• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

goldenchild

Hi I am a newbie to all this.

Could someone explain how I upload all the files to my server? In other words how do I install all this good stuff so it will work?

I know it may sound like a dumb question but like I said I am a newbie and self taught.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Golden

Golden

When 24 Karats aren't enough Golden is more than you can handle.

First you need to be sure your server supports php and mysql. Then you need an ftp program like cuteftp, or you might need a secure ftp program, I like SSH. You can search for those with google, and download a free version (not positive on the cuteftp). Your server needs to be set up by the host for ftp connection, they'll give you a username and a password. Follow the instructions with the ftp program to connect to your server. On the server locate the root directory, maybe something like www, or public, your host can tell you for sure. On your computer locate the oscommerce folder (which you have unzipped from the download), open the catalog folder, and select all the files and folders there. Drag them to the server window and drop them in. They should begin to be copied to the server, might take a minute or two to finish, and you're done that part. Check out the wiki site at the top of the page here for a bit more documentation. Jeremy

Ok I finished the installation.

But I am getting this error anyone know what I need to do? I think I am really having a serious brain fart :wacko: I know it is something simple.

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Golden

I did it finally with a help of a great friend.

It seems that cpanel does not work well with changing the permissions.

I had to change the permissions another way and BINGO it worked.

thanks jeremy for your assistance.

Golden

Archived