• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Item order

quietflyer

What do you mean by specific order? On the product listing page? If that's the case, and you don't have many items, you can set their display order in your admin under catalog - Categories / Products, open a category folder, click on a product, click edit, then set the sort order to whichever position you want the item to display. Do the same for your categories.

If you have a large catalog, the only practical way is to edit the tables in phpmyadmin with sql queries.

Go to your admin. Click "catalog" on the left. You should see a page that lists your categories. Click on a category name, not the yellow folder icon. The click the "edit" button and change the sort order. My mistake about the products, sorry. I'll get back to you about changing the default sort order of the products.

Thanks but I created my own solution to this issue. It involves hacks to the style sheet and hacks to the product_listing.php so I guess it would be a contribution if it works out well for me. I will release what I did if it works on a default install, but so far I haven't tested on anything except what I have been paid to do.

Archived