• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ge rid of "log In"

incel

Somebody know how to NOT use a customer log in when using the shoppingcart ?

ie a "guest" browsing and pick some products, and after just fill in a form with name and numbers and just send it.

check the contributions.

there is something that passes the whole loggin in option and go straight to filling in their shipping and credit card info.

But unless you have downloadable products, you still have to collect the users information before they can check out.

Why not just remove the account information you don't want the customer to have to provide? Such as dob, phone number, fax, gender, password. You can also remove the create account success page, and remove the login/logout link, and rename 'account' to 'customer info'. There is a full thread discussing this in the tips and triacks section.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived