• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

From a Marketers Point of View

Hello Developers,

I'm David Lander and I have just paid a company to upgrade my website with OSCommerce. From a sales and bottom line perspective I offer these time tested online marketing tools for inclusion in the next version of OSC:

*Discount code mod with experation date

*Survey that produces a discount code upon completion (survey should be editable on admin side)

*A pop up or pop under box that allows guest to quickly join a mailing list without having to fill out the entire registration form. The guest simply enters their email address and recieves an email with a link to confirm subscription.

*Live Help Chat Box that caches conversations. Good for imporoving customer service, and getting new product and site navigation ideas. (ALA Qualt? ezCHAT, Qualte.com)

Also,

*Thunbnail image upload AND full-size image upload. This would save a lot of loadtime and bandwidth, since, in my opinion, the full size images should be very large and hi-res.

*Customer Service Ticker system with onsolidated customer service and order histories.(ALA Qualt? Qshopper, Qualte.com) that can be administrated from control panel.

*Easily edit order confirmation emails from control panel. Html should definitly be enable and ideally should include a randomly generated discount code and upsell for related products.

*Change status for "delivered" option to"shipped"!!! This has been a BIG customer service hassle with us because all our customers are complaining about not getting there stuff when they get an email that says their order has been "delivered" not "shipped".

*Search or alphabetical jump-to of customer list on control panel. Searchable my name, city, State, invoice#, etc.

If there is a developer out there that wants to create these mods I would be interested in sponser his or her efforts. Please email me at [email protected]

See Ya All Later,

David Lander

BrassKnucklesCompany.com

David

I couldn?t agree more with some of your ideas, especially the survey that produced a discount coupon upon completion. That?s a really nice way to gather feedback from customers.

There are a few things you mentioned there that contributions exist for.

Ie. The thumbnail AND full sized image upload and newsletter subscription without registering.

You can change the order statuses in the admin of OSC so you can delete the ?delivered? status and add a ?Shipped? status, too easy.

Dan

*Discount code mod with experation date

There's a really good MOD for discounts. Haven't used it yet.

*Survey that produces a discount code upon completion (survey should be editable on admin side)

That's a really good idea. I've done surveys (multipage, save results to Excel file, email a thanks) and I've done OSC, but not combined the two yet.

*A pop up or pop under box that allows guest to quickly join a mailing list without having to fill out the entire registration form. The guest simply enters their email address and recieves an email with a link to confirm subscription.

We have a definite requirement for that (the site I last worked on is http://www.absolutepearls.co.uk , by the way). I'm pretty sure there's a mod for it already, I just need to install it.

*Live Help Chat Box that caches conversations. Good for imporoving customer service, and getting new product and site navigation ideas. (ALA Qualt? ezCHAT, Qualte.com)

Mod available for livechat.

*Thunbnail image upload AND full-size image upload. This would save a lot of loadtime and bandwidth, since, in my opinion, the full size images should be very large and hi-res.

The Ultrapics or Mopics mods do this. I used a simple 3-image mod for thumb, medium and large. You can see that on my store.

*Customer Service Ticker system with onsolidated customer service and order histories.(ALA Qualt? Qshopper, Qualte.com) that can be administrated from control panel.

Great idea. There's plenty of solid PHP ticket-tracking systems out there that could probably be integrated. Not easy tho.

*Easily edit order confirmation emails from control panel. Html should definitly be enable and ideally should include a randomly generated discount code and upsell for related products.

We customised all our emails. Its easy. Adding easy discounts and upsells for the admin isn't too easy. The cross-sell mod we've got does the job at product info level tho.

*Change status for "delivered" option to"shipped"!!! This has been a BIG customer service hassle with us because all our customers are complaining about not getting there stuff when they get an email that says their order has been "delivered" not "shipped".

We changed it to 'dispatched'. Definitely needed doing. Easy.

*Search or alphabetical jump-to of customer list on control panel. Searchable my name, city, State, invoice#, etc.

Be nice to see too.

If you need any of this stuff urgently for your own store by the way, feel free to contact me to see if I can help on a paid basis?

Otherwise, good luck with it and thanks for the ideas!

Adam Knowles

Freelance Digital Designer

• 3 years later...

An even better idea is to be an honest company. brassknuclecompany is a scam and David Lander is a theif, a real snake. He takes your money and then simply ignores complaints and doesn't respond to contacts.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DAVID LANDER OR BRASSKNUCKLECOMPANY.

This is the wrong spot to place your complaints. If you experienced problems, hire a lawyer and go to court.

This is a forum where people are seeking for help and others who are helping them. Neither a marketplace nor a place to blame someone. Did you get that?

Archived