affecting it. Thanks and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Is there a way to manually set the cart as PAID/Completed so it will show up as an order?

I've tried using a master password, but when I went into the customer's account to "finish the process", it required payment again from paypal. If I use my own account to pay for this item a second time, not only is my business account charged a fee for my own money, but I also have bookkeeping headaches on the duplicate payments.

Anyway, I've been looking at this Recover Cart Sales, but don't see where I can just set the cart as an order?

Thanks for your feedback on this contribution.

Thanks for the great contribution! Easy to install (even for a newb!), and definitely expect to increase sales as a result.

That said, I've got a few quick questions. First, while the emails are working fine, the links presented (for login, shopping cart, etc.) are all SSL enabled. Since I'm on a shared SSL, this is making for some interesting links. Is there a way to point these links to the nonSSL pages? I've tried changing all the 'SSL' to 'NONSSL' in recover_cart_sales.php, but that didn't seem to change the content.

Also, the 'from' in the emails is a bit out of whack. They're coming through as:

"Admin" <Admin [[email protected]]

Not a huge deal, but it's screwing up any replies. Not sure why it's dropping that last '>', but ideally, I'd just like: Admin [[email protected]]

Finally, I've done a lot of testing and was hoping to reset the Recover Cart Sales Report "Examined Records:" back to zero. How can I do this through myPhpAdmin?

Sorry for all the questions, just excited about this contribution and hope to get it right!

Thanks again.

Okay, found work-arounds to most of the above. Removed all of the 'tep_catalog_href_link' links to get around the shared SSL and entered them manually, where necessary. Can't get links to the product listings, but not a big concern.

Also, found an earlier thread here regarding the 'from' issue - thanks to AntiqueStoreBuilder.

So really, all that's left is how to reset the report. Poked around with myPhpAdmin, but not sure if I should reset the entire table, or just certain fields. Any idea?

Thanks again - and happy new year!

Is there a way to manually set the cart as PAID/Completed so it will show up as an order?

Anyway, I've been looking at this Recover Cart Sales, but don't see where I can just set the cart as an order?

Because of the way that osC handles carts versus orders this can not be done. As far as I can determine, this is because only AFTER payment is an order created; before payment is completed there is no order.

Okay, found work-arounds to most of the above. Removed all of the 'tep_catalog_href_link' links to get around the shared SSL and entered them manually, where necessary. Can't get links to the product listings, but not a big concern.

Whether links come in as SSL or NONSSL are a combinition of the request (to get ssl or nonssl) plus the URL's in your configuration. In this case, the ADMIN configuration (where you may have put SSL in the NONSSL field for security reasons).

So really, all that's left is how to reset the report. Poked around with myPhpAdmin, but not sure if I should reset the entire table, or just certain fields. Any idea?

Just reset the whole table; all it stores is whether an cart has been contacted or not.

Whether links come in as SSL or NONSSL are a combinition of the request (to get ssl or nonssl) plus the URL's in your configuration. In this case, the ADMIN configuration (where you may have put SSL in the NONSSL field for security reasons).

Ahhh! so it was an issue with my congifure.php, that makes sense. Wow, I made that a lot harder than it needed to be. :blush:

Just reset the whole table; all it stores is whether an cart has been contacted or not.

Thanks, will give it a try... :thumbsup:

Edited by madcrabber

Hey,

I was using this for quite a while, and I thought it was working well at bringing through sales, BUT... since it hasn't been working for me (i.e. hasn't been sending out emails anymore since turning on SMTP Authentication), I think I have found that this contrib doesnt actually do much for me anyway.

I will explain...

It hasn't been sending out emails for a few months now, but occasionally I would give it a try anyway. However, I just logged in to look at the report for Recover Cart Sales, and at the moment over the past 90 days, I still have a Recovered rate of 7.83%.

The 5th of December was the last time that I ran the part to send out the emails (still didn't work successfully - no error messages). Then, if I simply narrow it down to the last 30 days I only get 2 recovered carts, but that is still a recovery rate of 6.45% for that period (and those 2 people were had original carts on the 6th of december - so they weren't in the email-out through RCS that I did). They simply came back to the site several days later and finalised their order without any contact from myself (and especially no contact from RCS).

