• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Specials and New Products from index page

Hi,

I need to remove the specials and New Products from the index page of the site, but cannot find how to do this, any budding oscommerce users out there?

In a perfect world I would only like the specials to that Category to appear in each Category rather than any new/special product added again, is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

I'm not totally sure on this but some one correct me if I'm wrong here... I'll try to give some insight the best I can... When you post new items, it's less work to post the item under the catagorie where you wish it to permanently reside, then enter the specials section, enter item, price, and expiritory date for the special. I would imagine that if you follow this method, it shouldn't give you any difficulty in using specials.

Thanks for that, I am currently constructing the site and still in the process of sorting my products out, however, even though there are no specials listed, I can still see the Specials for November bar on the home page, which Ideally I would like to remove as well!

thank you for your speedy response!

Hi,

I need to remove the specials and New Products from the index page of the site, but cannot find how to do this, any budding oscommerce users out there?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Well I do not know much but I have figured that one out.

If you talking about the boxes in the columns on each side you need to open up:

catalog/includes/column_right.php or column_left.php and remove or remark out the reference to whatever box you do not want to see.

If you are talking about the large new products box in the center you need to go to:

catalog/index.php and find and remove the following code.

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

I just found this one my self.

Hope this helps

Richard

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Thanks for that reply, that was exactly what I wanted!

Just for furture reference if someone finds this in a search, I am using oscommerce with the templates feature, and the code to remove the new products and specials in the post above for the center of the page is not in index.php but in:

templates/content/index_default.tpl.php

but it is exactly the same code to remove.

Thanks again everyone!

Archived