• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Interesting shipping problem

megacool

We have a flat tiered shipping pricing structure.. so for that I am using the Table Rate shipping module... everything is fine till then.

But we also charge additional flat fees for extra express shipping options such as Priority handling, Saturday Delivery etc.

How is it possible to add these express delivery options at the shipping page.

One solution came to mind, which I rejected was creating a Product attribute, but that would be confusing and its NOT a product attribute, more like a shipping option/attribute.

Have anyone done this ? It should be similar to adding a gift wrap.

Thank you in advance!

You could create and setup additional Table Rate Modules that take into consideration the additional cost. I wrote a solution this MANY months ago and posted it in this forum. Try a search and see what you come up with.

There is this contribution...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1470/page,3

You could use the same type of logic to create the additional table rates.

-R

My client has just sprung on me an eleventh hour need to have a tiered shipping rate. They want to do the following:

First Class Mail USPS (4-7 business days) Free

Priority Mail USPS (2-4 business days) 6.00

Overnight Federal Express (Next Day) $20.00

Can I DO this with a table rate and can I get a clue or to on how to set this up?

Many thanks.

By doing this, the customer would have a choice during checkout of selecting one of the multiple table rates listed.

In addition to what you already have now, this solution means creating additional table rate module files and activating them in Admin.

Make sense?

-R

symphonygirl...

If you will be using a flat rate for shipping then use the contribution I recommended above. That will allow you to create multiple flat rate shipping rate options.

-R

By doing this, the customer would have a choice during checkout of selecting one of the multiple table rates listed.

In addition to what you already have now, this solution means creating additional table rate module files and activating them in Admin.

Make sense?

-R

Starting to make sense now..

So I am gonna edit

store/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/table.php and make a new one out of it?

and How exactly I would *activate* it from admin? from the shipping module I suppose?

This is a very basic explanation of what is to be done.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63148

Basically you will need to make 2 more copies of table.php, making each of them unique. Place them in the modules/shipping directory and go to Admin to activate them like you would any other module.

-R

Thank you soo much... but here's what I did I made duplicates of table.php with names table2.php and table3.php and copied them to my server.. but when I went to the shipping module.. but I I received several errors.. what am I doing wrong?

I was supposed to edit the new table files ... werent I ? :unsure:

Not only do the names of the files need to be unique, but so so the references in the code. Try replacing instances of table with tabletwo and tablethree. Don't use a number (table1) or an _ (table_one) when renaming things. For some reason, it doesn't work well.

-R

Not only do the names of the files need to be unique, but so so the references in the code. Try replacing instances of table with tabletwo and tablethree. Don't use a number (table1) or an _ (table_one) when renaming things. For some reason, it doesn't work well.

-R

References in tabletwo.php and tablethree.php code right?

Ok heres the issue

I replaced all instances of the word 'table' (manually) by 'tabletwo'.. preserving case wherever possible. Named the the file as 'tabletwo.php' and uploaded it in catalog/includes/modules/shipping

After that I went to Admin/Modules/Shipping I get the following errors

Warning: main(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/store/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/tabletwo.php in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/store/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/home/html/store/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/tabletwo.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/store/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/html/store/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/tabletwo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/store/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 128
1146 - Table 'oscommerce.TABLETWO_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_value from TABLETWO_CONFIGURATION where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLETWO_STATUS'

[TEP STOP]

I did check the catalog/admin/modules.php file on line 128.. but it didn't make much sense to me :(

Any ideas?

Archived