• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Thanks for sharing your solution, that will hopefully help others in the future.

I found the solution! I added the code to define the function in admin/includes/functions/general.php - I took it from the Register Globals Patch contrib :

// >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS

// Work-around functions to allow disabling of register_globals in php.ini

// These functions perform a similar operation as the 'link_session_variable'

// function added to .../functions/sessions.php but for the GET, POST, etc

// variables

//

// Parameters:

// var_name - Name of session variable

//

// Returns:

// None

function link_get_variable($var_name)

{

// Map global to GET variable

if (isset($_GET[$var_name]))

{

$GLOBALS[$var_name] =& $_GET[$var_name];

}

}

function link_post_variable($var_name)

{

// Map global to POST variable

if (isset($_POST[$var_name]))

{

$GLOBALS[$var_name] =& $_POST[$var_name];

}

}

// <<< END REGISTER_GLOBALS

I just hope I don't run into other problems...

I always try to do that; many times I found Topics with problems posted and then: "I found the solution, I'm good!" :D And that's it, no feedbak. If it's a community, a free thing, let's share.

In Romania we have a saying: "Let the neighbour's goat die, too" Well, I try not to be that person! I hope others do the same.

Thank you.

Thanks so much for the reply. I must have been really sleepy when I checked the configuration box, I swear I did not see that option. Thanks for showing me!! I changed the settings to allow Preparing [Paypal IPN] and now those abandoned carts appear in the list.

Thanks again!!

Lionel

In testing my cart, I see this problem as well. If you get to the "Confirm Order" screen, at that point the order gets put into "Preparing (Paypal IPN)" status and saved in the database. If the customer doesn't pay, and then clears their cart, that order gets stuck in order purgatory, and shows in their order history. Over time, these incomplete orders can build up and litter a customer's database, confusing our poor shoppers.

So, is there any way to filter those from a customer's "View the orders I have made" screen, or either allow them to continue on and pay for that cart, or delete that incomplete order? Currently they get stuck in that status and the customer can't do anything with them. This is okay for me since I can see abandoned carts, but from the customer's standpoint, it seems messy and counterintuitive to most shopping carts I have used in the past.

In testing my cart, I see this problem as well. If you get to the "Confirm Order" screen, at that point the order gets put into "Preparing (Paypal IPN)" status and saved in the database. If the customer doesn't pay, and then clears their cart, that order gets stuck in order purgatory, and shows in their order history. Over time, these incomplete orders can build up and litter a customer's database, confusing our poor shoppers.

So, is there any way to filter those from a customer's "View the orders I have made" screen, or either allow them to continue on and pay for that cart, or delete that incomplete order? Currently they get stuck in that status and the customer can't do anything with them. This is okay for me since I can see abandoned carts, but from the customer's standpoint, it seems messy and counterintuitive to most shopping carts I have used in the past.

Hmmm... I wonder if you could use the "delete" button in RCS to remove those carts? It's been so long since I was that deep into the code that I don't recall exactly what it does, so I'd experiment carefully. I _think_ it would delete the cart so that the customer no longer saw it. If it's an actual order, then you might have to do it manually... although that's sounding very tedious!

Actually, I did work on this somewhat sometime ago, with the Fix Order Status Mod, might be worth checking out.

Hmmm... I wonder if you could use the "delete" button in RCS to remove those carts? It's been so long since I was that deep into the code that I don't recall exactly what it does, so I'd experiment carefully. I _think_ it would delete the cart so that the customer no longer saw it. If it's an actual order, then you might have to do it manually... although that's sounding very tedious!

Actually, I did work on this somewhat sometime ago, with the Fix Order Status Mod, might be worth checking out.

This isn't a bug so I'm not sure that contrib applies to this. You can use the delete button in Customers > Orders in the regular osc admin panel to delete the "Pending" orders. I'm concerned that these "orders" show in the customer's "View the orders I have made" screen, and then can't do anything with it. I can delete them, but they can't, or even pay for them.

Does this RCS contrib do anything with that by letting them view an incomplete order, and then finish up and pay for it? From a technical standpoint, what exactly does this contrib do? It looks like RCS assumes the items are still in the cart, which, in my experience, isn't always the case.

Like I said, once I turn this over to my customer (who I'm doing the cart for), if I have to tell him he has to log in and clear out incomplete/unfinished orders all the time, he'll look at me funny.

Give it a try. Add items, check out and get to the "Confirm order" button. Then clear your cart and go to My Account > View the orders I have made. You'll see the uncompleted order in a pending status, but can't do anything to it.

This isn't a bug so I'm not sure that contrib applies to this. You can use the delete button in Customers > Orders in the regular osc admin panel to delete the "Pending" orders. I'm concerned that these "orders" show in the customer's "View the orders I have made" screen, and then can't do anything with it. I can delete them, but they can't, or even pay for them.

Does this RCS contrib do anything with that by letting them view an incomplete order, and then finish up and pay for it? From a technical standpoint, what exactly does this contrib do? It looks like RCS assumes the items are still in the cart, which, in my experience, isn't always the case.

