• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Master Products - MS2

Ok - make sure that products_master and products_master_status are in the $product_query

Does it need to be here as well:

$sql_data_array

?

Kristy

See you on the dark side,

Kristy

I'm just a girl living in captivity

Your rules of thumb makes me worrisome

I dont know if this is possilbe. But i'm trying to figure out if there is a way to use the Products Attributes along with a Master product. Let me explain further.

For Example:

I Have AEM Fuel Rails for about 10 different make/model cars.

These Fuel Rails come in Blue, Silver, Red colors.

So that means I have to add 30 different products, but if i can setup the Products Attributes to work with all the slave Attributes under the master, then I would only have to make 10 products, one for each make/model car. Then the drop down menu can just determine the color. I added Color-Blue-Red-Silver under product attributes for AEM Fuel Rail (Master). The drop down menu showed up on the AEM Fuel Rail (Master) page, but say i select the color from the drop down menu and select to buy one for a Acura Integra. In the shopping cart it doesnt say the color. It just lists the prodcuts name.

Sorry if i confused you. I can try to explain further if you don't understand what I am trying to do.

Okay, I think I have half way fixed it. I saw the one of my sql statements was missing some info. (By the way why do you have p.products_price listed twice in the $product_query on line 476?)

I also so some difference in code with "Beyond Compare" program you suggested where I had && listed as

&&

. When I changed it some interesting things happened.

1.) when I select a master from the drop down, the product_id for the master properly populated (it's never done that before!)

2.) When I use the drop down from the "select master", though #1 happens when I choose the master, it reverts back to "select Master" in the field. It saves properly, but it will not retain the name of the master once selected.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kristy

Kristy

rufiogsr,

Have you tried adding the products attributes to the slave? I think you are thinking in an OO way instead of a DB way. A product slave probably can't "inheret" its master's attributes.

HTH,

Kristy

Kristy

rufiogsr,

Have you tried adding the products attributes to the slave? I think you are thinking in an OO way instead of a DB way. A product slave probably can't "inheret" its master's attributes.

HTH,

Kristy

Adding the Product Attributes to each slave would take way too long. I would be better off just inserting the 30 products instead.

I'm Just seeing if there is a way to have those slaves see the Masters Attributes. I really dont know if it could be done or not. Hopefully someone can figure it out, if not ill just have to do it the long way. :P

I dont know if this is possilbe. But i'm trying to figure out if there is a way to use the Products Attributes along with a Master product.

There is always a way :D

Full attributes handling for both Master and Slaves will be a key feature in version 2 of Master Products.

I hope to have this out shortly after Christmas :P

Matti

I dont know if this is possilbe.  But i'm trying to figure out if there is a way to use the Products Attributes along with a Master product.

There is always a way :D

Full attributes handling for both Master and Slaves will be a key feature in version 2 of Master Products.

I hope to have this out shortly after Christmas :P

Matti

I'm looking forward to this upgrade. It will definitely make things much easier. Another change I would like to see is when I go to 'copy to' for a product in admin, maybe there can be a selection for how many copies I want. This would make things a lot easier also since some of use copy the same item 10-30 times. Other then that the scripts are great and I'm really looking forward to the next release.

Mike.

Well I dont' know if this has been brought up.. but you might want to think of a new naming scheme! :P

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/m...reut/index.html

Why? are you offended? Then I would ask you to consider the fact that the English language has many instances of the same words having both positive/negative interpretations - this is just one instance. Really, I think that people who cannot cope with diversity need counselling, rather than imposing their own dominance on the remainder of society - they believe that we should be slaves to their own narrow mindedness :blink:

Matti

Well I dont' know if this has been brought up.. but you might want to think of a new naming scheme!

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/m...reut/index.html

This coming from a state that is considered by the rest of the country as having fruity legislation and the worst economic development. Just what CA needs: another reason to drive companies out of the state. :rolleyes:

--Kristy

Kristy

Hi,

Does anyone have this contribution working with MS2 HTML WYSIWYG Editor, Product Desc, Email + ? I have both working well, except i cannot integrate the 2 into the admin\includes\categories.php ? lot of change going on in this file. If anyone can help, i'll post them the site. I'm currently having to create the HTML in frontpage and paste into the product box. I'm unable to create the HTML page within Oscommerce admin - until categories.php is fixed :(

Many thanks for your help in the past.

Marc

I don't care if this contirbution is called Whitey and Honkey!!!!

I just can't wait to get it integrated and up and running. This is the best thing to hit OSC since Recover Cart Sales. I was loosing business that I didnt know about until that contirbution. I am also loosing sales that I DO know about, but the current system is way to complex to and not designed to use for selling parts.

This mod makes selling parts possible! Keep up the good work guys and Happy Holidays. ( I would say Merry Christmas but I would hate to offend anyone. ) :P

Go on....upgrade to MS2. I just did just so I could use master products (one week of hard work!).

Suggestion for version 2:

I would love to have the possibilty of a tiny thumbnail image appearing in product info in each slave product listing. I am using this amongst other things to offer bundles (sets) of dvds and don't really want to display each one individually in the category listing but still need to show some sort of image.

I don't know if upgrading is an option. I have a lot of contributions loaded as well as some of my own custom code.

The idea of creating a new ms2 store from scratch does not sound like fun to me. I would then have to add a dozen or so contributions to it.

I don't see how I have a choice though. All the new contributions are for ms2 and I'm running ms1. I bet it will take a month to get all the code changes back in.

I would love to have the possibilty of a tiny thumbnail image appearing in product info in each slave product listing.
Uhmm...admin > Configuration > Slave Products > Display Slave Product Image? Or do you just want to modify the size of this image? To modify the size, change (around lines 150-7 of includes/modules/master_listing.php)
          case 'MASTER_LIST_IMAGE':
           $lc_align = 'center';
           if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
             $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
           } else {
             $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a> ';
           }
           break;

to

case 'MASTER_LIST_IMAGE':
           $lc_align = 'center';
           if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
             $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SLAVE_IMAGE_WIDTH, SLAVE_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
           } else {
             $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SLAVE_IMAGE_WIDTH, SLAVE_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a> ';
           }
           break;

and run the following SQL

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Slave Image Width', 'SLAVE_IMAGE_WIDTH', '100', 'The pixel width of images in the slave listings', '4', '0', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Slave Image Height', 'SLAVE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '80', 'The pixel height of images in the slave listings', '4', '0', now());

Now the slave listing image size will be set separately in admin > Configuration > Images. Change sort order numbers as works for you.

Hth,

Matt

I have installed the package and have been trying to solve this problem (any help would be greatly appreciated):

I can not add the item to the cart only the slaves are added to the cart, when I change in product_info.php

if ($product_master['products_price']!= '0')

it switches and only the product adds to the cart and not the slaves???? :blink:

Thanks again.

hi,

i have installed this contrib too, but i have the same problem.

has anyone an idea to solve it?

thx soc.

Christian, look back at page 5 of this thread to add the master every time Add to Cart is pressed: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67284&st=42

If you want to add the master only some of the time, I think that you would be better off defining two separate products: one to be the master; one to be a slave that could be added.

Hth,

Matt

hi matt,

thx for your help.

now i have another problem.

i've some products with slave, where the slaves have different prices:

for example:

master: no price

slave 1: 10 EUR

slave 2: 10 EUR

slave 3: 15 EUR

now i need in the product listing.php and other scripts the following displaying-feature:

master

ab(from) 10 EUR

how can i realize that?

thx soc.