• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Are you saying that you have the guest account mod installed so the customers do not have to login or register?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Well I have now  :D  and it works perfectly.

But what about people who are unregistered, add an item, and go all the way through checkout - obviously having registered on the way? When they get to paypal, or nochex and then abandon the process, is there any way to pick those people up and get them into the recover carts process?

I'm not sure; the query is for customers that still have a cart. So,

1. They have to be customers with an account. (ie, PWA/Guest will not show up)

2. Their cart still has to exist.

Thus, if your customers chooses to use Purchase Without Account method then you can't recover their cart. Also, if your payment module clears the cart before payment is completed then you couldn't recover. And, finally, if your customer goes to paypal then decides not to pay and returns to the store and empties their cart you couldn't recover the cart.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to install this but when I get to step 8 I have NO idea what he is talking about here.

8) A. Go to your OSC Admin Admin File Acess area. Enter the Customer

folder and click store files to add the recover_cart_sales.php file to the Customer menu.

B. Return to the File Access root - and enter the Reports folder. Click on Store files to add the stats_recover_cart_sales.php file to the reports menu.

WHAT IS THAT talking about?? What is an Admin Admin Acess Area??? I cannot figure out what in the world he is talking about but if someone would please tell me I would be SUPER greatful.

Thanks!

Craig

Murphey's Law - 2 seconds after I posted this I found what he was talking about.

In the Admin click "Administrator", then "File Access" .....

Thanks. Craig

Edited by zboyblue

I am trying to install this but when I get to step 8 I have NO idea what he is talking about here.

8) A.  Go to your OSC Admin Admin File Acess area.  Enter the Customer

folder and click store files to add the recover_cart_sales.php file to the Customer menu.

B. Return to the File Access root - and enter the Reports folder.  Click on Store files to add the stats_recover_cart_sales.php file to the reports menu.

WHAT IS THAT talking about?? What is an Admin Admin Acess Area??? I cannot figure out what in the world he is talking about but if someone would please tell me I would be SUPER greatful.

Thanks!

Craig

Murphey's Law - 2 seconds after I posted this I found what he was talking about.

In the Admin click "Administrator", then "File Access" .....

Thanks. Craig

Never mind then.....................

Edited by baddog

Hi. I just installed RecoverCartSales1.4f

I tried testing by placing a an item in my cart & logging off at the payment page. Admin > Reports > Recover Carts shows:

"Examined Records 0" & "Recovered Sales 0"

Apparently something is not right... Any ideas where to start looking ????

Hi.  I just installed RecoverCartSales1.4f

I tried testing by placing a an item in my cart & logging off at the payment page.  Admin > Reports > Recover Carts shows:

"Examined Records 0" & "Recovered Sales 0"

Apparently something is not right...  Any ideas where to start looking ????

You have to look at Recover Carts. Once you have sent an email and the customer has made a purchase, you will see data under Recovered Carts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little confused. I have unsold cart 1.6 installed. I am getting the impression that recover cart has both the functionality of unsold cart and the added ability to send an email to the customer who abandon the cart. Is this correct? should I uninstall that and only install recover cart.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,Unsold+Carts

I'm a little confused. I have unsold cart 1.6 installed. I am getting the impression that recover cart has both the functionality of unsold cart and the added ability to send an email to the customer who abandon the cart. Is this correct? should I uninstall that and only install recover cart.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,Unsold+Carts

Your understanding of the functionality of Recover Cart is correct.

I can not get the email letter that is sent to the customer who abandon the cart to update. The code looks a little stange and would appreciate your help. Code below. admin/languages/english/recover_cart_sales.php. What am I doing wrong.

I wanted to take out the "we try not to send these messages in those cases, but sometimes it is hard for us to tell depending on individual circumstances."

and place a break then put the following message.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call us at phone number or send an email to [email protected]

'We are always interested in knowing what happened ' .

'and if there was a reason that you decided not to purchase at ' .

'this time. If you could be so kind as to let us ' .

'know if you had any issues or concerns, we would appreciate it. ' .

'We are asking for feedback from you and others as to how we can ' .

'help make your experience at '. STORE_NAME . ' better.'."\n\n".

'PLEASE NOTE:'."\n".'If you believe you completed your purchase and are ' .

'wondering why it was not delivered, this email is an indication that ' .

'your order was NOT completed, and that you have NOT been charged! ' .

'Please return to the store in order to complete your order.'."\n\n".

'Our apologies if you already completed your purchase, ' .

'we try not to send these messages in those cases, but sometimes it is ' .

'hard for us to tell depending on individual circumstances.'."\n\n".

'Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us ' .

I can not get the email letter that is sent to the customer who abandon the cart to update. The code looks a little stange and would appreciate your help. Code below. admin/languages/english/recover_cart_sales.php. What am I doing wrong.

I wanted to take out the "we try not to send these messages in those cases, but sometimes it is hard for us to tell depending on individual circumstances."

and place a break then put the following message.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call us at phone number or send an email to [email protected]

'We are always interested in knowing what happened ' .

