• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

I have just uploaded v1.70 of this contribution, with the following changes:

# Added example listings of the tep_ functions referenced

# Added ability to ignore customers with active sessions. Based on idea/code by Richard Lindsey, and expanded to work with DB or file based sessions

# Removed custom IFD store text from customer emails. Now has fully generic text

# Added FAQ section to instruction file

# Updated special pricing code to handle negative special pricing as "none" (as well as zero)

# Updated instruction and sql files

Download the latest version here

help. :'(

well...i just installed v1.70, plus updated that one piece of code per the last contribution entry. I can't get it to work???? Nothing updates in db table 'scart'. i have tried abandoning my cart every way i can think of...

i've gone over the 1.70 install instructions over and over and over but i can't figure it out!!! i used to code a bit back in the day... i can't figure out the general way that it works using the 4 admin files and the couple of updates to non-admin files.

the client side won't use the admin files, correct? and the non-admin files don't appear to be what i was expecting to do what the mod does.

i know this going to be a great mod...i am just missing the big picture here. i can't see the forest b/c of all the trees in the way!

have i missed a packet of files that needed to be installed before the v1.70

i can't quite think of a way to trouble-shoot this...

thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

T-DOGG

help.  :'(

well...i just installed v1.70, plus updated that one piece of code per the last contribution entry.  I can't get it to work????  Nothing updates in db table 'scart'.  i have tried abandoning my cart every way i can think of...

I am not sure what that last contribution entry does, but the 1.70 release I put up works for several people, including me.
i've gone over the 1.70 install instructions over and over and over but i can't figure it out!!!  i used to code a bit back in the day... i can't figure out the general way that it works using the 4 admin files and the couple of updates to non-admin files. 
Did you follow the usage instructions?
the client side won't use the admin files, correct? and the non-admin files don't appear to be what i was expecting to do what the mod does. 

I need more info than you provided; you don't say what doesn't work.

As for the scart table, of course nothing will update there by simply abandoning carts. That table is ONLY used when you email customers who abandoned a cart. That table only tracks who has been contacted.

I am not sure what that last contribution entry does, but the 1.70 release I put up works for several people, including me.

Did you follow the usage instructions?

I need more info than you provided; you don't say what doesn't work.

As for the scart table, of course nothing will update there by simply abandoning carts. That table is ONLY used when you email customers who abandoned a cart. That table only tracks who has been contacted.

I knew it was too late last night to be putting this contib in!!! COMPLETELY MISSED THE FUNCTIONALITY UNDER TOOLS ON MY ADMIN PAGE!!! :-"

I knew the contrib was good-to-go....I just couldn't figure out I was missing!!!

signed,

apparently-blind-as-a-bat B)

• 2 weeks later...
I knew it was too late last night to be putting this contib in!!!  COMPLETELY MISSED THE FUNCTIONALITY UNDER TOOLS ON MY ADMIN PAGE!!!  :-"

I knew the contrib was good-to-go....I just couldn't figure out I was missing!!!

signed,

apparently-blind-as-a-bat  B)

Hopefully the new version's better labels will help future bats :lol:

Absolutely wonderful contribution ! - I am going to go and upgrade to the latest. It has been incredibly helpful to me and has saved me countless sales. - A big Thank you !

Is it possible to be able to get a copy of the email automatically sent to Admin as well as the customer? Does anyone know what code I would need to add / amend ?

(I get the extra Order emails and would like to do the same for all customer correspondence)

Thanks again !

Absolutely wonderful contribution ! - I am going to go and upgrade to the latest.  It has been incredibly helpful to me and has saved me countless sales. - A big Thank you !

Is it possible to be able to get a copy of the email automatically sent to Admin as well as the customer?  Does anyone know what code I would need to add / amend ?

(I get the extra Order emails and would like to do the same for all customer correspondence)

Glad it's helping you out :)

As for a copy of the sale; I've always just go to the store, login (I have a test user account), add an item to my cart, hit Checkout and then switch to the admin area and run RCS. This is actually much less work than it sounds in my case, as I almost always have an abandoned cart anyway. (In fact, currently several of us have noticed a ... problem? situation? ... where our test accounts are now always listed in the RCS w/an abandoned cart. Haven't had the motivation to investigate this as it's actually useful to me for this very reason :)

I am sorry, I wasnt clear. I dont want an example of the email. I have done that, just in the manner you describe. I add notes to each email - I would like to receive a copy of the exact email that my customer receives, everytime I send one out.

Just like receiving copies of the order emails with every sale.

I am sorry, I wasnt clear.  I dont want an example of the email.  I have done that, just in the manner you describe.  I add notes to each email - I would like to receive a copy of the exact email that my customer receives, everytime I send one out. 

Just like receiving copies of the order emails with every sale.

Aha... ok, so you basically want to be cc'd on every email sent. That's not too hard, and would be an easy thing to add in a future update (as an option). In the meantime, you can modify the code if you desire; just concat the email address you want to the customer's.

Around line 280 look for this:

$custname = $inrec['fname']." ".$inrec['lname'];

tep_mail($custname, $inrec['email'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

and change it to this:

$custname = '"' . $inrec['fname'].' '.$inrec['lname'] . '" <' . $inrec['email'] . '>, ' . SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO;

tep_mail('',$custname, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Hope that helps, it's off the cuff so syntax errors might exist but the basics are taken from working code. (You can change "SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO" to whatever you want)

This would be a good idea, please let us know if it works. I posted before wondering if there was a way to insert automatic comments to the email that is sent.

thanks

Elizabeth

Please explain how you think automatic comments would work and what benefit you see them providing. This will help me determine if it's something I can add in a future version.

