• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

I'd also like to add that I solved the packages problem. You can view the solved issue at:

http://www.autogoodies.com/product_info.ph...&products_id=29

Take care,

Colin

whats the package constribution that you are using please !?

greetz john

ok, you have done it yourself.... would be nice if you post the solution!

thanx

Edited by RobinsonDixon

Hello Colin,

My thoughts exactly....checked the tables a couple times and even rebuilt the product_info.php file from hand twice now. I still run into the same problem.

Here is a link to the page I'm having the problem with...

http://heavenstherapy.org/hteshop/product_...&products_id=29

It looks as if the master_listing.php attributes are larger than the attributes set for product_info.php and its causing it to overflow.

Again Im using the STS Template contribution and Master Products 1.5...maybe I just dont get the concept...do I need to not add the Master Products Code to the products_info.php file but to a STS Template file?

Your Help is greatly appreciated!

Let me know if there is anything else I can offer to solve this one.

Thanks Again!

I'd also like to add that I solved the packages problem. You can view the solved issue at:

Take care,

Colin

greetz john

thanx

I rewrote the Master Products contribution, as well as rewrote the admin panel. It was a lot of work ;)

sammydeek, Your page appears to be blank.. heh..

Take care,

Colin

greetz john

thanx

I rewrote the Master Products contribution, as well as rewrote the admin panel. It was a lot of work ;)

I want to know how to solve the problem with this contribution, but, I'm in your page and when I tried to see the manufacters, it is showing an error, you sould check it.

Hello Colin,

Sorry about that....may have been updating the page when you were looking at it. It should be working now.

If you notice the left hand side boxes should match up with the right hand side with what is being pushed all the way down to the right hand bottom corner of the site.

Thanks Again!

Hi I don?t know if this was posted before this topic is very long so I can?t check? but some might find it useful.

I noticed that if I hide a slave it still shows up in the category count like

"shirt (10)" would show up even if there are only 7 products and 3 hidden slaves here is a way to show only products that are visible in the category listing...

go to includes/functions/general.php around line 374

Replace

if ($include_inactive == true) {
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "'");
   } else {
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "'"); 
   }

with this

if ($include_inactive == true) {
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_listing_status !='0' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "'");
   } else {
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status !='0' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "'");
   }

Now category count will only reflect visible products

:thumbsup:

Now category count will only reflect visible products

so perhaps you know of a way to make all the products in the "top" category invisible, too? What i really want to do is delete the products, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do so other than one at a time through the admin panel. I have over 700 books that inadvertently ended up in that category and I want to begin to populate my database from scratch, but alas.... I am handicapped when it come to php

Building the web - One Site at A Time

Hi to all.

I've a little question:

In the file product_listing.php catalog side, in the case PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW if I make the modification, here the new code:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
           $lc_align = 'center';
//Master Products            
           if ($listing['products_master_status'] != '1' && $listing['products_master'] == '0') {
           $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
       } elseif ($listing['products_master'] != '0') {
           $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_master']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';       
       } else {
           $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
       }	
//Master Products EOF       	 
           break;

in the advanced_search_result.php if I click on the button buy now, nothing are add...and a message says, product not found....

Any idea???

Tnx a lot, jo.

Ps, you can find the site at www.k-com.it/catalog

Take care,

Colin

greetz john

thanx

@ colin

your page has an error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_id, p.products_model, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_tax_class_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.status, p.products_price, p.products_package from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_master = '29' and p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status ='0' and pd.language_id = '1' order by limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

greetz john

does anyone have a FULL VERSION with all the corrections?

it sure would make it nice, if someone adds/changes a contribution to put the complete contribution together.

the one up is the latest (and works fine), if you would like to use options in your slave you would need to install the option addon, the rest is depending how you would like it ie. some like to display a price for the master and would not like the customer to buy it so there are some tweaks that need to be done in order to get it in the way you like it ;-)

greetz john

Thanks Again in advance for any assistence you can give on this one.