'and if there was a reason that you decided not to purchase at ' .

'this time. If you could be so kind as to let us ' .

'know if you had any issues or concerns, we would appreciate it.  ' .

'We are asking for feedback from you and others as to how we can ' .

'help make your experience at '. STORE_NAME . ' better.'."\n\n".

'PLEASE NOTE:'."\n".'If you believe you completed your purchase and are ' .

'wondering why it was not delivered, this email is an indication that ' .

'your order was NOT completed, and that you have NOT been charged! ' .

'Please return to the store in order to complete your order.'."\n\n".

'Our apologies if you already completed your purchase, ' .

'we try not to send these messages in those cases, but sometimes it is ' .

'hard for us to tell depending on individual circumstances.'."\n\n".

"\n\n" .

'If you have any further questions please feel free to call us at phone number or send an email to [email protected]'."\n\n".

If you know PHP it should not be too difficult to add a link to the email. I'm not very knowledgable about OSC's internals, so I simply have not yet figured out how to create the URL to the products.

But it is on my todo list, so at some point I hope to get to it.

since installing this contribution (which is great other than this problem) whenever i search for a customer name i get

where NAME = the name searched for.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I understand the problem is in customers.php?search=xxxxx and is nothing to do with the recover cart.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this problem? I've searched the forums but cannot find the fix for this specific MySQL error.

thanks anyone.

Barry

Hello Lane and thanks for this contribution. I was wondering if anyone was able to figure out how a link to one of the items in the abandon cart in the email that is sent to the customer.

I finally figured out my problem; for some reason wrapping a URL with < and > in an email causes the URL to disappear. (It's standard practice to wrap URLs like that to prevent line wrapping from corrupting the URL).

I ended up wrapping the URLs with ( and ) which work on my tests, hopefully other major email clients as well.

Now emails have:

1. A link to the login page at the top of the email

2. A link to the product information page for each product in the abandoned cart

3. A link to the main website for the store at the bottom of the email

Uploaded v1.50 here

I'm having the same problem. I understand the problem is in customers.php?search=xxxxx and is nothing to do with the recover cart.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this problem? I've searched the forums but cannot find the fix for this specific MySQL error.

I could not figure out what the error was in his report. He didn't even saw which file gave the error. (At least not that I saw). Can you post an actual example (with the name used, not replaced since the name could be the cause) that you are getting.

Also, please let me know exact steps you take to replicate the problem so I can try it here.

If you go to Admin Customers, and type anything in the Search box, you get the error message. For example

/admin/customers.php?search=gfgf

Customers    Search:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where c.customers_lastname like '%gfgf%' or c.customers_firstna

select count(*) as total from customers c, address_book a, customers_info ci where c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id and c.customers_id = ci.customers_info_id where c.customers_lastname like '%gfgf%' or c.customers_firstname like '%gfgf%' or c.customers_email_address like '%gfgf%'

[TEP STOP]

If you go to Admin Customers, and type anything in the Search box, you get the error message.

I don't get any errors, I get what I search for (or nothing if there is no match, but no error).

Here is my code (line 784 in my admin/customers.php file):

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {
     $keywords = tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']));
     $search = "where c.customers_lastname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_firstname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_email_address like '%" . $keywords . "%'";
   }

Just upgraded to 1.5 but get an error in the email log in path and product path!

Login to your account here: (https://www.simply-fancydress-online.co.ukFILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN)
------------------------------------------------------

1 x Santa Hat - Budget
   (http://www.simply-fancydress-online.co.ukFILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO?products_id=2804)

I guess these have to be defined somewhere but not sure where and with what.

Thank you lane, I appreciate your reply. This has me baffled? Perhaps you are using a different version of MySQL. My server is running MySQL 4.0.22.

regards

Barry

This is my code. It looks identical to yours.

<?php

$search = '';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$keywords = tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']));

$search = "where c.customers_lastname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_firstname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_email_address like '%" . $keywords . "%'";

}

This is my customers table. It should be pretty standard.

Field    Type  Attributes  Null  Default  Extra  Action

customers_id  int(11)    No      auto_increment  Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_gender  char(1)    No        Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_firstname  varchar(32)    No        Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_lastname  varchar(32)    No        Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_dob  datetime    No  0000-00-00 00:00:00      Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_email_address  varchar(96)    No        Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_default_address_id  int(11)    No  0      Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_telephone  varchar(32)    No        Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_fax  varchar(32)    Yes  NULL      Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_password  varchar(40)    No        Change  Drop  Primary  Index  Unique  Fulltext

customers_newsletter

In my code these are defined in "filenames.php" in the admin/includes folder. That gets included by my #include "application_top.php".

Just upgraded to 1.5 but get an error in the email log in path and product path!

Login to your account here: (https://www.simply-fancydress-online.co.ukFILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN)
------------------------------------------------------

1 x Santa Hat - Budget
   (http://www.simply-fancydress-online.co.ukFILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO?products_id=2804)

I guess these have to be defined somewhere but not sure where and with what.