• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

I think you have found a very elegant method there dimports; although the ability to do what recover carts does now is also important, because most people don't came back to your site.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have also installed this contribution (1.3.6a), but it won`t work. On the recover carts page, i always get "No input file specified" if I press the button to send the email, or if I want to display a shorter or longer time period.

Has anybody an idee, what I made wrong? (I have checked the install steps 3 times)

Thanks and best regards

Tom

I just installed this contribution but it seems to be displaying sold carts as well as unsold carts. Is this normal?

Also when I click on the customer's name under the tool i get an error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'where c.customers_lastname like '%Noland%' or c.customers_firstname like '%Nolan' at line 3

select count(*) as total from customers c, address_book a, sources s, customers_info i where s.sources_id = c.entry_source_id and i.customers_info_id = c.customers_id and c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a. address_book_id where c.customers_lastname like '%Noland%' or c.customers_firstname like '%Noland%' or c.customers_email_address like '%Noland%'

Hi,

I have also installed this contribution (1.3.6a), but it won`t work. On the recover carts page, i always get "No input file specified" if I press the button to send the email, or if I want to display a shorter or longer time period.

Has anybody an idee, what I made wrong? (I have checked the install steps 3 times)

Thanks and best regards

Tom

Hi i got the same Problem.

I made a testaccount put something in my cart and then closed the window.

But the tool show me no items in the status window what i maked wrong??

2nd Questin for what is this code?

// E-mail Time to Live :: Default=90
 $EMAIL_TTL = 90;

The time a server retry to send the mail to the customer?? Sorry but im a n00b in this :(

I have just installed this awesome looking contribution.

After the install I have created a dummy account and added some items and abandoned the shopping cart.

It shoes everything OK. But when I tried to send an email. It looks as though it has been sent but I did not get the email.

Can anybody help me.

Regards,

I've installed this contribution but I have a problem. Sometimes when I view the recovery carts in tools, I get an error like this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 9

select p.products_price price, p.products_model model, pd.products_name name from products p, products_description pd, languages l where p.products_id = '55{8}17' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = (Japanese character)

I'm not sure if it is a Japanese character at the end, but it looks like one. This does not always happen. I can close the browser window and reopen admin and it will work again. It usually happends after I have looked at the who's online screen.

Hi

Did anyone downloaded Recover Cart Sales v1.4? I downloaded the file and could not open it. I used winzip with error message. Can someone help me? Thanks. :rolleyes:

Sorry,

but I have the same problem.... Please can somebody upload a new file also in zip format.

Thanks

Thanks Matthias

since installing this contribution (which is great other than this problem) whenever i search for a customer name i get

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'where c.customers_lastname like '%NAME%' or c.customers_firstname like '%NAME%' at line 3

select count(*) as total from customers c, address_book a, sources s, customers_info i where s.sources_id = c.entry_source_id and i.customers_info_id = c.customers_id and c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a. address_book_id where c.customers_lastname like '%NAME%' or c.customers_firstname like '%NAME%' or c.customers_email_address like '%NAME%'

[TEP STOP]

where NAME = the name searched for.

Hi

I have just installed the Recover Cart 1.4 and I wonder where I can delete what - because I do not have any delete buttons or so wheter in the reports area nor the tools area.

Please - maybe I am just to sleepy or stupid :rolleyes: - need help...

cu

kai

Great contrib! Thanks.

2 silly questions...

where and how can I add "Dear" before the customer's first name in the email?

I assume it's in the english language file but I'm not sure where to put it in.

what do you mean by "flushing out the database"?

Sorry I'm new at this

V

Hi

I have just installed the Recover Cart 1.4 and I wonder where I can delete what - because I do not have any delete buttons or so wheter in the reports area nor the tools area.

Please - maybe I am just to sleepy or stupid :rolleyes: - need help...

cu

kai

you don't delete with recover carts. It's a sales tool. If you feel a need to "delete" a customer record, just delete the customer.

Great contrib! Thanks.

2 silly questions...

where and how can I add "Dear" before the customer's first name in the email?

I assume it's in the english language file but I'm not sure where to put it in.

what do you mean by "flushing out the database"?

Sorry I'm new at this

V

To include the customers name you will have to make changes to the php as well.

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . "\n" . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_NEWCUST, $mline) . "\
n". $_POST['message'];

Currently the sprintf takes in the $mline which is build to list the cart items. You would have to pass in both the $mline and the customers name. Then you would have to go to the english file and make the mods there to do the replacement.

Now a IMHO, which is never humble. I considered this when I was creating the initial code as I feel that personalization is generally a good thing, but I rejected this as a "good idea" as it didn't fit well with the fact that the message is "generated" as a form letter. If the goal is to get people to think that you care about customer service (remember, that's the goal of the form letter, to get feedback and see if there were problems) personalization comes off as a tad phoney and doesn't add a great deal of value. In fact, it looks almost spam-like. So, while it is possible to do, I would avoid it.

As for the database issue. There is one database created by the program, and even if you beat the bejesus out of your recover_carts it won't grow that large as there is not a great deal of data stored in it. If, on the other hand, you are talking about the customer data on what they have in their carts, that's not part of the recover_cart system, but part of standard OSC. All recover_carts does is peek into the standard tables.