I have installed the latest version of this contrib in a brand new install of OSC and I am having a small problem. Everythign went in fien and there are no erros but when I runthe quiery it tells me that it searched zero records and found zero carts.

Working... Recover Cart Sales Report v2.00 Show for last days

Examined Records: 0

Recovered Sales: 0 (Possible sales from customers who abanoned carts & were notified via RCS)

Any idea how to fix this as I know there are abandoned carts. I made threee of them myself.

I've just installed the new versionof RCS! It's gerat but I have some problems:

I can't change the following parameters because they are not shown:

Current Customer  0000FF

Uncontacted Hilight    80FFFF

Contacted Hilight    FF9FA2

Why doesn't this work? Why can I not see these settings?

Another Problem which I have is this:

rcs_problem.jpg

There is a big black line where information about the customer, email and the article is, but you can't read this. Where can I change this color???

Please help!

Edited by Muecke

I have installed the latest version of this contrib in a brand new install of OSC and I am having a small problem. Everythign went in fien and there are no erros but when I runthe quiery it tells me that it searched zero records and found zero carts.

Working...  Recover Cart Sales Report v2.00 Show for last  days 

Examined Records:  0

Recovered Sales:  0 (Possible sales from customers who abanoned carts & were notified via RCS) 

Any idea how to fix this as I know there are abandoned carts. I made threee of them myself.

Yep, that is the correct result.

See the instructions in the install.html file for how to run the tool that will actually do the work that the report then uses.

I can't change the following parameters because they are not shown:

Current Customer  0000FF

Uncontacted Hilight    80FFFF

Contacted Hilight    FF9FA2

:angry: Doh! Those used to be in the install instructions! Must have accidently deleted them in the update. I've put up a new archive, 2.01, but you will need to perform these SQL statements to get the configuration items you are missing:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
  VALUES ('', 'Current Customer Color', 'RCS_CURCUST_COLOR', '0000FF', "Color for the word/phrase used to notate a current customer<br><br>A current customer is someone who has purchased items from your store in the past.", 6501, 50, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
  VALUES ('', 'Uncontacted hilight color', 'RCS_UNCONTACTED_COLOR', '80FFFF', "Row highlight color for uncontacted customers.<br><br>An uncontacted customer is one that you have <i>not</i> used this tool to send an email to before.", 6501, 60, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'Contacted hilight color', 'RCS_CONTACTED_COLOR', 'FF9FA2', "Row highlight color for contacted customers.<br><br>An contacted customer is one that you <i>have</i> used this tool to send an email to before.", 6501, 70, NULL, NOW(), '', '');

Sorry about that!

Edited by lane

I'm kind of stuck, I have the colors working on my local machine, I have uploaded to main server new files & sql updates from 1.70 to 2.0

trippled checked and still no go.

any Ideas ?

Jimmy

Edited by RI Downlink

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

I'm kind of stuck, I have the colors working on my local machine, I have uploaded to main server new files & sql updates from 1.70 to 2.0

trippled checked and still no go.

any Ideas ?

Jimmy

Never mind I got it, just make shure you have a sale pending to turn the recover carts listing green.

Thats kind of neat feature since you can tell who abanonded at checkout, especialy at the paypal site.

Great work !!!!!!!!

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

This works really well! (using MS2) I did a reply to one of my test accounts, and the PS text  came just after the Cart Contents, and before the "We are always interested in knowing what..." text.

The Readme file said the PS mesage would be after the signature...

(This was tested on a customer acount that had previosly made a purchase from the store)

how did you get it to work?

what version did you use?

i tried 1.70 and 2.01, and neither one works.

i follow the directions in the contribution zip file to the "T" and it doesn't work.

i see what i'm suppose to see in the admin section, but when making test purchases nothing shows up in the "tools - recover cart sales" section when pushing the "go" button.

what is going on.....are the directions for installing it faulty?

please, anynoe.....someone help me.

the step where i edit general.php is where i get confused...

when i add this:

//Begin SPC

global $customer_id;

$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");

$customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query);

//End SPC

my site no longer opens.

when i remove it...my site opens again but the recover cart doesn't work.

the instructions say that general.php is located in catalog/functions/

but that's not the where i found it.

i found it in includes/functions/

and the admin one is not located here:

catalog/admin/functions/

it's located here:

catalog/admin/includes/functions/

this is why i say....."are the instructions wrong?"

what are the correct steps to take, files to change, lines to add, etc?

Would it matter if my admin folder is not called admin?

what would i have to change in the recover cart system if my admin folder is called something else?

please advise.

Thanks

in step 6...

do these 2 lines:

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO', 'product_info.php');

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'login.php');

go in database_tables.php or filenames.php?

in this section of general.php

this is my original code:

// Return a product's special price (returns nothing if there is no offer)

// TABLES: products

function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and status");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['specials_new_products_price'];

}

////

this is what the instructions say to change it to:

// Return a product's special price (returns nothing if there is no offer)

// TABLES: products

function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {

//Begin SPC

global $customer_id;

$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");

$customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query);

//End SPC

what am i suppose to do with these three lines (from the original code):

$product_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and status");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['specials_new_products_price'];

am i suppose to leave them in or remove them?

This whole install process is confusing!