• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

I modified my mline to add a model to the email. Now, I'm getting the product model along with product name. Here is how my mline looks now:

$mline .= $inrec['qty'] . ' x ' . $inrec2['model'] . ' [ ' . $inrec2['name'] . ' ] ' . "\n";

Thanks a lot for your help, Met00 :thumbsup:

I just went through the installation of Recover Cart Sales 2.22 onto a BRAND NEW install of OSCOMMERCE. All went well with SQL additions and the modifications set forth in the Install.html file provide. Once complete, I followed the directiong to create a test user and abandon a cart which I did. Never the less, the cart never showed in my ADMIN/TOOLS/RECOVER CART SALES area no in REPORTS. Nothing comes back with an error but nothing shows in the TOOLS/RECOVER CART SALES either. Any additional suggestions as to moving forward with testing or checking for problems would be greatly apperciated.........

I just went through the installation of Recover Cart Sales 2.22 onto a BRAND NEW install of OSCOMMERCE. All went well with SQL additions and the modifications set forth in the Install.html file provide. Once complete, I followed the directiong to create a test user and abandon a cart which I did. Never the less, the cart never showed in my ADMIN/TOOLS/RECOVER CART SALES area no in REPORTS. Nothing comes back with an error but nothing shows in the TOOLS/RECOVER CART SALES either. Any additional suggestions as to moving forward with testing or checking for problems would be greatly apperciated.........

Make sure there is data in the tables needed (customer and customer cart). You'd need to use something like phpMyAdmin to do this.

Also, make sure the "from - to" days are not interferring (for instance, if you set the "from" days to 5 you could not see your abandoned test cart until 5 days after it was created).

Make sure there is data in the tables needed (customer and customer cart). You'd need to use something like phpMyAdmin to do this.

Also, make sure the "from - to" days are not interferring (for instance, if you set the "from" days to 5 you could not see your abandoned test cart until 5 days after it was created).

great starting point.. I get:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'tatus' at line 2

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '35' and s tatus

[TEP STOP]

When I change to anything under 3 days.. I am guessing I have a cart that is sitting there over the past 2 days and when it finds it, it give the above error message?

Also.

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '53' and s tatus

[TEP STOP]

When you use outputlib in conjunction with an SQL Query and the output string contains any ' characters, the SQL Query will fail with SQL Error: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's

FooBar')' at line x

Found the above but now were to I go to fix this!

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '53' and s tatus

[TEP STOP]

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '53' and status

note that it's not "s tatus" it's "status"

Hi

This is my first post on these boards. I installed this contrib yesterday and think its a great idea. I was suprised at how many carts had been abandoned in my shop.

I have a problem in that I can't email the customers, when I click the send email button it just refreshes the screen and nothing happens. I've tried reinstalling but no change. I can use the other mail features in OSC, I wondered if anyone else who had this problem was able to solve it or if anyone knew good places to check what the problem may be as I'm not a web developer and my knowledge of sql and php is not good. I work on the trial and error formula (including the shout at the computer when it doesn't work approach). :)

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

Sarah

I work on the trial and error formula (including the shout at the computer when it doesn't work approach). :)

Personaly, I have found that yelling at the computer decreases the tension while putting "echo" statements in around the potential problem areas so I can see what the code is actually doing.

Look for the tep_mail calls and put echo statements around the calls to verifiy that (1) you are actually running the code and (2) to see what is actually being sent to the function.

here is a debug example....

echo "Before e-mail: sending e-mail to: ".$custname." at ".$inrec['email']."<br>";
tep_mail($custname, $inrec['email'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
echo "Sending ". $custname.",". $inrec['email']".,". EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT.",". $email.",". STORE_OWNER.",". STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS.")<br>";
echo "Sent e-mail: sent e-mail to: ".$custname." at ".$inrec['email']."<p>";

Now, this will display 3 lines per e-mail. One showing when it starts, one showing what was passed and one showing when it ended. Now, while you are screaming at your computer you will at least know what is happening.

Thank you for attending "debugging OSC 1.0" class.

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '53' and status

note that it's not "s tatus" it's "status"

Which file should I look into to correct this problem?

try:

grep "s tatus" *.php

(assumptions: (1) you're on a unix box (2) you have shell access to the admin directory)

try:

grep "s tatus" *.php

(assumptions: (1) you're on a unix box (2) you have shell access to the admin directory)

grep -r "s tatus" *.php returned no results from the /catalog/admin directory (-r) to recursively traverse the sub-directories within; of course.

[TEP STOP]

Recover Cart Sales v2.22

Edited by gwhsales

There are only two files with code, both in /catalog/admin

REPORT: stats_recover_cart_sales.php

and

TOOL: recover_cart_sales.php

Since you are changing data to under 3 days, the file would be recover_cart_sales.php. I just checked the code in the archive and they both work fine with every date configuration I could come up with, including the range of 1-2 days and 0-45 days.

