• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is it safe to copy a catalog?

mimages

Is it safe to copy the catalog folder from one site to another, and simply recreate the database? I know the config files in both the catalog root as well as the admin folder have references to paths, and I did a copy like the one I described, simply changing the username, password and database name. this appears to work fine, but then I looked a few lines up and noticed references to the first catalog's sever in several places, even though the system appears to be working fine. Will simply changing these paths be sufficient, or do I need to change a bunch more stuff, or say a few prayers?

Thanks

mimages

Backup your working configure.php files first. All the auto install does is import the database and write those two files. It's up to you if you find it easier to configure the files by hand--just make sure that you do so in consistent fashion. HTTP_ and HTTPS_SERVER should both map to the same place for example.

Good luck,

Matt

Thakns so much for letting me know. I was wondering if the auto install was a big deal. It seems to be a bit of a headache to be honest. I'll give it a shot and cry for help if I messup (in other words, "I'll be back!")

Thanks again.

Archived