• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Set up a store in Qu?bec, Canada

Hi everyone,

I am all new to osCommerce. My host has an automatic intallation of this script, so I have tried it a bit, but I noticed that there will be quite a lot of tweaking to be done.

I would like to set up a bilingual Web store (French and English) that will sell goods from the province of Qu?bec, in Canada. Now, what files/packages do I need to download to make this work in regards to:

Shipping (Canada Post)

Canadian Taxes (In Quebec, it is kind of tricky cause we Tax the Federal Tax, a real nonsense)

French language of the boutique

Thanks

Update

=========================

Unfortunately, the French file seems to corrupt the automatic installation done by my host.

FYI, this installation is osCommerce 2.2CVS.

Everytime I overwrite the files with those packaged in the French contribution, I get database error messages. Do I have to update the database with some tables or what?

Also, this might be out of context a bit, but is there some kind of installation/configuration services in the Montreal area? I am tempted to collaborate with someone to prepare the skeleton of this commerce site, perhaps even with an accountant to make sure that all those taxes problems are correctly configured.

We will be selling DVDs.

Thanks for any hints that might guide me.

Archived