• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Thank you lane, I appreciate your reply.  This has me baffled? Perhaps you are using a different version of MySQL. My server is running MySQL 4.0.22. 

I am using 4.0.20 ... should not make a difference. The only thing I can think of is that you have some invisible character in that statement. Try typing the code on new lines below the existing ones and then deleting the existing. Only a guess, but it looks the same as mine.

FWIW; I am no PHP expert, nor a mysql expert. I'm barely knowledgable on them, mainly doing my mods via search/rip-off coding :)

I am using 4.0.20 ... should not make a difference. The only thing I can think of is that you have some invisible character in that statement. Try typing the code on new lines below the existing ones and then deleting the existing. Only a guess, but it looks the same as mine.

Thanks for the idea Lane, I tried that, but still no luck.

Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I think I've run into a roadblock here.

best regards

Barry

I've tracked down the problem to this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2784

It is some problem in the latest post - 18 Feb 2005 - More Control to costumers.php

The 17 Feb 2005 - Error Update contribution works fine, but the manual instructions in the 18 Feb post cause the error. It must be my misunderstanding of the instructions. This is a very useful update to the contribution (you can sort the customers by first name, last name, date account created etc) except that for some reason it causes an error in the search function (at least the way I interpreted the instructions).

If anyone has installed this contribution successfully could you please post the new customers.php file on the contribution page: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2784

thanks!

geeze, it's amazing what happens to a tool when you give it away. Lane, thanks for cleaning up the "reporting" that I woosed out on. Looking good.

iantates and Elizabeth,

I just added these to defines to the filenames.php file.

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO', 'product_info.php');

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'create_account.php');

Seems to work for us.

But you may want to use

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'login.php');

Paul

iantates and Elizabeth,

I just added these to defines to the filenames.php file.

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'create_account.php');

Seems to work for us.

But you may want to use

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'login.php');

Paul

I'm not sure which is best in this case, as the first is best if they do not have an account and the 2nd if the do. No way to really figure that out.

However, that said, the define for FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN must be "login.php" (there are other contributions which use this define, if it's wrong you could break something.)

Yea. you are right. I probably shouldn't have posted the first example as it's specific to the site. We don't use the "login" page.

So, you are definately right. Most would use the second one.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
I think I've installed this contribution as it should have been installed but when I search for "abadoned carts" I have:

Examined Records: 0

Sales: 0

And it doesn't matter how much days I check.

I know there is my test abadoned cart and it's not showing.

The scart database is empty. (Just as it was when it was added).

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Raul

I have just installed on MS2 and I have this same priblem and I made a cart and abandonded it and I see nothing in the reopr?? Can anyone help me? Thanks!

I got it to work but only after I added this which the install instructions said was only for MS1. I made the change and it works great!

4a) **FOR MS1 ONLY INSERT THEN GOTO STEP 6**

Edit /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php and add:

define('FILENAME_RECOVER_CART_SALES', 'recover_cart_sales.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_RECOVER_CART_SALES', 'stats_recover_cart_sales.php');

define('TABLE_SCART', 'scart');

But the links in the email are not clickable anyway to make them clickable? you guys and gals are the best thanks!

First off, Of all the contributions I have added this is by far one that I know is going to be the most usefull. However there is a problem I have to fix I assume its from all the other cont. I have added but I can not figure out where its coming from

The problem is the some of the links are not working right here are the three broken links

Login to your account here: (https://www.trueoutdoorlife.com/store/FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN)

note that filename_catalog_login should not be there. I think it should be /login.php

?

and the product link

(http://www.trueoutdoorlife.com/store/FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO?products_id=33{1}14{2}17)

please note here other than the obvious the actual product id is 37

I would greatly apreciate any help on this.. Even if you can just give me an idea of where these errors are coming in from I would assume the product info page because I have done so much editing of that .. but that wouldnt explain the login page... im lost..

I have just installed on MS2 and I have this same priblem and I made a cart and abandonded it and I see nothing in the reopr?? Can anyone help me? Thanks!

That would be correct; because you have not attempted to recover any carts. Go to the tools section and use the Recover Carts feature to send out emails to people with abandoned carts. Then you will get #s in the report part of this contribution.

I got it to work but only after I added this which the install instructions said was only for MS1. I made the change and it works great!

4a) **FOR MS1 ONLY INSERT THEN GOTO STEP 6**

Edit /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php and add:

define('FILENAME_RECOVER_CART_SALES', 'recover_cart_sales.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_RECOVER_CART_SALES', 'stats_recover_cart_sales.php');

define('TABLE_SCART', 'scart');

But the links in the email are not clickable anyway to make them clickable? you guys and gals are the best thanks!

4a is only for MS1, so if that was required to get it working then either you didn't put that in the language file or you have MS1.

The links are clickable in all the email apps I've tried, but then I only set them up for text based emails and not HTML. If someone else want's to put that in the can, I think there might even be a system wide configuration option that could be checked to choose which (text/html) to use. (I personally have my email programs setup to automatically delete all HTML email that comes in.)

First off, Of all the contributions I have added this is by far one that I know is going to be the most usefull. However there is a problem I have to fix I assume its from all the other cont. I have added but I can not figure out where its coming from

The problem is the some of the links are not working right here are the three broken links

Login to your account here: (https://www.trueoutdoorlife.com/store/FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN)

note that filename_catalog_login should not be there. I think it should be /login.php

?

and the product link

(http://www.trueoutdoorlife.com/store/FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO?products_id=33{1}14{2}17)

please note here other than the obvious the actual product id is 37

I would greatly apreciate any help on this.. Even if you can just give me an idea of where these errors are coming in from I would assume the product info page because I have done so much editing of that .. but that wouldnt explain the login page... im lost..

The two problem defines (FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN and FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO) are in my admin areas filenames.php. This could be because of another contribution (ie, it might not be in the base MS2 release).

This is easy to fix, just need to add two lines to /catalog/admin/filenames.php:

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN','login.php');

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO','product_info.php');

NOTE: I do not have my source handy (out of town this week), so this is off the top of my head, I think it is probably wrong as I think you may need to prefix those to prevent them from refering to the admin area. Sorry about this, but if you have not been able to fix it by next Monday please repost and I can give you the extact defines to use.

I guess I need to update the install instructions to cover this contingency :)

4a is only for MS1, so if that was required to get it working then either you didn't put that in the language file or you have MS1.

The links are clickable in all the email apps I've tried, but then I only set them up for text based emails and not HTML. If someone else want's to put that in the can, I think there might even be a system wide configuration option that could be checked to choose which (text/html) to use. (I personally have my email programs setup to automatically delete all HTML email that comes in.)

Thank you Lame so much for your promnpt response. What I did (I am kind of embarrased to say) is I went toe the reports and saw nothing when I went to the tools sectin it worked and fabu too!!

I will make the change to text email thanks!

well that did it chaning to non html makes hte links work but the spacing is horrible *giggles* I took out many line spaces but still looks funny. ANy way to make the links clickable in html format? thanks

You would have to edit the code to output HTML links. I'm not familiar enough with the osC functions to know how to do this. (you maybe could hard code in HTML output, just proceed the existing output with '<a href="' . $url . '">' and append '</a>'.)

well I got the login link to work I changed the code as follows in admin/recover_cart_sales.php

$email = EMAIL_TEXT_LOGIN . " (" . "<a HREF='" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . "'>" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . ")</a>\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

But i can not get the one for the product as I am not real familiar with php here is where I think it needs to be altered

$mline .= $inrec['qty']." x ".$inrec2['name']."\n (".tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']).")\n\n";

}

Paul did you get both links to work? Can you please share how you did it? Thanks

well I got the login link to work I changed the code as follows in admin/recover_cart_sales.php

$email = EMAIL_TEXT_LOGIN . " (" . "<a HREF='" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . "'>" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . ")</a>\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

But i can not get the one for the product as I am not real familiar with php here is where I think it needs to be altered

$mline .= $inrec['qty']." x ".$inrec2['name']."\n    (".tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']).")\n\n";

}

Paul did you get both links to work? Can you please share how you did it? Thanks

I'd say it should be

$mline .= '<a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']) . '">' . $inrec['qty']." x ".$inrec2['name'] . "</a>\n\n";

You rock Lane thanks so much never occured to me to put the quantity at the end it works!

Your welcome, glad it worked out.

I guess I should figure out how the HTML switch works and work this bit of code into the official release. Have to wait for a bit though... lot's of press to deal with for the next few days.

evenign Lane was wondering if you could help me with this. I want to make the email adress in here clickable as well it is from

catalog/includes/labguages/english/create_accout.php

define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");

thanks!

maddie

evenign Lane was wondering if you could help me with this. I want to make the email adress in here clickable as well it is from

catalog/includes/labguages/english/create_accout.php

define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '.' . "\n\n");

I'm not sure what you are asking, as I am missing the connection to the Recover Carts mod. In general, a clickable email address has the format:

mailto:[email protected]

so to create the html:

<a href='mailto:[email protected]'>email the store-owner</a>

Hope that helps.