• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

all working fine but this goes on email out

DECLINED CHARGE:

If your credit card was declined at our store it was most likely due to the address you entered not matching the billing address for the card or because your bank declined the charge. We will be happy to call you and take your order over the phone, just email [email protected] with your phone # and a good time to call you.

PAYPAL: You might also want to try using paypal, it is easy and does not require you to have a paypal account, you can just use your credit card normally. PayPal is able to accept more credit cards than we can. To use paypal, leave the credit card info blank on our site, and check the PayPal option just below those fields. You will enter your credit card information on the secure paypal site.

how do i remove it

and also where did this email address come from in red

Regards Andy

right sorted it lol#

but it still shows me as un contacted

even though i have sent and recieved the email

Regards Andy

all working fine but this goes on email out

DECLINED CHARGE:

...[email protected]  with your phone # and a good time to call you.

PAYPAL: You might also want to try using paypal, ...

how do i remove it

and also where did this email address come from in red

Regards Andy

Edit your catalog/admin/includes/english/recover_cart_sales.php file where all of the language text is defined.

Apolgoies for this; in trying to make sure I merged all my updates I accidently put in my version of the text with the declined charge and paypal paragraphs. I've fixed this so the next release will be corrected.

As for your uncontacted issue I am also seeing that on my test account. I have never seen this on a customer account so I am thinking it must have to due with my test orders being "corrupt" (at least according to my order status tool).

Edited by lane

After installing the upgrades to recover carts, I see this in mt catalog store:

1146 - Table 'sweetd73_osc1.TABLE_COUNTER' doesn't exist

select startdate, counter from TABLE_COUNTER

I can not call a page up. So I ran a backup recovery and I now get this:

I don't have a clue what is trying to call that non-existant table up but, recovering did not fix the problem.... any ideas??? despertley needing help.

Thank you.

oh the address to this is http://www.sweetdeal4u.biz/catalog/index.php

After installing the upgrades to recover carts, I see this in mt catalog store:

I can not call a page up. So I ran a backup recovery and I now get this:

There is nothing in RCS about any such table. (ie, the contribution itself could not cause this error).

Sounds like you used something like phpMyAdmin to update the DB with the new configuration values (which adds no tables) and accidently deleted your control table. (ie, mysql uses a DB to manage it's users, other DB's, etc. Sounds like this is what got deleted).

The only thing I can suggest is restore from backup. You did backup right? That is step #1 in the document in big bold red letters because accidently click the wrong button in myphpadmin (or typing the wrong command, or copying the wrong file, or...) can lead to severe problems.

There is nothing in RCS about any such table. (ie, the contribution itself could not cause this error).

Sounds like you used something like phpMyAdmin to update the DB with the new configuration values (which adds no tables) and accidently deleted your control table. (ie, mysql uses a DB to manage it's users, other DB's, etc. Sounds like this is what got deleted).

The only thing I can suggest is restore from backup. You did backup right? That is step #1 in the document in big bold red letters because accidently click the wrong button in myphpadmin (or typing the wrong command, or copying the wrong file, or...) can lead to severe problems.

Yes of course I backed up my files.. my osc files. Did I backup mysql.... NO, thats ok, I figured this was not from anyting in this contribution as nothing in this contribution called upon this table. Funny thing is, I can go to my admin page just fine, I can go to all my other web pages... Just not osc... I will contact my server tech support and see what they say.

I do thank you for your help... and I great contribution... Just wish I had not screwed it up.

Yes of course I backed up my files.. my osc files. Did I backup mysql.... NO, thats ok, I figured this was not from anyting in this contribution as nothing in this contribution called upon this table. Funny thing is, I can go to my admin page just fine, I can go to all my other web pages... Just not osc... I will contact my server tech support and see what they say.

I do thank you for your help... and I great contribution... Just wish I had not screwed it up.

Yea, it's easy to forget to backup the mysql files. I found the best thing to do was to create a cron job that backed up the entier osc directory and the entire mysql data directory everyday. Now the worse I can loose is 23hrs of data... and since I typically modify my site after the backup time it's usually only 2-4 hours.

If you can get to your admin area then your mysql DB is ok, and I can't figure out what the catalog could be requesting that would get the error you have. I did a google and found several hits. Here's a link to one that might help. Seems you may have a syntax error in the catalog database config file (RCS doesn't modify the catalog or admin config files).

ps: I googled for ".TABLE_COUNTER' doesn't exist"

Edited by lane

Yea, it's easy to forget to backup the mysql files. I found the best thing to do was to create a cron job that backed up the entier osc directory and the entire mysql data directory everyday. Now the worse I can loose is 23hrs of data... and since I typically modify my site after the backup time it's usually only 2-4 hours.

