• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default Theme

Yes, as long as you leave the copyright info at the bottom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Oh, I thought you meant you wanted to use the default OSC theme.

To change the look of OSC, you'll need to alter the following files....

header.php

footer.php

column_left.php

column_right.php

stylesheet.css

and all of the infobox files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

here is my sitewww.extremedreams.tv

I want a cart that looks exactly like is is another pge on the site

I've been palying with Calloways Cart - and will temporarily activate it - CCART - looks just like it is part of the site - without having hd to make to many mods - but code is not very clean or stable - besides only has one payment gateway - would like to have oscommece running instead and to look like exactly a part of my site thematically- so all the files in the prior reply are the only ones that need to be changed to accomplish this?

Thanks

tdg

Sure. All of the files that I menation (about 15 or so) are the ones that you'll need to alter in order to do so.

Kepp in mind that they are all php files, and not html files.

I checked out your site ( really cool) and it is similar cart and thematically to what I want to do. - That is make the cart look like a seemles part of the site theme.

Did you start with a finished site and integrte OSCommerce into it or did you stat with oscommerce and mod it?

Also a dumb question but is there a tutorial to take one step by step to integrate OSC into an already existing site and preserve the theme of the pre existing site - I mean I coded my whole sit ebut still not really an expert with php

Thanks

As far as I know, there is not a step by step tutorial.

Your best bet its to continue to mod your cart until it looks similar to your website.

It depends on what version of OSC you are using. For the default OSC that you download from this website, the catalog stylesheet.css is at /catalog/includes/stylesheet.css. The inofbox files are located at catalog/includes/boxes/

There is more information at http://wiki.oscommerce.com/docsCat, but I'm not sure that it rises to the level of what you want (if not, consider writing a tutorial as you go). In general, what you want to do is to modify the osCommerce store to match the rest of the site. You can do this by modifying the files Chris mentioned (the boxes files are includes/classes/boxes.php and those in includes/boxes).

Hth,

Matt

Archived