THEN, I go and do another send of all emails through RCS (Im guessing noone will receive them again), which I am guessing is meant to send out almost 300 emails to people with un-finished carts. Then the Recovered carts percentage drops massively, which is what is expected.

However, my point is that whether you email the people or not (or whether the emails work or not), there is still a high rate of people coming back to finish their order.

What does everyone else think? Has anyone actually been noticing REAL benefits other than what the report says?

I would still like to get it back running again to do some more testing to see the real benefits of it (as I probably didn't pay close enough attention to it previously when it was working). So if anyone has any idea on how to fix my problem then it would be great also.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Cheers,

Chris

What does everyone else think? Has anyone actually been noticing REAL benefits other than what the report says?

You will always have some % of people come back and finish orders after an initial time period. (I do that a lot when shopping around, sometimes it's the only way to get shipping costs for instance.)

Anyway, whether RCS benefits your particular store will vary a lot, and depend on your customers, your site, your products, your checkout process, etc.

Would be nice to figure out how to get RCS to work with SMTP Auth contribution... I just don't have a site I'm able to use as a test arena for that type of work at the moment.

I love Recover Cart Sales. It's been a blessing! :D

I only have one question. I have version 2.22.

I have an order in the report. Is there a way that I can transfer this order to a cart?

The customer paid for these items.

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

I love Recover Cart Sales. It's been a blessing! :D

I only have one question. I have version 2.22.

I have an order in the report. Is there a way that I can transfer this order to a cart?

The customer paid for these items.

Read the posts at the top of this page, or read many of the other posts in this thread. This question has been asked MANY times, and the answer is NO.

Hi,

I'm having kind of the same issue with the from email on the messages, in my case the from email is showing-up as :

my store alias name" <@cgi13.cgi13 my store alias name <[email protected]>

Any hwlp will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks for the great contribution! Easy to install (even for a newb!), and definitely expect to increase sales as a result.

That said, I've got a few quick questions. First, while the emails are working fine, the links presented (for login, shopping cart, etc.) are all SSL enabled. Since I'm on a shared SSL, this is making for some interesting links. Is there a way to point these links to the nonSSL pages? I've tried changing all the 'SSL' to 'NONSSL' in recover_cart_sales.php, but that didn't seem to change the content.

Also, the 'from' in the emails is a bit out of whack. They're coming through as:

"Admin" <Admin [[email protected]]

Not a huge deal, but it's screwing up any replies. Not sure why it's dropping that last '>', but ideally, I'd just like: Admin [[email protected]]

Finally, I've done a lot of testing and was hoping to reset the Recover Cart Sales Report "Examined Records:" back to zero. How can I do this through myPhpAdmin?

Sorry for all the questions, just excited about this contribution and hope to get it right!

Thanks again.

Hello,

I previously had installed Held Orders version 2.0 and now have just installed Recover Cart Sales version 2.22c and find that no orders are being held in the Held Orders queue anymore.

I've searched through the forum for a solution but could not find one.

Is anyone aware of a possible conflict between these two contributions and, if so, what a solutiion to this particular problem might be?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dick

The contribution works well for me.

The only little glitch I have is that the report gives me a:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /home/spunshop/public_html/demo/admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php on line 27

The line 27 of stats_recover_cart_sales.php is:

return date(DATE_FORMAT, mktime('', '', '', $month, $day, $year));

I am surprised that nobody else reported that error in the forums.

Anybody has an idea of the cause of that?

I also am using the register_globals (turned off) contribution (and had made the required modification for RCS to work properly in recover_cart_sales.php)

Btw: Great contribution Lane!

And you also deserve a sincere applause for the way the continue to support and maintain this contribution and by responding to all those emails - despite your huge work schedule, as I could read.

Regards,

-Ben

The contribution works well for me.

