• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is OS Commerce Too big for my needs?

Real Green Systems

Hi everyone,

I have set up one OS Commerce site already, but it is a pretty big site..over 2000 products. Recently, I was asked to set up several e-commerce sites where I work and would like to use OS Commerce as I am pretty comfortable with it. My only question is, is this too much for my needs?

The sites I need to set up will have at the most 100 items. It will always be around this many as we are a business that provides printable forms for our customers and we replace old forms with our newer ones. On a couple of the sites I am going to set up we have about 30 products and it doesn't look like we will ever expand too much.

Is this an overkill for what I want to do or will this work ok? Is there a version of OS Commerce lite?

The site I have set up in the past works excellent, but like I said it shadows over the sites I need to set up for my employers. I would like to stick with OS Commerce though. Any Feedback?? :huh:

There are small site using OSC out there - 20 or less products....

If there are "infoboxes" you don't need then they can be commented out (to make it cleaner looking). Even removing the code for them is possable too.

OSC can live very well on a 10MB webspace (with MySQL & PHP support) - however not too many hosting solutions are that small....

Our store that we are working is a Lite store" we just used BTS to create the feel we wantd and it worked fine. click on mt www below to see

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

Archived