• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Hi all

Can anyone help me i have installed RCS in my shop, but when i want to send an email to my customer i get this error Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 Bad address syntax in www.12shop.dk\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

I hope somone can help me, i cant find the solution.

Best regards

CPIDK

www.12shop.dk

Hi all

Can anyone help me i have installed RCS in my shop, but when i want to send an email to my customer i get this error Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 Bad address syntax in www.12shop.dk\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

It's a bit of a strange message as it looks to be telling you about a syntax (ie, php scripting) error in you email file. However, smtp servers don't do that...

so I would look at my smtp logs and see what was sent to the server and how it responded. Most likely the email address is bad (no @ sign, etc) or similar problem.

I just installed this contribution and now my stores right column, where the specials infobox would be, shows this:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'field list'

select customers_group_id from customers where customers_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

Heres a screenshot of it:

rightcolumn.gif

Dont know what the problem is....

I just installed this contribution and now my stores right column, where the specials infobox would be, shows this:

select customers_group_id from customers where customers_id = ''

Have to be a bit vague, I don't have access to my sources at work, but you copied code from the install instructions instead of from your files. I forget details, but re-check the install instructions...

Yea sorry for not getting back to this, i read through this thread and found my answer and its working pretty good so far, Ive gone into recover_cart_sales.php and edited the links that appear on the email as they werent linking correctly to my site for some reason, actually it wasnt going to my site at all but google seach. I have edited the login and ending the way I like, I just cant figure how to make this code:

if( EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true' )
$mline .= ' <blockquote><a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']) . '">' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']) . "</a></blockquote>\n\n";
	else
$mline .= ' (' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']).")\n\n";

able to reach my site, all its doing in the email is linking this..../catalog/product_info.php?products_id=461, and its not going to my site, really id like to make it not look like a link, but say something like, "Click here to view product(s) above, then link it to the product in question, just a thought. Id be greatful if you help me with this :)

Yea sorry for not getting back to this, i read through this thread and found my answer and its working pretty good so far, Ive gone into recover_cart_sales.php and edited the links that appear on the email as they werent linking correctly to my site for some reason, actually it wasnt going to my site at all but google seach. I have edited the login and ending the way I like, I just cant figure how to make this code:

if( EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true' )
$mline .= ' <blockquote><a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']) . '">' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']) . "</a></blockquote>\n\n";
	else
$mline .= ' (' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']).")\n\n";

able to reach my site, all its doing in the email is linking this..../catalog/product_info.php?products_id=461, and its not going to my site, really id like to make it not look like a link, but say something like, "Click here to view product(s) above, then link it to the product in question, just a thought. Id be greatful if you help me with this :)

Actually there was no file editing needed for the changes you made.... all of your problems, including the one above for the email link, are caused by an incorrectly configured configure.php file. Specifically the domain parameters. Here are mine:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.ifd.com');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.ifd.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.ifd.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.ifd.com');

I think if you edit your config fiile to use real URL information you'll find that the email will then create workable URLs :)

I don't quite follow... this contribution is to remind customers that have "made an order" but not paid. You can set how far back the program looks, and the list ordered by date. To start 30 days back, I'd say set the "back in time" value to 60-90 and then page through the results till you get to 30 days. (Might be good to turn off auto selection when doing this).

lane

"not an order" means a customer has put items in their basket and gotten through the checkout process far enough to have created an account (otherwise you have no way to contact them).

Okey thx a lot. So can I only send an email to the customers that have created a account and "made an order"?

I do not want to send the mail to the customers that have made "not an order".

How should I configure the settings?

Lane-

I'm having a bit of a problem with this contribution after all. When I send out emails to multiple customers, the body of each successive email is being added on to the next customers email. The first customer gets one normal message in their email, the second customer gets that message plus their own tacked on at the end, and so on until the 30th customer gets an email 30 pages long.

This is, at the least, very annoying. I've only gotten one angry email about it so far, but can only hope for what I might find if/when I go in on Sunday.

