• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product_Listing Problem

goober0424

I cannot find this plus sign that is showing up after my column title for my products name. I have searched and searched through code to try to find this little detail and i have been unsucessful. If any one know where this plus sign is please let me know so i can remove it.

Thanks.

I think he means the sort asc/desc toggle.

I think you can find that in the /includes/modules/product_liting.php script.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I need to find where the toggle text is located. Thanks for the post on the Sort inside the index.php file. I'm going to look through all of the language includes and see if i can find what i'm looking for. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Found it...

Open catalog/includes/functions/general.php. Look for the follwing code starting around line#864...

if ($sortby) {

$sort_prefix = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'sort')) . 'page=1&sort=' . $colnum . ($sortby == $colnum . 'a' ? 'd' : 'a')) . '" title="' . tep_output_string(TEXT_SORT_PRODUCTS . ($sortby == $colnum . 'd' || substr($sortby, 0, 1) != $colnum ? TEXT_ASCENDINGLY : TEXT_DESCENDINGLY) . TEXT_BY . $heading) . '" class="productListing-heading">' ;

$sort_suffix = (substr($sortby, 0, 1) == $colnum ? (substr($sortby, 1, 1) == 'a' ? '+' : '-') : '') . '</a>';

}

If you look closely, I have highlighted the "+" symbol.

Hope this helps.

-R

Archived