• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Matti "Johnson" posted a fix for this quite early on and I saw it a couple of days ago in this forum though I can't quite remember how I found it... :blush:

I have searched for the fix but I can?t find it. I think other persons will get this problem too so it would be great to write the solution so it is easier to find.

I messed up badly somewhere.

Slaves are now being added to every purchase -- even when not selected and even when I put '0' in the quantity box for the slaves!

When I put in a quantity larger than 0 the correct number ends up in the shopping cart.

Any idea where I should start looking?

I installed master product v2. I tested it and some part are not working. Anyone got any solution to this, Am I missing some step in the installation. Please advise.

First is that slave product are not being hidden, when i select hide product in the admin area.

Second, is when you select one of the slave product to buy now. It doesn't check out the slave product name, instead it just check it out as the master product name. I think i'm missing a line somewhere.

Can someone help me out.

thanks

I am having the excact same problem. Freshly installed, out of the box, to avoid conflicts with other contribs.

Has this problem been solved?

I am sorry if this has been asked before. I installed a brand new store, and then installed master product 1.1.5, no error message, and then I import my existing database through mySQL, also says import successfully. but I got error message on the site, any help will be greatly appreciated. the errors are:

Under new product, I got:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_listing_status' in 'where clause'

select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit 0

[TEP STOP]

under product list, I got:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_listing_status' in 'where clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '27'

[TEP STOP]

Thanks

Stefan

Edited by Yanku

I am struggling withy MP myself so can't help there, but this error message looks like the same that one gets when the server uses php and mySQL5.

I had to use the update contrib to fix mine, then again this may not be that.

Best wait until an MKP guy comes along.

Good oluck!

Oz

Hi @ll,

I have searched and experimented all day but I'm currently lost for ideas. Maybe one of you can give me a hint. I'm not 100 % sure if the problem really lies within the Master Products contribution but this is my last shot.

I'm using Master Products for quite a while now and it's working fine. After that I added a replacement contrib for attributes dropdown on product_info.php when only one attribute exists. Also working fine. Then I installed the Ultimate SEO urls which needed a bit of mending but also working fine. Up until now when adding any product to cart, they appear with their attribute.

Now I tried to install the Wishlist 3.5d contribution which is working fine too as it at least adds the product to the Wishlist and from there to the cart, when selected. I can also go back to the product via the Wishlist product link. What is missing is the attribute (I only have one per product which is "hidden" in product_info.php) when adding from product_info.php to Wishlist.

After some searching I found a similar problem with QT Pro contribution. I think it has to do with MP and QT Pro handle attributes in application_top.php.

So my first question is: Has anyone here managed to get MP and Wishlist 3 to work together in regards to attributes?

The code for Wishlist in application top checks this:

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)
if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_x'])) {
 if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {
  $attributes_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];
  tep_session_register('attributes_id');
}

$wishlist_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'];
tep_session_register('wishlist_id');
 }
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
}

$HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] seems to have some value, otherwise I would think no whishlist with products would be created in the first place (that's the bit that is working fine). So I guess the next bit is not working as $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'] doesn't seem to hold the attributes value. Instead I think this is stored in $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"].

So here comes the next question: How should the value in $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'] and $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"] look like? How can I convert $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"] into what Wishlist expects in above snippet?

Once I get this to work, I would also like to use the Wishlist button(s) with my Article Manager 1.4 xsell products. Any idea on this?

Sorry for writing a novel. Any help is much appreciated.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

I am struggling withy MP myself so can't help there, but this error message looks like the same that one gets when the server uses php and mySQL5.

I had to use the update contrib to fix mine, then again this may not be that.

Best wait until an MKP guy comes along.

Good oluck!

Oz

Hello Oz

Thank you for your hint. Yes you was a help!

I was building the site on a local server, on mySQL4 though (beacuse Oscom does not run under mySQL5) but this was apparently the issue. I copied the site on my regular online-server and **magic** it does work fine now.

I hope I can figer out what?s up with my local server later on ? but thanks to your hint I can finish the job :thumbsup:

Thanks to Matti Ressler for this great contrib!

Bye

Fixed it. It was the little bit about $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"] that caused the problem. If I don't tell what $prodId is, then it doesn't know which session variable to check.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Hi,

I am trying to get MP happening on a NON STS osc store but get these messages..

Can anyone give me any light on what I may be doing wrong?

pinch.gif

On the CATALOG side ,..

1. Going from Home page when clicked on product images.. I get this message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/starmp3/public_html/store/catalog/product_info.php on line 1

2. Going from Catagory Search box

Let's See What We Have Here

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_listing_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '21'

[TEP STOP]

---------------------------------------------------

On ADMIN side .. From Admin Panel ..

1. My Store

Not Found

The requested URL /store/catalog/admin/FILENAME_CONFIGURATION was not found on this server.