After browsing through a portion of the thread I didn't find any mention of this particular problem, although I will admit it's Friday and I'm feeling a bit lazy, so I didn't read through the whole thing. Hopefully you won't mind this too much.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Cheers

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I'm having a bit of a problem with this contribution after all. When I send out emails to multiple customers, the body of each successive email is being added on to the next customers email. The first customer gets one normal message in their email, the second customer gets that message plus their own tacked on at the end, and so on until the 30th customer gets an email 30 pages long.

This is, at the least, very annoying. I've only gotten one angry email about it so far, but can only hope for what I might find if/when I go in on Sunday.

After browsing through a portion of the thread I didn't find any mention of this particular problem, although I will admit it's Friday and I'm feeling a bit lazy, so I didn't read through the whole thing. Hopefully you won't mind this too much.

That shouldn't be happening, and I've not heard of anyone complaining about this (plus I use it on my store and never had a test email show this or a customer complain about it). Just to be safe, I looked in the source code and found where the email contents are cleared within the customer loop:

// E-mail Processing - Requires EMAIL_* defines in the
	// includes/languages/english/recover_cart_sales.php file
	$cquery = tep_db_query("select * from orders where customers_id = '".$cid."'" );
	$email = EMAIL_TEXT_LOGIN;

Look for those lines and see if you have the $email = part... without that the email body will not be cleared.

Hope that helps :)

That shouldn't be happening, and I've not heard of anyone complaining about this (plus I use it on my store and never had a test email show this or a customer complain about it). Just to be safe, I looked in the source code and found where the email contents are cleared within the customer loop:
	$cquery = tep_db_query("select * from orders where customers_id = '".$cid."'" );
	$email = EMAIL_TEXT_LOGIN;

Look for those lines and see if you have the $email = part... without that the email body will not be cleared.

Hope that helps :)

Hmmm....

I had

//$email = EMAIL_TEXT_LOGIN;

//if( EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true' )
		 //$email .= '  <a HREF="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL')  . '</a>';
	 //else
		 //$email .= '  (' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . ')';

//$email .= "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n\n";

I guess I was doing some ill-advised editing here. At first I didn't remember doing this, then it dawned on me- I didn't want that bit about logging in to your account at the top of the email. I had completely forgotten about that.

Thanks Lane- incidentally, how would I go about not having the login text in the email, but still have the emails formed properly?

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hmmm....

I had

//$email = EMAIL_TEXT_LOGIN;

//$email .= '  <a HREF="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL')  . '</a>';
	 //else
		 //$email .= '  (' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . ')';

//$email .= "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n\n";

I guess I was doing some ill-advised editing here. At first I didn't remember doing this, then it dawned on me- I didn't want that bit about logging in to your account at the top of the email. I had completely forgotten about that.

Thanks Lane- incidentally, how would I go about not having the login text in the email, but still have the emails formed properly?

Yea, you could go into the language file and make it an empty string :) Or, if you prefer editing code you could say: $email = "";

Okey thx a lot. So can I only send an email to the customers that have created a account and "made an order"?

I do not want to send the mail to the customers that have made "not an order".

How should I configure the settings?

Hopefully I read this correctly to say "I want to send emails to customers who have placed orders", yes? If that is the case, there will be no orders not placed or customers without an account (you have to create an account to place an order, and you had to place an order to have made an order). :)

To do that, use the mailing list feature of the stock osC distribution. This contribution is not made to do that, it's made specifically to address contacting customers who started an order but not completed it for whatever reason.

Yea, you could go into the language file and make it an empty string :) Or, if you prefer editing code you could say: $email = "";

Ok, thanks. Now I have this:

/ E-mail Processing - Requires EMAIL_* defines in the
	 $email = '';

//else

$email .= '<BR>';

if (RCS_EMAIL_FRIENDLY == 'true')
	  $email .= EMAIL_TEXT_SALUTATION . $inrec['fname'] . ",";
   else
	  $email .= STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

Is this safe? I've sent out a test message to two email accounts that I run and both messages were good, but now I'm snakebit. I'm reluctant to send out more than one at a time to real customers with my strange editing skills at work.