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody write an ADMIN to edit the email subject, body, and include an option to have a stored default PS message? -these will be an option on the ADMIN side-

It is too difficult for newbies to edit the hard coded email and would make thing just simpler for the contri. ;)

Can somebody write an ADMIN to edit the email subject, body, and include an option to have a stored default PS message? -these will be an option on the ADMIN side-

It is too difficult for newbies to edit the hard coded email and would make thing just simpler for the contri. ;)

Keep in mind that this is my personal opinion, BUT....

First they are not "hard coded", so if a "newbie" can't edit a text file they shouldn't be using OS Commerce. Most of the customizing of the core OSC requires the editing of text files that we like to call language files. By the way, how did you get RCS installed if you find editing a text file "too difficult" for you? I would think the install is more difficult that editing a text file with notepad, but that's me.

With that said, the file recover_cart_sales.php doesn't take a high level tech degree to comprehend. It is in plan English.

If you want to change the subject, then change the text for "EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT". If you want to change the message body change the "EMAIL_TEXT_CURCUST_INTRO" and/or EMAIL_TEXT_COMMON_BODY.

They are in a language file that is no more complicated than the old Windows INI files. They are separated from the main code, so that they would not be hard coded. That is one of the many things the language files are for.

To create an admin for these simple tasks would be a big task. It would require that these items be moved to the database, and it would have to be able to support all languages. Then they would require DB calls to get this information. One of the goals is to keep unneeded DB calls down. This admin you are asking for not only would complicate a the install of the product, it complicates the coding, and it risks slowing the display of information down.

Oh by the way... DB is short for DataBase.

Now I know I have not posted for a while, but I couldn't let any of you forget my sarcastic posts. I am sorry the one who said there is no stupid questions hasn't been to America in the last twenty years. :)

Adios...

Aalst, sorry for being such a lamer, but i am fairly new to OSC and PHP and wiring DB.

Hmm, can you help me with the code so the PS Message box has a default INITIAL VALUE inside it? Maybe this will be easier than always typing in the same message all the time or maybe have something like "Admin Comments Toolbar"

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,869

Thanks

Aalst, sorry for being such a lamer, but i am fairly new to OSC and PHP and wiring DB.

Hmm, can you help me with the code so the PS Message box has a default INITIAL VALUE inside it? Maybe this will be easier than always typing in the same message all the time or maybe have something like "Admin Comments Toolbar"

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,869

Thanks

Now that is a good suggestion. I will post the "hack" below, since I have not looked at RSC 1.4 yet, I am still running 1.3.6a, and I do not have the time to make a full fledge release. You will need to edit two php text files.

First you need to add a new line to the language file recover_cart_sales.php in at least the language(s) you use. (admin/includes/languages/english/) Find the line:

define('PSMSG', 'Additional PS Message: ');

Then add this line below it:

define('PSMSG_DEFAULT_TEXT', 'Default Text');

Change the "Default Text" to what ever you want, or even leave it blank.

Next you need to edit the file /admin/recover_cart_sales.php and search for the text:

tep_draw_textarea_field('message', 'soft', '80', '5')

It should be around 447 in version 1.3.6a.

Replace that text with this:

tep_draw_textarea_field('message', 'soft', '80', '5', PSMSG_DEFAULT_TEXT)

Presto... you know have a PS Message default text.

Good Luck...

-Aalst

[Hopefully who ever does the next release will include this in it, if I do not get around to it :)]

Edited by Aalst

To include the customers name you will have to make changes to the php as well. 

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . "\n" . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_NEWCUST, $mline) . "\
n". $_POST['message'];

JM -- Tsk tsk.. it still a good idea as long as it is optional.

Here is a hack to add what ever greating you want in front of the name.

First you need to add a new line to the language file recover_cart_sales.php in at least the language(s) you use. (admin/includes/languages/english/) Find the line:

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'Inquiry from '.  STORE_NAME );

Then add this line below it:

define('EMAIL_TEXT_EMAIL_TEXT_SALUTATION', 'Dear ' );

You can change the greeting from "Dear" to what ever you want just make sure there is a space after it, or just leave it empty for no greeting if you change your mind in the future. I think if this is included in a future release it should be empty by default.

Next you need to edit the file /admin/recover_cart_sales.php and search for the text:

$email = $inrec['fname'] . ",";
[code]
It should be around 234 in version 1.3.6a.

Replace that text with this:
[code]
$email = EMAIL_TEXT_SALUTATION . $inrec['fname'] . ",";

Presto... you know have a Salutation of your choice before the users first name.

Now I agree with JM about not using this, however, the above hack will allow you to do it if you want, and easily remove it if you change your mind in the future.

AS for the DB Flushing that was a comment listed on the 1.4 release and I agree with JM that I do not see who the RCS data would need this unless some how you are using MySQL and hitting the 4gb limit on the Table size which would be hard to do. You would have to ask Willross who released 1.4 why he makes the claim that "YOU MUST FLUSH OUT THE 'scart' DB OCCASIONALLY!" because again I agree with JM on the scart specific data is minor and would be very difficult to hit the table size limitations with it. Because Willross says it will prevent uncontacted errors, well I have not had any uncontacted errors.

Anyway... good luck with the hack if you use it.

-Rodney

[Hopefully who ever does the next release will include this in it, if I do not get around to it :)]