The only little glitch I have is that the report gives me a:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /home/spunshop/public_html/demo/admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php on line 27

The line 27 of stats_recover_cart_sales.php is:

I am surprised that nobody else reported that error in the forums.

Anybody has an idea of the cause of that?

That is strange ... what OS are you on? I just ran my report and it worked fine. Could be a different version of php (5?) conflict? Do a lookup of mktime in the PHP docs for your version of PHP and tell me what it says.

Btw: Great contribution Lane!

And you also deserve a sincere applause for the way the continue to support and maintain this contribution and by responding to all those emails - despite your huge work schedule, as I could read.

Heh .. thanks, much appreciated ;)

Hi,

I'm having kind of the same issue with the from email on the messages, in my case the from email is showing-up as :

my store alias name" <@cgi13.cgi13 my store alias name <[email protected]>

Any hwlp will be greatly appreciated!

I just did a check and my emails are arriving fine. I do not ever send HTML emails (since most html emails I get are spam or virus emails and so my email filter automatically deletes any HTML emails I receive), so if you are sending those try turning that off (in the store configuration under email settings).

Other than that, the most common reason for problems like yours are incorrect data in the store configuration, for instance emails in the configuration should be [email protected] and not <[email protected]>, so check all settings like that. Also make sure your configure.php file is correct.

Just for show, here is what an email from my store arrives like:

To: 	"Lane Roathe" <[email protected]>
Date: 	13 Jan 2007, 01:03:14 PM
Subject: 	Inquiry from Ideas From the Deep

Login to your account here:  (https://www.ifd.com/login.php)
------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lane,

We would like to thank you for having shopped at Ideas From the Deep in the
past. We noticed that during a visit to our store you placed the following
item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction.

Shopping Cart Contents:

5 x Jazz Jackrabbit Plush Toy
  (https://www.ifd.com/product_info.php?products_id=97)

We are always interested in knowing what happened and if there was a reason
that you decided not to purchase at this time. If you could be so kind as to
let us know if you had any issues or concerns, we would appreciate it.  We are
asking for feedback from you and others as to how we can help make your
experience at Ideas From the Deep better.

PLEASE NOTE:
If you believe you completed your purchase and are wondering why it was not
delivered, this email is an indication that your order was NOT completed, and
that you have NOT been charged! Please return to the store in order to complete
your order.

Our apologies if you already completed your purchase, we try not to send these
messages in those cases, but sometimes it is hard for us to tell depending on
individual circumstances.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us improve the
Ideas From the Deep website.

Sincerely,

Ideas From the Deep
https://www.ifd.com/

Hope that helps!

Hello,

I previously had installed Held Orders version 2.0 and now have just installed Recover Cart Sales version 2.22c and find that no orders are being held in the Held Orders queue anymore.

I've searched through the forum for a solution but could not find one.

Is anyone aware of a possible conflict between these two contributions and, if so, what a solutiion to this particular problem might be?

I've never used Held Orders before, so I don't know what it does, nor what the Held Orders queue is.

What I can say is that RCS doesn't modify any store data; all it does is look through the existing osC carts database table for carts w/o matching orders. It then displays these (this is done in the RCS Tool). You can then choose to send emails to the customers attached to each cart displayed; when yo do so an entry is added to the RCS only table 'scarts', that entry simply allows the tool to determine if the cart's customer was previously emailed or not. Very simple. The report tries to match orders to entries in the 'scart' table to give the store owner some idea of the impact of using RCS. (Which is very imprecise given the setup of osC and customer usage patterns).

Anyway, that's the long way of saying I don't have an answer for you, but I don't see how RCS would interfere with any other contribution (however, another contribution could, and that interaction could result in improper results on either side).

That is strange ... what OS are you on? I just ran my report and it worked fine. Could be a different version of php (5?) conflict? Do a lookup of mktime in the PHP docs for your version of PHP and tell me what it says.

Hi Lane,

I am running php v5.2.0 with Apache v1.3.37, under CentOS. However, this error doesn't happen on a store installed locally on my computer (a Windows machine running php v5.0.4 and Apache v1.3.3).