There are only two files with code, both in /catalog/admin

REPORT: stats_recover_cart_sales.php

and

TOOL: recover_cart_sales.php

Since you are changing data to under 3 days, the file would be recover_cart_sales.php. I just checked the code in the archive and they both work fine with every date configuration I could come up with, including the range of 1-2 days and 0-45 days.

Copies the original recover_cart_sales.php out of the archieve just to make sure and it gives the same error:

[TEP STOP]

Recover Cart Sales v2.22

Bottomline is if there is nothing between the specific DATE settings, it gives the there seen above.. If there is something, it will not error out but display NOTHING even when I know there is carts that need to be displayed. Anywhere else I should look? i'm thinking it's in the SQL entries but not sure?

Edited by gwhsales

[TEP STOP]

Recover Cart Sales v2.22

okay, what is so hard about finding the bloody select line and getting rid of the bloody space between s and tatus? This shouldn't be rocket science (Lane, I'm running a pre "special" version of the cart, so can you just point out the line numbers that deal woth the specials select statements?)

[TEP STOP]

Recover Cart Sales v2.22

okay, what is so hard about finding the bloody select line and getting rid of the bloody space between s and tatus? This shouldn't be rocket science (Lane, I'm running a pre "special" version of the cart, so can you just point out the line numbers that deal woth the specials select statements?)

Copies the original recover_cart_sales.php out of the archieve just to make sure and it gives the same error:

[TEP STOP]

Recover Cart Sales v2.22

Bottomline is if there is nothing between the specific DATE settings, it gives the there seen above.. If there is something, it will not error out but display NOTHING even when I know there is carts that need to be displayed. Anywhere else I should look? i'm thinking it's in the SQL entries but not sure?

Actually, with JM's reply I finally realized that this is in general.php ... hmm, ok, I guess it's time to stop trying to setup the specials pricing code the "right" way and do it the way that is more likely to work for everyone.

gwhsales , I'll post up a new version this weekend. Please remember I do this in my spare time, which, with 90 hours a week @ the real job, is not much.

Actually, with JM's reply I finally realized that this is in general.php ... hmm, ok, I guess it's time to stop trying to setup the specials pricing code the "right" way and do it the way that is more likely to work for everyone.

gwhsales , I'll post up a new version this weekend. Please remember I do this in my spare time, which, with 90 hours a week @ the real job, is not much.

Thanks a bunch.. It it appreciated! Let me know when and where to look!

Joseph

Thanks a bunch.. It it appreciated! Let me know when and where to look!

Joseph

Actually, there isn't anything I can do on my end to easily fix your syntax error; you need to open:

/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

and search for "tep_get_products_special_price". Once found, look for "s tatus" which should be a line or two down in the tep_db_query command. Because your code will be unique, I can't be more specific than that. Change the "s tatus" to "status" and you should be good to go.

Hi all,

I have read through the posts as it appears some people may have similar issues to me, i was jus looking for some clarification before i get home and start messing about with phpmyadmin.

Basically, i don't appear to be having a problem running the tools menu part of RCS, but when i run the report side i am coming against a problem.

I installed this offline to using easyphp and did not run against a problem, however when i uploaded the new install to my online store these problems appeared, suggesting i have an sql problem with my live database.

No i beleive i have 2 variables which indicate the SQL queries were not executed correctly, here is the error i'm getting when running /stats_recover_cart_sales.php:

1054 - Unknown column 'RCS_PENDING_SALE_STATUS' in 'where clause'

select o.orders_id, o.customers_id, o.date_purchased, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total, ot.value from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where (o.customers_id = 4 OR o.customers_email_address like "" OR o.customers_name like " ") and o.orders_status > RCS_PENDING_SALE_STATUS and s.orders_status_id = o.orders_status and o.date_purchased >= "20060310" and ot.class = "ot_total"

[TEP STOP]

Now i know this has been posted before but please bare with me. I also notice that in the 'show for last ? days' box, rather than displaying the default 90 (i think it is) it is actually displaying RCS_REPORT_DAYS.

To me it appears that something hasn't inserted into the database correctly, but i am unsure how to fix this, as i do not wish to lose all my information in the database already. Is there an easy way to 'undo' the queries entered from the install, and reinsert them into the database? I know it is not a problem with my actual install, as i mentioned before it runs fine on //localhost.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated. I'm not very knowledgeable with SQL, and am just getting to grips with it, so my troubleshooting is quite minimal.

Would it be plausible that a number of lines from the query have not executed, hence the error...and that it is only these that are prominant at this stage, but many more are missing?

