• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Two Shops Mixed Up!

SLBlay

I've been editing english.php to fix the store name (Web Site Title) in the Task Bar as described in:

edit the file <docroot>/catalog/includes/languages/english.php

find the lines ...

// page title

define('TITLE', 'osCommerce);

And now, when I go to:

Leah's Fine Gifts

The strangest thing happens after the first page jump say, to My Account. I get errors on the left like:

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/gatorla/public_html/store/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 31

With categories below them that are nothing to do with my site! if You click on one of them, like "Tickets & Passes", you end up at:

Gatorland - Alligator Capital of the World

Go try it yourself and see!

Too Weird !!! Anyone got a clue what's going on?

"When you're up to your neck in alligators, it's hard to remember that you came to drain the swamp!"

Hi Lea, I am wondering where you got your copy of this software, its almost like you used the wrong config file, or at least someone elses info....

you might try running install again and DO NOT upload the database,

otherwise you will lose the products you have

Your shop is sharing the same cache directory as another osCommerce store on your server - create a cache directory within your own webroot and point osCommerce to it - or, turn off cache in admin.

Matti

Thanks!

Boy, you guys are smart! - I suspected that if I found the IP address for "gatorland.com", it would turn our to be the same (shared) hosting IP address as I was using.

Still, I have set up two more "test-stores" in the same (reseller) hosting space, and have not had the same problem (yet!) with them. But I have yet to add catalog items to them.

Toni, it's a (new) install of osCommerce 2.2MS2.

Matti, do you have any guidance as to how I go about:

create a cache directory within your own webroot and point osCommerce to it

or can you steer me to where I can read about it? (I looked on cPanel X, didn't see anything that helped). Just MKDIR with an FTP program - is it that simple?

or, turn off cache in admin.

Yup, I just set "Use Cache" in Admin to "false", I see where you set the "Cache Directory" location (currently it's /tmp/) - I'm surprised that wouldn't be in "your space"/ root (public_html?) or in osconleah by default? I'd rather know how to set up cache in my own space.

:D No more Alligators :D Never thought I'd actually live through the old proverb "When you're up to your neck in alligators" etc !!!

I wonder why this wasn't happening after I added about 10 catalog items? - What kicked it off? - But only after I changed "english.php" (just the TITLE, I am certain).

Does this happen a lot? - I didn't find other posts talking about the same problem! Could it be a host server problem, only temporary, mixing up different client's cache stack?

Thanks again - Steve (for Leah's Fine Gifts) :rolleyes:

"When you're up to your neck in alligators, it's hard to remember that you came to drain the swamp!"

Follow-up:

The other two "Test Stores" both have "Use Cache" set "false". That must be the default value, and we must have changed it, I reckon!

-Steve

Stephen, I've been to Gatorland. Very nice place. Interesting too!

I just wonder how Leah's Fine Gifts can have something in common with an Alligator Farm? ;)

Only kidding!! Really, strange set of circumstances..... :huh:

Archived