So I had a closer look at it and at the mktime function. Here is what I found:

http://de2.php.net/manual/en/function.mktime.php

The function changed at php v5.1.0 (which is straight in between the 2 php versions I use):

"The is_dst parameter became deprecated. Made the function return FALSE on error, instead of -1. Fixed the function to accept the year, month and day to be all passed as zero."

As well, on all the examples on this page, the function mktime was shown like this:

mktime(0, 0, 0, 12, 32, 1997)

So I tried to modify the line 27 of stats_recover_cart_sales.php from:

to:

return date(DATE_FORMAT, mktime(0, 0, 0, $month, $day, $year));

and the error doesn't appear anymore!

So I'd be inclined to think that it is due to the php version change. Then, since this modified line is accepted by older version of php as well, I would then suggest to include this little change in the next release of RCS.

So that little glitch is solved for me.

Thanks for your quick reply as well!

Regards,

-Ben

Hi Lane,

Thanks for the reply and information. I have since removed the following add on to the Recover Cart Sales code and am now seem to be receiving the data for Held Orders. The Held Orders queue is where the information is temporarily stored for those customers who pay by PayPal but do not click the final Continue button to return to the website. From there, one click moves it into the regular Orders queue if it is a bona fide sale. I am not sure what in the code below would cause the data not to be stored in Held Orders after the Recover Cart Sales contribution was added. If anyone sees what the cause might be and how to revise it so that there is no conflict, please let me know.

Regards,

Dick

To prevent the table from growing due to orders which were abandoned, I added a bit of code. What it does is check if we are in a checkout page.

If we are, then we either need the held order or it will be removed.

If we are not, and there is a hold, then the user has abandoned the order for now, either by going to a non-checkout page or by logging off.

- Open catalog/includes/header.php

- At the top, paste the following:

/* Contribution - update to the Held_orders package: */

/*

- Adding code so that if an order is held and user leaves checkout area, then it is removed.

- This prevents held orders from accumulating, even if user logs off.

*/

if (tep_session_is_registered('held_order'))

{

// Check if the user is in the checkout area

$oscTestForCheckout_url = strtoupper($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);

$findString = "CHECKOUT";

$pos = strpos($oscTestForCheckout_url, $findString);

if ($pos > 0)

{

// This is one of osCommerce's CheckOut pages. Leave the held order intact.

}

else

{

// If not, then delete this held order. It has been abandoned by the user.

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_HOLDING_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . $held_order . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_HOLDING_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_id = '" . $held_order . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_HOLDING_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where orders_id = '" . $held_order . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_HOLDING_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . $held_order . "'");

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_HOLDING_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '" . $held_order . "'");

tep_session_unregister('held_order');

}

}

I've never used Held Orders before, so I don't know what it does, nor what the Held Orders queue is.

What I can say is that RCS doesn't modify any store data; all it does is look through the existing osC carts database table for carts w/o matching orders. It then displays these (this is done in the RCS Tool). You can then choose to send emails to the customers attached to each cart displayed; when yo do so an entry is added to the RCS only table 'scarts', that entry simply allows the tool to determine if the cart's customer was previously emailed or not. Very simple. The report tries to match orders to entries in the 'scart' table to give the store owner some idea of the impact of using RCS. (Which is very imprecise given the setup of osC and customer usage patterns).

Anyway, that's the long way of saying I don't have an answer for you, but I don't see how RCS would interfere with any other contribution (however, another contribution could, and that interaction could result in improper results on either side).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there I have nearly finished instaing this contribution but I'm have a couple of problems on my admin area in tools recover cart sales I get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_special_price() in /home/s/e/sewdevine/public_html/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 500

Please if anyone could help me that would be great.

I'm having problems understanding Step 9:

If any body can shead some light on this a bit easyer I can not understand what I have to copy and paste do I copy text in first box or look for this text and paste it into what looks like the second box ??

Please help I'm at the end of my teather any help would be great.

:thumbsup: Thank you very very much