• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I add a table?

finch8243

Question -- I'm building a store for a high-end product for which "designers" is an appropriate classification. I'd like to add another table called "designers" along the lines of the "manufacturers" table. I want it to act in much the same way -- be pulled up on each relevant product page. I want our storeowners to be able to fill in the designer information at the same time they are adding new product information.

I realize there is a contribution for adding new fields to the product table. I'm wondering if there is a contribution for adding new tables entirely and integrating them into both the product page and the Admin interface?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Finch

Finch

I'm making a record shop (have a look at my development site at www.electriccommerce.co.uk/catalog). I just changed the word Manufacturers to Artists throughout all the occurences in the files in the languages directory.

I think the guy that first replied was a bit confused - that's info on how to add a new box to a column. Am I right in thinking you want get rid of manufacturers as a field and use it in exactly the same way except it's called Designers?

dannybuoy:

Where in heavensname do you read that OP want's to get rid of the manufacturers box?

I read the following:

*I'd like to add another table called "designers" along the lines of the "manufacturers" table.*

From "Adding another table" I conclude that OP wants to add a box which in his "speak" is a table.

I may be confused but I know the difference between add and remove :-)

Changing the word *manufacturers* into *whatever* is something defferent altogether.

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

Sorry for the confusion. I want to retain "Manufacturers" as a box in column_left. I want to add another table in the OSC db called "designers" which will also have a relationship with each product. In other words, each product has a manufacturer . . . it also has a designer (i'm selling furniture).

I want to be able to sort by Designer just as I already can sort by Manufacturer. Thanks for the advice on adding a new box -- I'm going to look into that.

F

Finch

From what i think i am getting out of your post.

The first thing you need to do is go in your database and find where the manufacturer names that are used in the manufacturer search are located.

then when you find that in the database insert a new field and call it designers or whatever you want.

the go into osc and take the manufacturers.php and rename it to designers.php and make the changes so it calls out the new db field and then add that into your column right or left where ever you want. it seems like its easy but there is some work involved to get everything working.

then when you get that done, you have to go into admin and add the designers field so when you add a product manually you can set it up. if you use easypop you can edit the easypop.php to add the new designers field and you dont have to do the admin side of it. out of the 2 im not sure what one would be easier, the easypopulate.php can be tricky at times.

Archived