Ok, thanks. Now I have this:

/ E-mail Processing - Requires EMAIL_* defines in the
	 $email = '';

//else

$email .= '<BR>';

if (RCS_EMAIL_FRIENDLY == 'true')
	  $email .= EMAIL_TEXT_SALUTATION . $inrec['fname'] . ",";
   else
	  $email .= STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

Is this safe? I've sent out a test message to two email accounts that I run and both messages were good, but now I'm snakebit. I'm reluctant to send out more than one at a time to real customers with my strange editing skills at work.

Looks safe, best I can tell from this quick perusal :)

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I just installed the contrib and it is great!

but i got an error in the tools section of the admin

select customers_group_id from osc_customers where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

and it doesnt seem to be reading the DB.

pls help.

it also wont show up in the config box.

thanks

Edited by bonhommie

is it possible to delete the person's entire cart once they've been emailed?

most of the time if they do come back as a result of the inquiry mail, they empty and redo their cart anyways

HI

I just installed the contrib and it is great!

but i got an error in the tools section of the admin

select customers_group_id from osc_customers where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

and it doesnt seem to be reading the DB.

pls help.

it also wont show up in the config box.

thanks

You copied my code from the instructions instead of following the instructions and copying them from your code. Apologies for the short reply, but deadlines at work.

is it possible to delete the person's entire cart once they've been emailed?

most of the time if they do come back as a result of the inquiry mail, they empty and redo their cart anyways

It is possible, but this contribution doesn't have such an option at this time.

i'm trying to install this on a second shop, and while i was successful the first time, i cannot remember what i did to get rid of the errors.

i THOUGHT i edited out all instances of the customer_group call, but i must have messed something else up.

here's the error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/**/public_html/**/includes/functions/general.php on line 532

on line 532:

return $product['specials_new_products_price'];

all of the errors occur with general.php

can anyone offer a suggestion?

i'm trying to install this on a second shop, and while i was successful the first time, i cannot remember what i did to get rid of the errors.

i THOUGHT i edited out all instances of the customer_group call, but i must have messed something else up.

here's the error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/**/public_html/**/includes/functions/general.php on line 532

on line 532:

return $product['specials_new_products_price'];

all of the errors occur with general.php

can anyone offer a suggestion?

Yep... you edited out some required HTML or PHP ... what you have basically says that the file can no longer be parsed. Do a file compare with your backup and see where the syntax changes. (ie, where a { or } is missing, etc.)

You copied my code from the instructions instead of following the instructions and copying them from your code. Apologies for the short reply, but deadlines at work.

Hey!

yeah thanks. i figured that out shortly after. works great now, except that when i click "send email" it doesn't send any.

I've tried to figure it out, but can't.

When i click send email, it just refreshes the page and no email is sent.

Please help.

Hey!

yeah thanks. i figured that out shortly after. works great now, except that when i click "send email" it doesn't send any.

I've tried to figure it out, but can't.

When i click send email, it just refreshes the page and no email is sent.

Please help.

Hard to say with the little we know, but the two most common problems are with either the install and/or setup of the imap module on your system (not likely if other emails work, but still possible) or with the email addresses, format or message being sent. To find out on the later, try printing the contents to the screen or a file where you can diagnose.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, thanks for the great contribution.

I have a problem that occasionally customers skip out of the payment system before it can return them to my shop. I get the payment, but according to OSCommerce their transaction appears to not have gone through.

I've recently installed Recover Cart and I love it, but is there any way that an extra button can be put into the tools screen that allows you to say that a payment has been made for a transaction? It would be very handy!

Firstly, thanks for the great contribution.

I have a problem that occasionally customers skip out of the payment system before it can return them to my shop. I get the payment, but according to OSCommerce their transaction appears to not have gone through.

I've recently installed Recover Cart and I love it, but is there any way that an extra button can be put into the tools screen that allows you to say that a payment has been made for a transaction? It would be very handy!

This is a problem we also run into on occasion, mainly with PayPal but also on occasion with the standard credit card processing (which never leaves our site).

I've not been able to find a way to update an order with payment information, so I'd be interested in a solution as well :)

It is possible, but this contribution doesn't have such an option at this time.

great! hopefully this could be included in a future release? :)

Yep... you edited out some required HTML or PHP ... what you have basically says that the file can no longer be parsed. Do a file compare with your backup and see where the syntax changes. (ie, where a { or } is missing, etc.)

that did the trick, thank you