Like I said, once I turn this over to my customer (who I'm doing the cart for), if I have to tell him he has to log in and clear out incomplete/unfinished orders all the time, he'll look at me funny.

Give it a try. Add items, check out and get to the "Confirm order" button. Then clear your cart and go to My Account > View the orders I have made. You'll see the uncompleted order in a pending status, but can't do anything to it.

All that RCS does is look for carts which are assumed to be "incomplete" orders. There is some logic and options to filter out duplicate orders, etc. Then it allows you to send emails to those customers with incomplete orders. (the purpose being to find out why your customers don't complete orders, and also to gently remind them about the order in the hopes they will complete it). RCS does not modify orders (unless you use the delete button), the only DB thing it does normally is to track what carts have been sent emails on.

As for the inability to complete an order afterward, that is not something I've seen before; on our cart customers can always complete one of their incomplete orders.

There's no need to clear out incomplete orders as far as I know.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just tried this mod on a *nix server running PHP 5 and MySql 5 with OSC 2.2MS2 and had a bunch of the same problems mentioned here (+ others).

After a couple of hours stress :blink: I have it all working so have posted the working files back to the mod/contribution.

Changes as follows:

updated both files to work on php5 / Sql5 / *nix

removed a load of php4 -> php5 typos

added the mktime mod

working fine on my system now but let me know if it craps on another (should be ok for most installs now)

Enjoy

Courty :thumbsup:

Thanks, much appreciated!

Do you know if your modifications will still work on PHP4 systems?

Yes should do, code updates were to correct bad / sloppy code so should be fine on PHP4

Courty

• 2 weeks later...

We have a problem.....

When a customer finishes an order at my webshop and reaches the Checkout_succsess.php site the items which they have bought should be removed from their shopping cart. However, on my site, when the customer logs in again later on the items they have purchased are still in the cart. This is a problem, because I am using the recover cart sales module, and I send out emails asking why people who have put stuff in their cart why they did not checkout. Now even, the people who HAVE checked out gets this emails, because the items they bought was not removed automatically from the shopping cart and are still there. Recover cart sales sends a message to everyone who has items in their shopping cart.

Can anyone help?

the webshop is http://www.beltespenner.com/oscommerce/

Edited by celdish

When a customer finishes an order at my webshop and reaches the Checkout_succsess.php site the items which they have bought should be removed from their shopping cart. However, on my site, when the customer logs in again later on the items they have purchased are still in the cart. This is a problem, because I am using the recover cart sales module, and I send out emails asking why people who have put stuff in their cart why they did not checkout. Now even, the people who HAVE checked out gets this emails, because the items they bought was not removed automatically from the shopping cart and are still there. Recover cart sales sends a message to everyone who has items in their shopping cart.

Can anyone help?

the webshop is http://www.beltespenner.com/oscommerce/

I haven't seen this issue before, so I don't have any immediate thoughts on how to solve it. My first step would be to confirm that the customer's orders are actually being put in the orders table in the DB, then check to see if their cart was actually emptied or not (and maybe check to see if there are duplicates). I'd also place an order and then see if my order showed up in the RCS tool list for emailing.

Hi

i install this contrib today onmy local pc (xampp) and i test this but i see never a shopping cart in admin area

i install this contrib as per instruction (hode so :-) )and io got no error msg on customer or admin side but never a card will be displayed

if a login as customer and put some producs into the shopping card and i leave the shop / i still wait until the customer is not longer in admin Whos online and than i run the "recover cart sales".

Can i get some help where i can take a look to find the problem

rgds

alfred

Hi

i install this contrib today onmy local pc (xampp) and i test this but i see never a shopping cart in admin area

i install this contrib as per instruction (hode so :-) )and io got no error msg on customer or admin side but never a card will be displayed

if a login as customer and put some producs into the shopping card and i leave the shop / i still wait until the customer is not longer in admin Whos online and than i run the "recover cart sales".

Can i get some help where i can take a look to find the problem

rgds

alfred

I've never actually attempted to determine exactly when a shopping cart becomes available to RCS. You might need to proceed at least to the checkout page.

I've never actually attempted to determine exactly when a shopping cart becomes available to RCS. You might need to proceed at least to the checkout page.

thanks for info. checked again and leave the side at the last point (sent / order) but the same no cart will be displayed.

did i have a problem with php 5 or sql or os 2.2rc1?

thanks for help

rgds

alfred

thanks for info. checked again and leave the side at the last point (sent / order) but the same no cart will be displayed.

did i have a problem with php 5 or sql or os 2.2rc1?

thanks for help

rgds

alfred

This may sound obvious, but it's often missed: make sure you are using the tool and not the report.

Other than that, I'm not sure. My provider is still on PHP4, so I'm not sure on that and my 2.2rc1 is heavily modified (including the checkout code) so I can't always compare apples to apples.

Hi,

Looking at changing the title in the e-mail sent out from recover cart.

Had a look and can't fin out where I need to change it.

