• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Hi,

I've installed MP 1.1.5. The admin is working fine but when I try to load the index page I get a blank page. I have also installed easy populate. I tried to re-install MP several times but still the same problem. Can anybody point me in a direction for this?

Thanks in advance

Hello Matti

forgive me if this subject is covered previously, I have searched on a few occasions and found no reference.

I would like to associate my slaves to their masters by the masters model number rather than by the masters product_id. If it is possible for you to indicate where I would begin with the changes I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank You and Good Day

chet did you get this sorted? I did it for the master/slave listings but can't remember how now but I'll go look next time I'm in the code (it's a bit late now!!) On a similar note, I didn't have a quantity dropdown on normal products until I added Master Products and now it's there, and I want rid of it! Help!!

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in answering as I haven't been back onto forums for a while....

I basically ended up keeping the drop down box, as it shows the stock qty so forces me to keep this up to date!

Everything works well and forcing it to default to "1" in the main product description (not on the slave listing box though) makes things work smoothely.

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Hey folks,

Just looking for some direction here. Where is the table for the slave products built? I'm trying to integrate the MSRP contrib so that the suggested retail price shows up beside each of the slaves. I'm still very new to php and cant seem to figure out what file actually builds the slave table; just need to add a new column and put the msrp into it - I think

Thanks for the pointers

Cheers

Shane

I think i have the Master Prodcuts MS2 installed correctly, but I am having trouble figuring a couple things out.

I am not sure if I am entirely certain on how to properly use this. My usage will be tables, and listed under the table will be a separate table base which can be added if needed. Possibly a standard height and a bar height base will be listed. Some tables will have different bases, but many of them will use the same size of base. Is the table the master, and the base the slave?

I can get this to work - but only if I add it as a new master product. The assign as master check box has no effect on existing products. I really don't want to recreate all 60-70 tables and bases if possible. Have i missed something here?

Also, in the configuration > slave products - nothing shows up there. Should there be options or a listing? I have a couple masters setup.

Thanks!!

Hi

I am going to give this a crack. Never got to the bottom of managing SKUs when using QTPro and Attribute Sets Plus so need alternative resolutoin. This looks like the winner :D

Any idea on release date for the below, if its imminent I'll wait for that so I can give 'user experience' of the install :D

As an aside, tried to find some sites that are using this but seems almost impossible. Alot of the links in this thread go to error pages. Any known working addresses?

W

Yes, there is a new version in beta testing - essentially its just a matter of me finding the time to release it :blush:

Matti

hi Matti

can u provide an advance instal guide or manual install guide beacuse i hava template integrated to my os commerce and it causes lot of errors if i replace files, it says some

tep_reg_category () already declared in header.php cannot redeclare in includes/boxes/configure.php

if i comment this file it makes the whole site look into replications! extra boxes appear... any help

hi Matti

can u provide an advance instal guide or manual install guide beacuse i hava template integrated to my os commerce and it causes lot of errors if i replace files, it says some

tep_reg_category () already declared in header.php cannot redeclare in includes/boxes/configure.php

if i comment this file it makes the whole site look into replications! extra boxes appear... any help

This is not related to my contribution. You must remove one or the other function declaration for tep_reg_category.

I dont have the time to make a manual install guide - use a file comparison tool to compare my files with a standard osCommerce package.

Matti

hi Matti

My site is also heavily customized, the files have all the changes commented, so it was very easy to manually install just by taking the new sections of code and copying them into the appropriate sections of my pages. If you open any of the changed files, you'll see the //Master Products comments wherever something needs to be changed. I wish all contribs were done this neatly!

Hi

Ok, I think I have installed this correctly but had to do some back peddling first to remove Attributes Sets Plus and QTPro.

I have create a Master (ie blue shirt) and then slaves (ie small, medium...).

Under the master I want to remove the line that says 'Out of Stock'. Should the slaves add up into the Master qty or should the Master qty be left blank / have a dummy figure in. Whats the best way to handle the master having no stock.

I may not have istalled correctly which has caused this problem?

THank

W

Hi

Ok, I think I have installed this correctly but had to do some back peddling first to remove Attributes Sets Plus and QTPro.

I have create a Master (ie blue shirt) and then slaves (ie small, medium...).

Under the master I want to remove the line that says 'Out of Stock'. Should the slaves add up into the Master qty or should the Master qty be left blank / have a dummy figure in. Whats the best way to handle the master having no stock.

I may not have istalled correctly which has caused this problem?

THank

W

In the edit product admin interface you can set the product as "in stock" and leave the qty field blank. Then it will not show up as out of stock. All of my items are made to order, so thats how I do it.

Hmm

Tried this but still shows as OOS. When I go back into the master it shows the Quantity as 0. (I deleted it previously so that it was blank).

W

In the edit product admin interface you can set the product as "in stock" and leave the qty field blank. Then it will not show up as out of stock. All of my items are made to order, so thats how I do it.