2. Catagory Contents

Not Found

The requested URL /store/catalog/admin/FILENAME_CATEGORIES was not found on this server.

3. Customers

Not Found

The requested URL /store/catalog/admin/FILENAME_CUSTOMERS was not found on this server.

etc etc..

I have installed Master products and it's working great, I have also installed the contribution Sort_order, this is working great for the master products, what can I do to sort_order the slave products.

I put in for size S sort_order 1, size M sort_order 2, Size L sort_order 3 etc.

Now it's like:

Dress Size L

Dress Size M

Dress Size S

Dress Size XL

I ofcourse would like to have S, M,L,XL

Can anybody help me, or tell me where and witch line of code I would have to adjust?

With regards,

Don

Unwanted slaves added to cart by Master Products Attributes Add-on Rev4 ?

I posted about slaves that hadn't been selected being added to the cart a few posts back.

In the meantime I started again with my original store and added in everything step-by-step to see at what point the problem would appear -- it is with step 7 of Master Products Attributes Add-on Rev4.

Up to that step everything works as expected but from step 7 on every product with a slave automatically adds one copy of every slave associated with that product.

Anybody have any ideas?

Peter

.... from step 7 on every product with a slave automatically adds one copy of every slave associated with that product.

So I took step 7 (the new code in application_top) out again and everything seems to work fine without it: what am i missing? What does the code do, exactly?

Peter

hi guys.

i installed this contrib - on site it works fine - having no problems displaying the products or the slaves etc.

the problem i am having is that if i order (first time on account) - i go through the process normally - when i click on confirm order button i get my order successfull page that says my order went through fine.

then i try a second order - go through fine up to the confirm order page - when i click on the conrifm order button - the next page that shows says my cart is empty - not the order successfull page :S

when i look in my admin orders area - it shows the second order went through - all details are in the second order invoice etc. yet in front-end - it does not say that the order went though successfully.

now - i tried to updated the status of my orders (all of them) - i set it to 'delivered' - then i can order again fine - but once only again. the second order, again, does not show the order successfull page.

why wont it show the right page after the second order was completed? can anyone help me please?

hi guys.

i installed this contrib - on site it works fine - having no problems displaying the products or the slaves etc.

the problem i am having is that if i order (first time on account) - i go through the process normally - when i click on confirm order button i get my order successfull page that says my order went through fine.

then i try a second order - go through fine up to the confirm order page - when i click on the conrifm order button - the next page that shows says my cart is empty - not the order successfull page :S

when i look in my admin orders area - it shows the second order went through - all details are in the second order invoice etc. yet in front-end - it does not say that the order went though successfully.

now - i tried to updated the status of my orders (all of them) - i set it to 'delivered' - then i can order again fine - but once only again. the second order, again, does not show the order successfull page.

why wont it show the right page after the second order was completed? can anyone help me please?

Have you installed the Rev 4 correction (available from the same page in Contributions)? Secondly what payment module are you using? This may have an impact.

Edited by Sierrab

yes, - i hav got Rev 4 correction .... i went back to check that it is as in Rev 4 - and it is...

i used the cod payment method to test with. testing on my local pc.

yes, - i hav got Rev 4 correction .... i went back to check that it is as in Rev 4 - and it is...

i used the cod payment method to test with. testing on my local pc.

Try and see if the same problem exists with a non master/slave product. I have installed this contrib in 4 stores and have not had a problem like this with it

I posted about slaves that hadn't been selected being added to the cart a few posts back.

In the meantime I started again with my original store and added in everything step-by-step to see at what point the problem would appear -- it is with step 7 of Master Products Attributes Add-on Rev4.

Up to that step everything works as expected but from step 7 on every product with a slave automatically adds one copy of every slave associated with that product.

Anybody have any ideas?

Peter

OK -- so taking out step 7 isn't a good idea as the options don't get carried forward. But leaving it in adds the unwanted slaves every time.. :(

I'm getting fairly desperate....

you're not the only one with problems - mine screws up my order successfull page for the second order (and any order after 2nd). displays a page that says my cart is empty - but admin shows the order went through.

going to have to backtrack all my steps - hopefully i can find what went wrong... i hope....

I'm not sure if this is the point of the Master/Slave contrib.

I have an audio book for sale. The Master is the Audio Book and the Slaves are the chapters, which are downloads. Is there a way to add the Master to the cart and have the slaves available for download?

Currently, I can add all the slaves, but the cart gets very full.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Drew

Edited by BuyyuB

Anybody have any ideas?

Peter

Anybody have experience hiring a PHP programmer to trouble shoot contributions?

Peter

Hello alltogether!

I have installed MP and everything works fine except for the "hide" function.

I select to hide the slave products but they still show up in the products listing page.

Has anybody had the same problem and knows the answer?

:'(