• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Weight

ofmyst

This is a really basic question that probably is obvious but I cannot figure it out. When inputing product data there is an area for product weight. I cannot figure out if it is set up in lbs. or ozs. Most of my products are small; 1/4 - 1/2 ozs. I cannot figure out if I should put in .5 for 1/2 oz or if I should figure for each item what percentage of a # it is. Or am I missing the point entirely?

Thanks for any help.

You can use whatever you want to use. It is just a unit. I use grams so an item weighing 1kg would be entered as 1000 in the weight field.

You might need to change some text though depending on which shipping module you use. In zones, the text for weight reads lb(s) so that would need changing to whatever you are using.

That would be in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zones.php

I think. (off memory so check)

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your response, and I am sorry for the delay in addressing this. I looked for that file, and could not find it. There is a zones file in

admin/includes/languages/english/zones.php. However, I do not see what and where I need to make the changes. I am a novice, so it may be obvious but I am missing it. Essentially, I am working with items that are in ounces. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

I looked for that file, and could not find it.

Look again.... carefully - that is where it is :D

You are looking for this define:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_UNITS', 'lb(s)');

Matti

Matti,

I looked very carefully in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zones.php

as Julie suggested. At least in my folder there is no such file. She indicated that she was working off memory, so it occured to me that I should look around. I did find a zones file in admin/includes/languages/english/zones.php. However, before I made the assumption that this was the right file, I wanted to check.

If it is the case that I am missing the file in the catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/zones.php file, is there a place where I can find it? Or is the one I am looking for in admin/includes/languages/english/zones.php?

I am not trying to be difficult. I am just trying to figure this out.

Well, I just checked and in my version, it is exactly where I said it was.

This is the code for the file (altered to say g instead of lb(s)):

<?php
/*
 $Id: zones.php,v 1.3 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_TITLE', 'Zone Rates');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Zone Based Rates');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_WAY', 'Shipping to');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_UNITS', 'g');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_INVALID_ZONE', 'No shipping available to the selected country');
define('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_UNDEFINED_RATE', 'The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time');
?>

Make sure you are looking in catalog/includes etc. and not catalog/admin/includes etc.

Julie,

Thank you for looking. Is it possible I have a different version? I do have the directory you refer me to and I followed it carefully. In that directory I have files named fedex.php, flat.php, item.php, ups.php & usps.php but nothing called zones.php.

What to do, what to do.

Archived