• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2checkout recurring billing?

hdezela

I've looked and searched, and I find a lot of posts asking questions about 2checkout and recurring billing but no answers whatsoever.

Is it possible to use OSCommerce with 2checkout for recurring billing?

Is there some file that need to be edited or is there a special plug-in (which I haven't been able to find) that does this?

yes please.. someone help this person.. I need to know as well so that I can set up a reoccuring billing sequence to allow someone to purchase a monthly voucher for downloading mp3's . instead of just buying 1 at a time

I'm am not aware of any contributions that provide for recurring billing.

I searched for a good deal of time and finally had to build a very custom recurring modification that works with linkpoint to Card Services.

Basically I set up attributes on products that allowed the user to select 3 month, 6 month, 12 month etc. and the associated price (discounted for longer committment). Then within the linkpoint API I called the "recurring" billing API to linkpoint setting the appropriate variable from the shopping cart.

The tricky part was then writing a nightly CRON script that would check all of the orders to see if an order contained a product that was due to be delivered and then setting the status to Pending and emailing the order admin.

Soooo, get out your favorite PHP/Mysql/Linux programmer and have a shot at it.

What I did is really not available for a contribution as it is highly specific to the site I built it for.

Good Luck

HTH

Tom

• 2 years later...
Basically I set up attributes on products that allowed the user to select 3 month, 6 month, 12 month etc. and the associated price (discounted for longer committment). Then within the linkpoint API I called the "recurring" billing API to linkpoint setting the appropriate variable from the shopping cart.

The tricky part was then writing a nightly CRON script that would check all of the orders to see if an order contained a product that was due to be delivered and then setting the status to Pending and emailing the order admin.

Soooo, get out your favorite PHP/Mysql/Linux programmer and have a shot at it.

QUESTION--

LINKPOINT offers absolutely no automated way to know the status of a recurring billing, aside from sending emails receipts of approved or declined for each transaction.

Though a guy over their name Robinson indicated others wanted this too and that they had considered offering access to transaction records via the API (or through some CGI etc), Linkpoint (aka Yourpay, same difference) has for over a year refused to give us simple API access to transaction records. This means that for recurring billing we are forced to rely on their VERY UNRELIABLE email receipts to determine if a recurring billing was approved, declined, or has hit decline "threshold." We have built a gonzo "yourpay email reader" script robot that reads these receipts daily from the mailbox but this fails occassionally, usually because LINKPOINT HAS AT TIMES FAILED TO SEND THIS EMAIL FOR DAYS AT A TIME (e.g. 10/20 and 10/21/2006). It's an unreliable "rube goldberg" way of automating the updating of our database and when I tell people about it they look at me like I'm an idiot.

If a merchant manually logs in to the Linkpoint site through the browser with merchant number, id, password, etc -- then he can view transactions by date and even download a very workable CSV or an XML with all this info. I just spent the upteenth time on the phone with Linkpoint BEGGING them to allow us to access this XML (or whatever) of transaction records for a given day THROUGH THE API so we know which which recurring orders were approved and which were declined. Basically they just said no and that I should put in suggestion (as I did over a year ago on several occasions via several channels).

I realize that we could manually have someone go to their website every morning using the browser, manually click away and download the CSV (or XML) of transaction for the previous day, and then upload that file up to our server and have a script parse it and update our own database, BUT IT SEEMS INSANE that we can't automate the process of getting this data (doesn't it???).

Has anyone else had to deal with this?

We recently tried to "hack" the linkpoint merchant site using curl etc so as to try and mimic a human users logging in and getting this file, but have not succeeded so far. Does anyone know if this is possible? This would solve all our problems if we could get it to work.

Thanks in advance if you know!

PS To anyone considering using any Firstdata product (e.g. Yourpay, or Linkpoint, there are probably others)... 98% of the time I've written email to support I get absolutely no reply and at least 45% of the time I call support I either get wrong information (sometimes blatantly obscenely wrong -- like "our system doesn't send the merchant email receipt copies for recurring transactions, I'm absolutely certain" -- even though this is precisely what it's been doing for us for 1 year plus) or am told that any problem is probably the fault of our own code, even when that is not even logically possible. I'd switch in a second if my backend wasn't coded around their API and system and I'm already short on developers.

QUESTION--

We recently tried to "hack" the linkpoint merchant site using curl etc so as to try and mimic a human users logging in and getting this file, but have not succeeded so far. Does anyone know if this is possible? This would solve all our problems if we could get it to work.

Thanks in advance if you know!

You might want to try scripting with perl and LWP along with a perl module for https communications. Here's a link that might help.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linu...perlsecure.html

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
QUESTION--

LINKPOINT offers absolutely no automated way to know the status of a recurring billing, aside from sending emails receipts of approved or declined for each transaction.

---snip---

Has anyone else had to deal with this?

This is something that I have been trying to figure out as well. It's a ROYAL PAIN that there is no automated way of getting this data via the LinkPoint API. Right now, we too have to do this all manually, and as the number of recurring transactions grows, the time it takes to deal with this manually will become overwhelming.

If you come up with some way around this, or hear anything from LinkPoint on this, please do let me know!

thanks,

-Brian

Archived