Please provide likely file name and probable location

Thanks

Hi,

Looking at changing the title in the e-mail sent out from recover cart.

Had a look and can't fin out where I need to change it.

Please provide likely file name and probable location

Thanks

Have a look at line 29 of /admin/languages/english/recover_cart_sales.php

You should find it there.

Hello and thanks for the great work that went into this contrib. My problemo is that I have add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 and so the prices on my reports are all $0.00. Is there a way to tie my weights with price table to the cart report so I can see the actual totals?

www.theteabazaar.com

Thanks!

Sam

Hello and thanks for the great work that went into this contrib. My problemo is that I have add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2 and so the prices on my reports are all $0.00. Is there a way to tie my weights with price table to the cart report so I can see the actual totals?

www.theteabazaar.com

You can do this, but it will take some custom coding on your side. Best bet is to look at Step 9 in the installation instructions which deals with pricing. It won't address your specific needs, but that's the starting point, and you'd need to modify it for that particular contribution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

Firstly, thanks to the developers and contributors of this mod - I installed it on one site and it's working fine. :thumbsup:

I am however having some issues with getting it to work properly on another site.

I followed all the steps to the letter, and even redid everything more than once, but I'm still having some problems.

I do get the `Recover Cart Sales' link in admin, and I ran it and it did pull up some carts, but the graphics is all wrong, and I can't edit the configuration for RCS (it doesn't show up in the configuration section for some reason).

The other bigger problem is now when one loads this site's oscommerce homepage, it gives a bunch of errors like this :

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/A/p/r/Aprivateuser/html/shop/index.php on line 337

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/A/p/r/Aprivateuser/html/shop/index.php on line 337

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/A/p/r/Aprivateuser/html/shop/index.php on line 334

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/A/p/r/Aprivateuser/html/shop/index.php on line 334

And then right at the bottom of the page it says :

1146 - Table 'usertbs.TABLE_COUNTER' doesn't exist

select startdate, counter from TABLE_COUNTER

[TEP STOP]

Now I'm assuming this last error message is database related (I could be wrong).

If anyone here is able to assist with any of these errors it would be greatly appreciated!

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

This basically is saying that the file does not exist; most likely because "FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS" is not defined (it should have been replaced by a real filename).

Sounds like the setup data either got deleted or overwritten during an edit. While it could have occurred due to editing when installing RCS, these files are not part of RCS and the definitions should not have been touched during install.

Assuming a correct install, the only thing I can guess at is one of a) the site wasn't working fully before the RCS install or B) there is a conflict between RCS and another component in the new install (although I've never heard of any conflicts).

Hope that helps.

Hi Lane.

Thanks for your feedback.

Quote,`This basically is saying that the file does not exist; most likely because "FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS" is not defined (it should have been replaced by a real filename).'

I checked via ftp and both these files are there.

Quote,`Sounds like the setup data either got deleted or overwritten during an edit. While it could have occurred due to editing when installing RCS, these files are not part of RCS and the definitions should not have been touched during install.

Assuming a correct install, the only thing I can guess at is one of a) the site wasn't working fully before the RCS install or cool.gif there is a conflict between RCS and another component in the new install (although I've never heard of any conflicts).'

The site was working fine before the RCS install (I just had a new template installed by a 3rd party but I tested it and everything appeared fine - these errors I'm now receiving definately weren't there before the RCS install).

I fixed the errors (I accidentally edited a wrong file during the install), but still have one issue.

The only part of the RCS mod that isn't working is it doesn't show up in the configuration part of oscommerce admin, only in the tools and reports part.

I imported the required SQL commands for this mod into the database again (via my SQL admin) to see if that would help, and I got the following error message :

Error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `scart` (

`scartid` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT UNIQUE ,

`customers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL UNIQUE ,

`dateadded` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,

`datemodified` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `scartid` )

);

And then when I click on the `scart' table, there is another warning given in the indexes section as follows` PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `scartid`

I fixed the errors (I accidentally edited a wrong file during the install), but still have one issue.

Glad you got that part sorted out.

The only part of the RCS mod that isn't working is it doesn't show up in the configuration part of oscommerce admin, only in the tools and reports part.

Not sure here, but I'd suspect either a bad SQL import or conflicting ID for the entires. These are the configuration SQL statements, and I tried to pick a unique ID, but that can't be guaranteed in the osC system. That said, my money's still on a bad import (or no import) of the configuration SQL statements. Use phpMyAdmin or similar to view the configuration table and verify that the RCS configuration entries are present.

I imported the required SQL commands for this mod into the database again (via my SQL admin) to see if that would help, and I got the following error message :

Error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `scart` (

`scartid` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT UNIQUE ,

`customers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL UNIQUE ,

`dateadded` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,

`datemodified` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `scartid` )

);

And then when I click on the `scart' table, there is another warning given in the indexes section as follows` PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `scartid`

Sounds like you have the table already created, which is why creating the table would be an error. As for the primary and index, it should be only one of those so that warning is correct. I don't have this warning on my install.