• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP!

mdev

Hello,

I was just referred here by a gateway whose shopping cart doesn't meet my client's needs. I was doing so well until I got to the shipping module and my client will not be charging a flat fee for shipping--it will depend on the weight of the package which in turn depends on the quantity.

Anyway, it's too bad because that shopping cart was set up for non-techie types like me. I am a web designer, with the emphasis being on graphic design. I am not a programmer. So yes, I am new to the ecommerce aspect of things and need a little hand-holding, if anyone is willing to help me. Where do I start? I've never used open source software before.

The tech support at the gateway handling my client's transactions referred me to OSCommerce.com.

Unfortunately, this being an open-source community primarily geared toward programmers, there's no step by step module to follow. There are several links to downloads on the site, but I'm confused as to which one I would choose. How do I even begin to use the OSCommerce Shopping cart?

Thank you.

Welcome aboard

I suggest you download the 2.2MS2 version (it is the latest stable version)

You can read the installation and basic modification document here

And you can do search here or ask questions

Regards

The_Bear

I was new too a month ago - and I am not a programmer - I am just persitant - I have 5 shops now.

Try following the installation instructions HERE - I have found them to be spot on - as long as you follow them step by step and do not run away with yourself.

I have also found it easyer than most because my hosting Neureal supports this shop - and I can just click "add oscommerce shop" - and I do not have to upload any files.

Archived