If you can get to your admin area then your mysql DB is ok, and I can't figure out what the catalog could be requesting that would get the error you have.  I did a google and found several hits. Here's a link to one that might help. Seems you may have a syntax error in the catalog database config file (RCS doesn't modify the catalog or admin config files).

ps: I googled for ".TABLE_COUNTER' doesn't exist"

ok, LMAO, after 2 days I finaly figured it all out. I had placed filnames.php in my catalog/includes file instead of my catalog/admin/includes. As well as a few others. All straightend out now. I even re-installed your contribution again... this time with only one hitch. I don't see the recover carts in the configuration box. I have the report under reports, and the tool under tools, but I do not have the configure RCS anywhere.

I went back over the install instructions, and checked to see any referance to that box, so far I don't see it... Do you have a sign post? Or maybe a hint as to what direction to go?

ok, LMAO, after 2 days I finaly figured it all out. I had placed filnames.php in my catalog/includes file instead of my catalog/admin/includes. As well as a few others. All straightend out now.
Glad to hear it! :)

I don't see the recover carts in the configuration box. I have the report under reports, and the tool under tools, but I do not have the configure RCS anywhere. I went back over the install instructions, and checked to see any referance to that box, so far I don't see it... Do you have a sign post? Or maybe a hint as to what direction to go?

That would be because you didn't update the configuration DB, per step 2 of the update instructions (I am assuming update since you had this previously installed). Here are the DB operations required to update from a previous RCS install:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )
  VALUES ('6501', 'Recover Cart Sales', 'Recover Cart Sales (RCS) Configuration Values', '15', '1');

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
  VALUES ('', 'Look back days', 'RCS_BASE_DAYS', '30', "Number of days to look back from today for abandoned cards.", 6501, 10, NULL, NOW(), '', '');

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
  VALUES ('', 'E-Mail time to live', 'RCS_EMAIL_TTL', '90', "Number of days to give for emails before they no longer show as being sent", 6501, 20, NULL, NOW(), '', '');

VALUES ('', 'Friendly E-Mails', 'RCS_EMAIL_FRIENDLY', 'true', "If <b>true</b> then the customer's name will be used in the greeting. If <b>false</b> then a generic greeting will be used.", 6501, 30, NULL, NOW(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");

VALUES ('', 'Show Attributes', 'RCS_SHOW_ATTRIBUTES', 'false', "Controls display of item attributes.<br><br>Some sites have attributes for their items.<br><br>Set this to <b>true</b> if yours does and you want to show them, otherwise set to <b>false</b>.", 6501, 40, NULL, NOW(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");

VALUES ('', 'Current Customer Color', 'RCS_CURCUST_COLOR', '0000FF', "Color for the word/phrase used to notate a current customer<br><br>A current customer is someone who has purchased items from your store in the past.", 6501, 50, NULL, NOW(), '', '');

VALUES ('', 'Uncontacted hilight color', 'RCS_UNCONTACTED_COLOR', '80FFFF', "Row highlight color for uncontacted customers.<br><br>An uncontacted customer is one that you have <i>not</i> used this tool to send an email to before.", 6501, 60, NULL, NOW(), '', '');

VALUES ('', 'Contacted hilight color', 'RCS_CONTACTED_COLOR', 'FF9FA2', "Row highlight color for contacted customers.<br><br>An contacted customer is one that you <i>have</i> used this tool to send an email to before.", 6501, 70, NULL, NOW(), '', '');

The first insert creates the RCS configuration group & the rest create the configuration items for that goup. NOTE: I used 6501 as my group id as that seemed to be a # that should be open. I also set the sort order to 15 as that worked on my site. You may need to change the group id from 6501 if another contribution uses it.

There is also an rcs_update.sql file you can use if that's more convienent for you.

You can check all of this with phpMyAdmin by logging into your server, opening your osC database and inspecting the 'configuration_group' table (for the group) and the 'configuration' table (for the individual settings). If you have more than one group with the id 6501, or if you have a group other than RCS with id 6501, then you need to find and replace '6501' in the sql file with an available id #.

Hope this helps :)

PS: as the update.html file states, that document does not have any usage info, only the bare minimum steps required to update from a previous install. Be sure to read the install.html file for instructions on how to set the configuration paremeters, etc. Also, it's a good idea to read the version history install.html as well to find out what's changed.

PS: as the update.html file states, that document does not have any usage info, only the bare minimum steps required to update from a previous install. Be sure to read the install.html file for instructions on how to set the configuration paremeters, etc. Also, it's a good idea to read the version history install.html as well to find out what's changed.

Thanks, I'll try running the inserts again.. Ran them the first time, before I did my backup, did not think I had to do that step again, but, I will give it a try...Thanks again.

Thanks, I'll try running the inserts again.. Ran them the first time, before I did my backup, did not think I had to do that step again, but, I will give it a try...Thanks again.

Ok, starting to feel stupid. That did the trick.... A great and usfull contribution... They sure ought to have this in the next release.

