• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

incorporating right column space into ...

dumb_question

I got rid of right column by deleting infoboxes. However, i am still not able to use the right column space. is there any way of incorporating right column into central column?

Also, is there a way to increase the space between left column and the central column.

Thank you for your help in advance.

I appreciate it.

Dumb,

You will need to look through all of your files (php) in your "main" shop (or catalog, depending on what version of OSC you're running) directory, and scroll to near the bottom of all these files, looking specifically for the following:

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

DELETE everything between <!-- body_text_eof //--> and <!-- body_eof //--> to get rid of the empty spcae you now probably have.

This will allow everything, except for the boxes in the left column, to stretch the rest of the way over (all of your text, forms, product descriptions, etc) to the right of the page.

I've already done the same thing a while back, so if you want to see what it looks like before you do this, click on the "www" button below to get a look at our site.

Good luck :), I hope this helps you do what you want to do.

Just as 'Dumb'... :D

Thanks Jeff...

I looked at your site it looks nice. I have a question though...On some pages, tell a friend box pops up. when we remove the right column totally...what haappens to " tell a friend" box.

Also, on your site I noticed that you have used a footer bar. Can you please tell me how you did that.

Thanks. appreciate your help.

Dumb!

DQ,

I think that if you remove the right column completely (as I explained how previously), NONE of the boxes that are defined, included or required in your column_right.php should appear.

But, if this does happen, I'd take a look at the page your on (look in the address bar in your browser) and then open that file and "comment out" (by placing two forward slashes, //, in front of require, include, define, etc) any instance of the "tell a friend" box if it does appear. However, I don't think this would actually happen, and I'm no expert on php, but you never know. I've seen stranger things happen with OSC.

If you want, send me a PM and post your code from your column_right.php and I'll have a look at it to see what's going on (again, I'm no expert and actually just learning php/css for the first time, but if I can help, I will).

Let's take care of this first, then I'll get into the footer bar...It's easy, but you need to change several things to get this to work.

Archived