• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Online advertising?

What places would u all recommend? I am currently using overture and google. but are there some others that i should try out. i am not using google right now though.

~William

I'd say google is probably the most productive ad network I use. It totally depends on your site.

The best thing I can think of doing, as far as advertising goes, is open an affiliate program. You get linked (boosts page rank), generate traffic, and only pay for sales.

I can speak from experience (finally) on Google :)

If you have a low advertising budget, you can send an email to Google's adwords program and someone will respond to your fairly quickly (1-2days). This person will become your rep and you can email them back with the keywords and phrases (plus the amount you are willing to pay per click) that you would like to use. Just let them know how much you can spend a month. (Ex: 50.00USD)

This program is not easy for those of us who are clueless about keywords, rankings and the like, but I have found the people at google to be friendly, honest and very helpful.

You can check out google.com and click on the "advertise with us" link (I think).

PS. I don't get anything from offering this info expect the satisfaction of knowing a little something about something for a change and being able to pass that information along :-)

Best of luck to you:-)

Oh! Have you tried Textads.com? Interesting way to get traffic to your site if you don't want to have a bunch of banners everywhere :-)

Good Luck!

Khim~

*edit*

BTW Marc? I can not wait till April :) That ultrasound pic is just way too cute!!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

Thanks Khim :D It really is the most exciting thing ever :D :D :D

William, try an affiliate site as previously suggested... of course you get what you pay for so best performers like cj.com are very expensive... I've gone with www.shareasale.com myself as the setup is only $200 and you can set the level that you pay your affiliates on results.

I've optimized a few sites/pages for Google and am #1 for many chosen searches on another of my sites out of 1.2m... for my shop I'm #5 for a couple of target phrases out of 5.5m but for more likely phrases I'm considering adwords - a little risky because they are only based on clicks rather than sales as with affiliate schemes but if you choose very targetted keywords and cap your impressions to your budget then it should be all good :)

• 1 year later...
Thanks Khim  :D It really is the most exciting thing ever  :D  :D  :D

William, try an affiliate site as previously suggested... of course you get what you pay for so best performers like cj.com are very expensive... I've gone with www.shareasale.com myself as the setup is only $200 and you can set the level that you pay your affiliates on results.

Could you please let me know how you convert osCommerce datafeeds to the CVS format required by ShareaSale? Is there a script you use to make the osCommerce database output suitable for ShareaSale? I would highly appreciate any help on this! Many thanks in advance!

Evgenii Prussakov

St. Petersburg, Russia

Archived