• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Backup Manager in Admin

brendalee

As my store has grown I have been faithfully backing up my database using the DBase Backup Manager in Admin. I'm running 2.2CVS. I am now up to about 325 products and the Admin >> Backup Manager seems to no longer want me to do a backup. The last successfully backed up file size was almost 1.5 Meg My question.. is there a max file size the Manager can handle ? is there a way to re-configure it ? I know I can always do backups off my server but the Admin panel is so darn handy.

This is the error message I get

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 1498022 bytes) in ... /store/admin/backup.php on line 49

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 137 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Client who I did the OC site for just did a backup and restore. Unfortunately, their database is massive and only half of it was saved. Now I have major dramas and things are not working right, so I guess the answer is yes, there is a limit!

I prefer to go into phpmyadmin and do it manually. Even if you have to save it in sections, at least you know you are getting the whole thing..

Just my 2? worth..

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to be insane, but now I'm just nuts ;)

I have a quick maybe stupid question my database is just over 6 meg small nightmare i have moved from a shared server to my own windows 2003 server the main problem is trying to import the database into my own server i have tried to export from my other host phpmyadmin but still dont seem to get files.

So my question is when i export from phpmyadmin what should be ticked

data and structure and send i presume at the miniumum but what else ?

failed attemp of recreating orig site on new server

Site with major errors above

all files exact from old host but still erorrs and once you click a product you get link not found ?

Any ideas

Charly

Charly

My fav site

Spend most my cash there dont tell the wife:-)

If your database is too large, try going into phpmyadmin and saving it by parts.

I save structure alone as a single file (not usually too large), then save the data alone as A-K and L-Z (2 files, or you might have to split it into smaller if your database is huge.

Just my 2? worth..

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to be insane, but now I'm just nuts ;)

Archived