Ok, starting to feel stupid. That did the trick.... A great and usfull contribution... They sure ought to have this in the next release.

:D Glad to hear it's working now :D

I think you have made a good case for a FAQ document...

:'(

I might be swedish but I can't get the mail to be sent. I've been waiting for hours for two mails as reminders for test.

What has gone wrong here ??

// Storeman:-

Unfortunately I have no idea; the contribution uses the standard osC tep_ main functions. If this isn't sending mail out then neither is your store.

Unfortunately I have no idea; the contribution uses the standard osC tep_ main functions. If this isn't sending mail out then neither is your store.

I definetly get a mail sent after orders are being made. But not you RSC mail that would be execellent to send to customers.

By the way, this is a really neat pice you've created.

I hope I can get it working........ :D

I definetly get a mail sent after orders are being made. But not you RSC mail that would be execellent to send to customers.

By the way, this is a really neat pice you've created.

I hope I can get it working........  :D

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions. I can only think that the email address RCS uses isn't setup (it's a configuration setting) or that you made an error in the language file which is causing the email to be invalid.

Put some echo's in the code and see what RCS sees as your email address, email message, etc. That's how you will figure out what is happening.

I have a question that I hope is an easy one. Where is the email english file. When a customer is sent an email my address shows up as http://oldworldcharms.net//

I would like to get rid of the forward slashes at the end. This is also happening when I send a coupon so hopefully it might fix both.

Thanks for your help

Elizabeth

I have a question that I hope is an easy one. Where is the email english file. When a customer is sent an email my address shows up as http://oldworldcharms.net//

I would like to get rid of the forward slashes at the end. This is also happening when I send a coupon so hopefully it might fix both.

Thanks for your help

Elizabeth

You entered your store URL incorrectly in the store's Configuration. (configure.php)

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions. I can only think that the email address RCS uses isn't setup (it's a configuration setting) or that you made an error in the language file which is causing the email to be invalid.

Put some echo's in the code and see what RCS sees as your email address, email message, etc. That's how you will figure out what is happening.

I'll try that. Thank you once again....... :-"

Good evening.. I just installed the newst version and I LOVE being able to set the colors and stuff...but when I did a test it shows all the prices for everything in the cart at $-1.00 ??

Now I had the old version so I dropped the 'scart table' becasue when i tried to update it with the code given in the install it said it already existed. Should I have run the sql file in the package if I drop the table entirely?

Thanks!

Can you verify I have the addition in teh admin/includes/functions/general.php correct?

Step 6:

Open catalog/functions/general.php and find the function:

tep_get_products_special_price

Copy this function and paste it into catalog/admin/functions/general.php after

tep_set_specials_status

This is what I have

// Sets the status of a product on special

function tep_set_specials_status($specials_id, $status) {

if ($status == '1') {

return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " set status = '1', expires_date = NULL, date_status_change = NULL where specials_id = '" . (int)$specials_id . "'");

} elseif ($status == '0') {

return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " set status = '0', date_status_change = now() where specials_id = '" . (int)$specials_id . "'");

} else {

return -1;

}

}

function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {

if ($status == '1') {

return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " set status = '1', expires_date = NULL, date_status_change = NULL where specials_id = '" . (int)$specials_id . "'");

return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " set status = '0', date_status_change = now() where specials_id = '" . (int)$specials_id . "'");

} else {

return -1;

}

}

Now I had the old version so I dropped the 'scart table' becasue when i tried to update it with the code given in the install it said it already existed.  Should I have run the sql file in the package if I drop the table entirely?

Thanks!

That's because you used the "install" instructions instead of the "update" instructions. (ie, the update SQL does not try to create the scart table).

Should still be fine, you will just not have some previous data.

Can you verify I have the addition in teh admin/includes/functions/general.php correct?

Step 6:

Open catalog/functions/general.php and find the function:

tep_get_products_special_price

Copy this function and paste it into catalog/admin/functions/general.php after

tep_set_specials_status

This is what I have

// Sets the status of a product on special

function tep_set_specials_status($specials_id, $status) {

if ($status == '1') {

} else {

return -1;

}

}

function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {

if ($status == '1') {

} else {

return -1;

}

}

This looks correct, but it's just different than what I have. (which is why you copy/paste instead of using my code :) )

The solution is pretty simple; edit "recover_cart_sales.php" in you admin directory. Around lines 186 and 389 find this:

$sprice = tep_get_products_special_price( $inrec['pid'] );
 if( !$sprice )

and change it to this:

if( $sprice > 0 )

I'll make this change to the contribution as well for the next update, as it will not break existing sites the work with the current code.

Thanks!

The above is incorrect; this is the correct directions:

Edit "recover_cart_sales.php" in you admin directory. Around lines 186 and 389 find this:

if( !$sprice )

and change it to this:

if( $sprice > 0 )