Here is a link to the page I'm having the problem with...

http://heavenstherapy.org/hteshop/product_...&products_id=29

It looks as if the master_listing.php attributes are larger than the attributes set for product_info.php and its causing it to overflow.

Again Im using the STS Template contribution and Master Products 1.5...maybe I just dont get the concept...do I need to not add the Master Products Code to the products_info.php file but to a STS Template file?

Your Help is greatly appreciated!

Let me know if there is anything else I can offer to solve this one.

Thanks Again!

Does anyone know how to hide the add to cart button along with the price in the product listing on index and all other pages except product_listing.php for masters with zero prices?

Much obliged for all assistance!

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

I can see by using this thing that it is quite a beast and a lot has gone into it and it is a great boon to OS2. Bravo Matti and everyone else who has brought it this far! Having said that I have some suggestions/requests for you Matti and everyone else capable for you to consider in your plans.

1. The usual instructions would be nice. This is a very difficult mod to install to an existing cart with certain other mods installed. Yikes! It isn't nearly as user friendly has other mods. One can't simple find the code to add to or replace cause there are no instructions and it is hard to find what to change because the files don't contain the all the original code anymore so you can find your way. The usual install instructions would be nice.

2. It doesn't play well with Quantity Price Breaks nor Easy Populate modified for quantity price breaks, at least not in my experience. It would be great if these were already integrated since they are both so important and popular and occupy the same code neighborhood and are thus very challenging to get to play nice with each other, unless you eat and drink php.

3. Here's a good one. Once you integrate Quantity Price Breaks, each slave can only be purchased according to its quantity block right. That's all I use it for anyway. I don't even use the price breaks. I just need to force buying in certain lot sizes. Anyway, now wouldn't it be sweet if those pull down quantity lists were according to those lots so that if your product came in lots of 6 for example it would give you a choice of 6, 12, 18, 24, etc. And while we are at it. It would be nice to be able to turn off the drop down for the master and just force it to one or at least default it to one.

3. Now the big wish. Wouldn't it be great if the master could be like a buyer's choice assortment that had a price and maybe included some certain free slaves such as a display for the assortment and also included so many slave products or so many dollars worth of the slaves to go into this free display and you could go in and pick what you wanted and it checked your math and forced you to get it right? Wouldn't it be great? That's what my customer wanted and it seems quite reasonable to him. Oh well.

4. This one you already know about, multiple masters for each slave so you don't have to put your products in two and three times under different model numbers. Ugh!

Thanks for all you're doing!

Cheers!

Does anyone know how to hide the add to cart button along with the price in the product listing on index and all other pages except product_listing.php for masters with zero prices?

Much obliged for all assistance!

I meant "except product_info.php" where of course I want the add to cart button to appear.

Edited by Dhananjaya

Hi..... any help would be appriciated.... :-)

I have installed v1.52 and folowed the instructions, the admin part works, it also seems to write fine into the database but no slaves show under the master product...... only the following text:

"There are no additional products with this item"

This site also have several other mods installed inc. ultra pics and html area +++++

Anyone have any idea how to fix this impass?

All products (master, slaves) have manufacturers.  :(

:-"

:'(

I'm sorry I don?t know another thing that could cause this problem, but I could tell you I had the same problem and that solved it. I saw many people posting the problem that no item were coming up and selecting manufacturers solved it. So try playing with it.

Good Luck

I'm sorry I don?t know another thing that could cause this problem, but I could tell you I had the same problem and that solved it. I saw many people posting the problem that no item were coming up and selecting manufacturers solved it. So try playing with it.

Good Luck

I have all the products in my list. I dont have any missing product in the list. The problem is that I have a text based (on the top) and a normal (below) product list. (see the link in my prev. message) :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i have an issue where i think im gonna have to modify a few pages quite a bit.

I need to display the master HTML description as well as the slave items in the place where the listings are.

They want the product listing to look similar to this

http://dev3.bydomino.com/clients/lgmold/ht...body_Brakes.htm

:blink:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. If the OSC core coding wasnt such a mess I probably wouldnt had so much trouble figuring these things out.

:'(