• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Having Performance Issues

Try this...

recover_cart_sales.zip

I was having performance issues with the package downloaded from the contributions section, similar to those reported by sqflowers, but the file posted in the forum by Aalst eariler today has solved them. Now everything works fine.

PS: I have sent Aalst polish translation of the latest version so it can be included in the next release.

Having Performance Issues?

Try this...

recover_cart_sales.zip

This is only recover_cart_sales.php, and should be placed over your existing one in your ADMIN directory, make sure you have 1.2 or 1.3 installed before doing this.

Please let me know if it is BETTER, SAME, or WORSE.

-Aalst

that fixed it!

works great lightning fast

It fixed mine as well. Very fast: I have it set to 300 days and there about 40 carts in the report. Loads in about two seconds.

Hosting OSC2/MS2 on Dedicated Linux Redhat8.0 Server as localhost w/MySql on fast server and 1024k pipe.

Thanks. This is VERY NICE.

Kirk

Boom... Big butta boom.

Recover Cart Sales v1.3.5

You can download it from here:

Recover Cart Sales v1.3.5 [Pair]

or go to the Contribution Page.

CHANGES

• Fixed performance issue
  • Fixed default language bug when more than one languages offered
  • Changed Installation Instructions to handle MS1 and MS2
  • Added Polish Language files, provided by
    Pawel Robaczewski ([email protected])

This release is a bug and performance fix release, with the return of the Polish Lanugage files provided by P-R. The default language bug is form my changes all the way back to the Unsold Cart Report. :)

It think this is a stable release if not we will find out soon. If so then it will be a good base to work on the future plans, and for others to develop on.

When I look on the Recover Cart I think I would love a contribution (shouldn't be very hard to hack) which will check all orders and manually (or autmatically) send the reminder for clients who didn't pay for it (I have money order and bank transfer as payment options so it happens ppl "forget" to pay).

I'm curious if anybody would be interested in that kind of report and "reminder" tool.

Kind regards,

Raul

I do need some help!

I did install the Recover Cart Sales 1.3.5 11-30-2003. I am using osc_ms2_max_1_5_5 I do get the following error message when i tried to use it.

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem

I want to know how to resolve this problem. Thanks\.

As far as I know Max edition of OSC includes Admin Access Levels contribution that restricts access to the admin area. If this is the case you should look for the "Administrator" box and then follow a link that manages files permissions. Be sure to grant permissions both for recover_cart_sales.php and stats_recover_cart_sales.php.

Hope that helps :)

Very nice mod, thank you very much!

Just one quick question - when clicking on the 'send email' from admin>tools>recover carts, should the tick box under the contacted column automatically get ticked?

Mine does not.......

Or, is it a manual thing, where I have to send the email and then click the box myself?

When I look on the Recover Cart I think I would love a contribution (shouldn't be very hard to hack) which will check all orders and manually (or autmatically) send the reminder for clients who didn't pay for it (I have money order and bank transfer as payment options so it happens ppl "forget" to pay).

I'm curious if anybody would be interested in that kind of report and "reminder" tool.

That doesn't really fall under a "Recover Cart Sales" Tool. You are talking about ORDERS not CARTS. There may already be a tool for this in the contrib area, you may want to check.

However, I do know of a good tool that is called Job Scheduler that you may want to look at. This seems more like a JOB you want to run on a regular basis. You just right a PHP script and it will run it on the schedule you set up.

-Aalst

As far as I know Max edition of OSC includes Admin Access Levels contribution that restricts access to the admin area. If this is the case you should look for the "Administrator" box and then follow a link that manages files permissions. Be sure to grant permissions both for recover_cart_sales.php and stats_recover_cart_sales.php.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you, now it does work. However, nothing is listed under description and both cart total and grand total have $0 amount. When I send the email, the items in the cart is displayed with the correct amount. How can i resolve this problem?

That doesn't really fall under a "Recover Cart Sales" Tool. You are talking about ORDERS not CARTS. There may already be a tool for this in the contrib area, you may want to check.

Yes, of course it's bit offtopic. Thanks for pointing Job Scheduler, but "Recover Order Toll" would be better. I won't mention it here (I don't want to go offtopic).

Kind regards,

Raul

k cool.. got everything installed per instructions.. when I click on either the new link in tools or the new one under reports I get:

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/vhosts/magazines2u.com/httpdocs/admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

and that's all. How can I go about fixing that?