Best Regards

Donna

:thumbsup:

Hi all,

I have read through the posts as it appears some people may have similar issues to me, i was jus looking for some clarification before i get home and start messing about with phpmyadmin.

Basically, i don't appear to be having a problem running the tools menu part of RCS, but when i run the report side i am coming against a problem.

I installed this offline to using easyphp and did not run against a problem, however when i uploaded the new install to my online store these problems appeared, suggesting i have an sql problem with my live database.

No i beleive i have 2 variables which indicate the SQL queries were not executed correctly, here is the error i'm getting when running /stats_recover_cart_sales.php:

1054 - Unknown column 'RCS_PENDING_SALE_STATUS' in 'where clause'

select o.orders_id, o.customers_id, o.date_purchased, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total, ot.value from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where (o.customers_id = 4 OR o.customers_email_address like "" OR o.customers_name like " ") and o.orders_status > RCS_PENDING_SALE_STATUS and s.orders_status_id = o.orders_status and o.date_purchased >= "20060310" and ot.class = "ot_total"

[TEP STOP]

Now i know this has been posted before but please bare with me. I also notice that in the 'show for last ? days' box, rather than displaying the default 90 (i think it is) it is actually displaying RCS_REPORT_DAYS.

To me it appears that something hasn't inserted into the database correctly, but i am unsure how to fix this, as i do not wish to lose all my information in the database already. Is there an easy way to 'undo' the queries entered from the install, and reinsert them into the database? I know it is not a problem with my actual install, as i mentioned before it runs fine on //localhost.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated. I'm not very knowledgeable with SQL, and am just getting to grips with it, so my troubleshooting is quite minimal.

Would it be plausible that a number of lines from the query have not executed, hence the error...and that it is only these that are prominant at this stage, but many more are missing?

Best Regards

Donna

From first look I would think that you missed a step in installation, such as putting an entry in the database_tables.php file, or something similar.

Re-check all the installation steps and see how you go.

Cheers,

Chris :)

From first look I would think that you missed a step in installation, such as putting an entry in the database_tables.php file, or something similar.

Re-check all the installation steps and see how you go.

Cheers,

Chris :)

Hi Chris,

Thankfully i managed to figure out the problem with the SQL, basically the problem was with my live database. Whereby everything worked fine offline, confirming that my installation was fine, i decided to re-run the query for RCS, to which i got an error at the first stage, with regards to the scart table already existing.

Therefore i just removed this section from the query, i believe it covered the first couple of lines, ran the query again and the problem was rectified.

Best Regards

Donna

Hi,

Help! No carts being found and one question.

Question : Will this contribution allow the manual transformation of an already paid-for customer basket (cart) into an order? (This is implied by several discussions on the French oscommerce forum, e.g.http://www.oscommerce-fr.info/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=21568&view=findpost&p=114379)

However I see no mention of this functionality in the Install.html. Only description of sending emails.

Ideally in this particular case the email that should go out is the standard one that an order has been placed. (Goal is to address the known incident of the "customer did not return to store after payment" and/or "payment processor did not notify store.")

Problem: I installed in my test store: Recover Cart Sales 2.22 lane 6 Mar 2006

with 2.22 rcs_install.sql file lane 7 Mar 2006

and Fixed Install.html file kinetek 8 Mar 2006

No carts are being found when I press Go in Tools==>Recover Cart Sales but in the database table customer_baskets, there are baskets. For example, one has the date, 20060327 and the user does have an account.

I set Look back days to 60 and Skip days to 0 for testing purposes (I also tried 1 and 60) :

Look back days	  60	   
Skip days 	0 	Info 
Sales Results Report days 	90 	Info 
Use Calculated taxes 	false 	Info 
Use Fixed tax rate 	false 	Info 
Fixed Tax Rate 	.10 	Info 
E-Mail time to live 	90 	Info 
Friendly E-Mails 	true 	Info 
E-Mail Copies to 	[email protected] 	Info 
Show Attributes 	false 	Info 
Ignore Customers with Sessions 	false 	Info 
Current Customer Color 	0000FF 	Info 
Uncontacted hilight color 	9FFF9F 	Info 
Contacted hilight color 	FF9F9F 	Info 
Matching Order Hilight 	9FFFFF 	Info 
Skip Carts w/Matched Orders 	false 	Info 
Autocheck "safe" carts to email 	true 	Info 
Match orders from any date 	true 	Info 
Lowest Pending sales status 	Pending 	Info 
Report Even Row Style 	dataTableRow 	Info 
Report Odd Row Style 		Info

How do I debug this? Should I put echos somewhere? What and where?

Thanksin advance,

India

Edited by IndiaStarker

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

In phpMyAdmin, there is a warning for table scarts that the column scartid should not be a priamry key and an index at the same time.

PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `scartid`

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.