• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do i make the state have a drop down menu?

Kristofor

Hi,

i have been wondering about this, i have Australia set to be at the top of my country drop down menu, now is there a way i can automatically have the state menu have the dropdown list with the australian zones, at the moment it is just the default box,

how could i make it show the australian zones in one box, then if another country other than australia, to use just the manual enter box.

Can someone tell me how this would work???

Thanks

Kristofor

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

HI

Take a look at this thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53879&st=30

This will give you a pull-down for states. What it wont give you and is something that a few of us are DESPERATELY seeking is the ability to to have the drop-down list of states available in the account edit page. You still have to enter those values manually which can lead to mistakes.

thanks

Rich

"May the seam be with you"

oh ok, yeh something like that, i can see why it is needed ont he account edit stuff, but that code is much harder to modify i think,

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

OK, I found the answer to the edit and add an address issue for this piece of code that works for me so far in every situation.

The file you need to add the same piece of code to is /catalog/includes/modules/address_book_details.php.

Simply add the same code from post one of This Topic to the same area of the above mentioned file and adding or editing an address book entry will give you a dropdown list for the state.

I hope this helps someone as this code has helped me!

Archived