Has anyone got QTPro and Master Products working together? I have some products that I'd like to track a la QTPro and some one-offs that I like to display the way master products looks. I also want to get rid of any 'out of stock' referencing and the drop-down quantity box on non-master products, which is taking some effort...

I've got it functioning to a point where the qtpro bit seems to work but now if I try to add a slave product to the cart from the master listing it adds the master. I'm thinking it's to do with the 'buy now' form master products uses to allow the checkbox set-up to add more than 1 product at once or perhaps it's the hidden field doobrie on the input button?

Wired, I'm wracking my brain to remember what I did to remove the OOS references! But there again the master products listings are the ones where I don't want out of stock products to show at all, working on a contribution for that too...

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in answering as I haven't been back onto forums for a while....

I basically ended up keeping the drop down box, as it shows the stock qty so forces me to keep this up to date!

Everything works well and forcing it to default to "1" in the main product description (not on the slave listing box though) makes things work smoothely.

thanks, think I'll have to do it that way too.

Hey folks,

Just looking for some direction here. Where is the table for the slave products built? I'm trying to integrate the MSRP contrib so that the suggested retail price shows up beside each of the slaves. I'm still very new to php and cant seem to figure out what file actually builds the slave table; just need to add a new column and put the msrp into it - I think

Thanks for the pointers

Cheers

Shane

Sounds like you need to play with the master_listing and master_products files. :)

I can only get this working with Header tags when I use the auto fill command (bit of a cross post here).

When I edit the tags manually and save it removes what I have written. Infact, when ever I go into a product with tags and save (regardless of editing the tags), it removes them.

Does it have any thing to do with this line in admin/categories

(1st line from Header Tags, 2nd line from Master Products)

$form_action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) ? 'update_product' : 'insert_product';

$form_action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) ? 'update_master' : 'insert_master';

THanks for any advice

W

after looking through the code, this mod will certainly not work as is with the Seperate Pricing Per Customer modification. Getting it to work with the Header Tags shouldn't be a real issue, but ANY suggestions would be appreciated for integrating this mod in with Seperate Pricing.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

On my site www.twinsashi.com/catalog/index.php I am having a problem on my product info.php.

In the normal master listing, the slaves in the table can be selected and added to cart, but if the slave itself is selected (ie if the link has been clicked and the information etc for the individual slave is displayed) then there is an add to cart button, but no quantity field, so it can not be added to the cart.

To overcome this, I disabled all the links in the master listing page so that the slaves can't actually do anything except be viewed and purchased.

The problem is that when I want to have something on special, or to show my best selling products, customers have to link to the slave, but when they get there they can't actually purchase it.

My site is just about to go live...apart from a couple of minor tweaks it is completely ready. All except for this problem.

Please can somebody help me? I would be very grateful!

Kate

//Master Products // Return a product's description // TABLES: products_description function tep_get_products_description($product_id) { global $languages_id; if (empty($language)) $language = $languages_id; $product_query = tep_db_query("select products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language . "'"); $product_description = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query); return $product_description['products_description']; } //Master Products EOF

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 85

I'm a bit lost as what to do...

Hello, I just installed version 1.1.5 and all seemed to go well except the sql query, this is what sql said with the error:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '16' for key 1

and this is the line it refers to:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group

VALUES ( 16, 'Slave Products', 'Slave Product Listing - configuration options', 16, 1 )

any thoughts? Is there a proper sql file that I need from an update? I didnt see one.

Thanks in advance!

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

nevermind, it didnt go well, I undid all the file changes--until there is a newer complete version writtin up I will have to leave this alone, not enough support here really, thanks though, looks to be a great contribution once I can get it to work.

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/mpmorg/public_html/shop/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 85

okay got rid of that silly old bugger and can at least see my shop - complete with the following error at the top of the page...

//Master Products // Return a product's description // TABLES: products_description function tep_get_products_description($product_id) { global $languages_id; if (empty($language)) $language = $languages_id; $product_query = tep_db_query("select products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language . "'"); $product_description = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query); return $product_description['products_description']; } //Master Products EOF

Help a brother down on his luck anyone?

okay got rid of that silly old bugger and can at least see my shop - complete with the following error at the top of the page...

Help a brother down on his luck anyone?

I am assuming that the shop is showing normally but this code is being echoed at the top of the page -

Find the section of this very code in your includes/functions/general.php page.

Do you have a closing php tag right before it perhaps? PHP code will appear in your output if you have misplaced opening or closing tags, which will cause the engine to skip parsing the code and pass it to the browser as HTML.

Hello, I just installed version 1.1.5 and all seemed to go well except the sql query, this is what sql said with the error:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '16' for key 1

and this is the line it refers to:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group

VALUES ( 16, 'Slave Products', 'Slave Product Listing - configuration options', 16, 1 )

any thoughts? Is there a proper sql file that I need from an update? I didnt see one.

Thanks in advance!

Change the first 16 to a '' (that's two single quotes). This will prompt SQL to assign the next available auto-increment value as the ID. Another mod you made to your store already used ID number 16.

I know you said nevermind, but I hate to leave a question un-answered for future readers.

Edited by ATeschner