• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Make it "0 - 30" days, if that doesnt work, try making a fake account on your site and add sumthing to the cart, then try "0 - 30" days. If that doesnt work, make sure you installed the SQL from the install instructions, not the SQL that was sitting in the folder by itself. Ifffff that doesnt work make sure you adding the code in all the right places.

everything is working. thank you for your help!

I was having problems with my email too. For me the problem was that i installed the SQL from the notepad instead of the SQL from the install instructions. *install the SQL that is the install instructions*

great so now i cant go back to my sql before that point when i installed the one in the notepad. so i guess im SOL?

great so now i cant go back to my sql before that point when i installed the one in the notepad. so i guess im SOL?

i went back and got it to work. thanks..

only thing now is my emails being sent are coming from my shopname and have a trailing > after it. and i cant seem to find the line thhat defines the text subject to fix it

i went back and got it to work. thanks..

only thing now is my emails being sent are coming from my shopname and have a trailing > after it. and i cant seem to find the line thhat defines the text subject to fix it

Check your configuration to make sure you didn't enter an < or > around the name. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't have the code with me to look at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the contributions and it seems to be working fine: I get a list of unsold carts, BUT when I try to send inquiries they don't arrive. I have discovered now that the e-mails do arrive but they immediately go to the junk mail folder... :'( Is there anything I can modify to make sure the e-mails are not regarded as junk mail ? ?

I have installed the contributions and it seems to be working fine: I get a list of unsold carts, BUT when I try to send inquiries they don't arrive. I have discovered now that the e-mails do arrive but they immediately go to the junk mail folder... :'( Is there anything I can modify to make sure the e-mails are not regarded as junk mail ? ?

This is determined by the recipient's email client/filters/settings. Make sure the server the emails are sent from is not on any black lists (orbs, etc). There are pay services that are supposed to help, but no idea how effective they are.

Welcome to the world of spam, where both customers and legit business loose and the only ones to gain are crooks :(

This is determined by the recipient's email client/filters/settings. Make sure the server the emails are sent from is not on any black lists (orbs, etc). There are pay services that are supposed to help, but no idea how effective they are.

Welcome to the world of spam, where both customers and legit business loose and the only ones to gain are crooks :(

I use a gmail address to send out emails instead of using an info@... to make sure it's not considered as spam..., so changing email server is probably not really a solution I suppose :( In addition, the test-email I have sent was sent to an other gmail address (which rarely consider 'good' emails as spam as opposed to hotmail etc)

Hi,

I am using Recover Cart Sales v2.11 and have a small problem with the content of the outbound email.

Firstly the login link has http://www.xyzabc/catalog/login.php but my OSC is installed in the root and not in Catalog.

A similar problem appears on the product link as it has /catalog/..... which takes the recipient to a non-existent page.

Finally the signature link at the bottom of the email has a similar problem.

Please could someone tell me which files to amend and where to remove the instances of /catalog/ in the links?Thank you....!

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

Hi,

I am using Recover Cart Sales v2.11 and have a small problem with the content of the outbound email.

Firstly the login link has http://www.xyzabc/catalog/login.php but my OSC is installed in the root and not in Catalog.

A similar problem appears on the product link as it has /catalog/..... which takes the recipient to a non-existent page.

Please could someone tell me which files to amend and where to remove the instances of /catalog/ in the links?Thank you....!

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

Hi,

The information returned is taken from your configuration settings, so fix them and you'll be fine.

(PS: my store is also installed at the root, www.ifd.com, and I do not have a catalog folder. All works fine for me because I have properly setup the catalog and admin configure.php files).

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I have an unsolded cart in report tool, and customer send me money order without validate his cart.

How can i validate his cart ?

Thanks

Due to the way osC works, there is not an actual order created until the time of purchase, so you can't validate a cart. What I have done in the past is to complete the order as that customer.

lane

Hi Recover cart sales team,

To start with, a great conribution and have started using it myself. The report works excellent except when we have recovered sales from the same customer who came back again and did the same process of abandoning the cart till we send him the mail. Normally the report should examin this record but it does n't since it is same customer (the report will offcourse not show the recovered sale). Is it normal or am I missing something. It's really strange, the report does not check the records of past recovered customers.

Cheers...

Brad

Hi Recover cart sales team,

To start with, a great conribution and have started using it myself. The report works excellent except when we have recovered sales from the same customer who came back again and did the same process of abandoning the cart till we send him the mail. Normally the report should examin this record but it does n't since it is same customer (the report will offcourse not show the recovered sale). Is it normal or am I missing something. It's really strange, the report does not check the records of past recovered customers.

This is how it should work if you have it configured to skip carts with matched orders in the configuration. To see all potentially abandoned carts, go to the store configuration, recover cart sales section, and set "skip carts with matched orders" and "match orders from any date" to false.

This is how it should work if you have it configured to skip carts with matched orders in the configuration. To see all potentially abandoned carts, go to the store configuration, recover cart sales section, and set "skip carts with matched orders" and "match orders from any date" to false.

Hi,

It's not a matched order where customer has abandoned cart and then has come after awhile. Well to be clear on my side, I have a customer to whom I applied a recover cart sales process and was succseful in recovering sales. Now after a while this same customer comes, abandone's the cart which I am able to see in the tool (in red saying have been in contact on blah blah date) which I feel is great, its working. Now I am using the tool to send the mail to this customer, ok but what we get when we check the report. It does not examin this record. Now I think its just beacuse the report has already the same customer who's recover sales was succesful, so it does not examine the report. Its really straneg. By the way, I have false setting for skipping matche orders...

Thanks

Hi,

It's not a matched order where customer has abandoned cart and then has come after awhile. Well to be clear on my side, I have a customer to whom I applied a recover cart sales process and was succseful in recovering sales. Now after a while this same customer comes, abandone's the cart which I am able to see in the tool (in red saying have been in contact on blah blah date) which I feel is great, its working. Now I am using the tool to send the mail to this customer, ok but what we get when we check the report. It does not examin this record. Now I think its just beacuse the report has already the same customer who's recover sales was succesful, so it does not examine the report. Its really straneg. By the way, I have false setting for skipping matche orders...

This could be a bug in the report. Unfortunately my full time job has taken over my life (over 90 hours per week on average!) so I will not be able to look into this any time soon. Hopefully someone else will :)

Ya, I too feel its abug. Well I can sort out it out if you atleast guide me through it since you will be the best person to know where to start from!!

The only guidance I can think of is to look at the report generator code and compare the SQL used to the tool.

lane

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am wondering, is there a way I can recover these sales into the order section? For example - say Jon Doe orders something - but does not complete it and leaves so it it added to recover carts. When I view it and contact him - I would like to then be able to have a button that would move it to the orders section - so I can process it like any other order.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,

Philip

Hi,

I am wondering, is there a way I can recover these sales into the order section? For example - say Jon Doe orders something - but does not complete it and leaves so it it added to recover carts. When I view it and contact him - I would like to then be able to have a button that would move it to the orders section - so I can process it like any other order.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,

Philip

It can be done; but currently that code is in the checkout process. It would need to be moved to a function that both the checkout process and cart could use. That function would need to be told what user and cart to work with.

Not easy unfortunately :(