Ahh, Now I need to deinstall v1.7a Unsold Cart,

this contribution has been better and better, thank you.

-------------

I got same confusion as some other in this forum though, so here is my suggestion

Report =>Recover Carts >

Recover Cart Sales Report v1.3.5

Examined Records:0

Sales:0

Customer

--------------

Why not add some text in this page explaining a bit like

Recover Cart Sales Report v1.3.5

Examined Records:0 - You have not used Recover Carts function yet....

Sales:0

Customer

---

SImple confusion will lead to allot of support request by people installing this contrib..

Thanks again for this I like it very much.

Edited by jaleel

Just as I finished installing the Unsold Carts Report (I've also managed to add the link in the report box in admin, which was not easy for an OSC+Php newbie),

I decided to check the forum...

Just to find out that there is this new Sale Tool wich includes the report.

I will give it a try :-).

Anyway, my question for the Report v 1.7 is : does anyone knows why I have the following error "Call to undefined function: seadate()" in stats_unsold_carts.php ? Am i missing something ?

And also, to install the new tool do I need to remove the report first ?

Greetings

Cristian

Thank you, now it does work. However, nothing is listed under description and both cart total and grand total have $0 amount. When I send the email, the items in the cart is displayed with the correct amount. How can i resolve this problem?

Your are looking at the REPORT not using the TOOL.

I got same confusion as some other in this forum though, so here is my suggestion

Why not add some text in this page explaining a bit like

SImple confusion will lead to allot of support request by people installing this contrib..

From where I see it, this is common sense.

There is a REPORT for the TOOL and there is a TOOL. If you haven't used the TOOL, what is there for a REPORT to show?

However, Met00 I think is recoding that report from the ground up, he may add something to that effect when he is done.

Just to find out that there is this new Sale Tool wich includes the report.

Sorry but the tool doesn't include the REPORT, as a report. The report became a TOOL, and it has its own report which is completely different. Remember in OSC REPORT and TOOL are specificly different items with different locations in OSC Admin.

Anyway, my question for the Report v 1.7 is : does anyone knows why I have the following error "Call to undefined function: seadate()" in stats_unsold_carts.php ? Am i missing something ?

Wrong forum for that question.

And also, to install the new tool do I need to remove the report first ?

No, they are indepent of each other.

k cool.. got everything installed per instructions.. when I click on either the new link in tools or the new one under reports I get:

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/vhosts/magazines2u.com/httpdocs/admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

Seems like something isn't installed correctly.

stats_recover_cart_sales.php should not be in any file as an INCLUDE or REQUIRED file. Also thre is no LINE 0 in a file, everything starts on line 1.

The whole error is very confussing.

First double check that you have followed the install to the letter. Do a search of all your PHP files to see where stats_recover_cart_sales.php is showing up and see if it is being called by INCLUDE or REQUIRED calls.

It should only show up in a function call to tep_href_link and by its defined name FILENAME_STATS_RECOVER_CART_SALES.

Thanks Aalst... seems it was a chmod problem... chmod'd all the new .php files 755 like the rest of them and it worked beautifully. Emailed about 110 people about an hour ago and so far 4 have come back and made a purchase. This is great!!

Hi - I guess this would be an excellent tool - if I could get it to work!

I have followed the install instructions to the letter for the MS2 version. i ahve the link in my Admin > Reports Panel that says Recover Carts.

When I click on this I go to the url http://www.emvi-htpc.com/store/admin/FILEN...OVER_CART_SALES and get a 404 "The page cannot be found" error.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Steve

Thanks Aalst... seems it was a chmod problem... chmod'd all the new .php files 755 like the rest of them and it worked beautifully. Emailed about 110 people about an hour ago and so far 4 have come back and made a purchase. This is great!!

This is what I like to hear.

Now, what else do you not know about how your store is performing? :blink:

When you load a product into "featured products" to views of that item increase? Do sales increase? When you run an item on special, do view of that item increase? do sales increase? How does it perform against other items that are on sale? If you ra it on sale before, how does it perform against prior sales? If there was a difference in procing, how does it perform against the other sale, which price point gets the most views and most conversions?

Having a store is a good thing. Capturing these sales are a good thing. Knowing what is an isn't working is a better thing.